felt sad that oh didnt seem to support me :(

JRNH

Reaction score
my oh has been on nights these last few days and i started slimming world last thursday and have stuck to it. for those that know me they know me going without crisps is huge!!

anyway ive been run off my feet while hes been on nights, getting the kids to school then when lo sleeps getting the tea ready so he can eat before he goes to work and doing him a packed lunch to take with him, then feeding lo when he wakes getting the other 2 from school giving everyone tea, he goes to work, boys have a little play bath n bed.

so when i rung him last night i was saying i thought id done really well and he said ul only lose weight if u exercise as well so i said ive been walking back n for to the school instead of taking the car and he said yeah but you could clean the house as well :growlmad: i told him i do clean the house n that ive been busy every day while hes been sleeping, which i know he needs to but he doesnt realise what ive been doing each day so i said oh thanks luv thought u might of given me support n said well done i havent had crisps in 6 days so he said well done im proud of u in a stupid voice. i told him not to bother.

this is the first time ive actually felt like im doing well n it just got to me that he couldnt be supportive :nope:

Hugs

My OH never been bothered unless ive said something then i got 'oh well done' been whole year i barely got much from him, this year hes changed lol hes alot more involved.

Bollocks! A lot of weight loss comes from restricting calories. Doing exercise is just an added bonus. I've stopped doing exercise for a week (due to uni work) and the weight is still coming off.

Maybe you could have a word with him and say you'd appreciate it, if he could be a tad bit more supportive! :)

Anyways, if he fails to give any support, you can always rant and receive encouragement from the lovely ladies on here! :)

Going 6 days without crisps is awesome. I understand how much of an achievement that is - me being a crisp addict, I used to eat up to 3 bags a day before I started eating healthy. Could you not bring in some snack a jacks? That's what I have swapped to now, I eat 1 bag a day and they have less than 100 calories in.

Well done, keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Men are crap at giving support with diets cos it bores them... lol.
At the end of the day, you are doing it for you an be proud! my DH rarely comments on my losses but he is happy with the results! ha.

Good luck xxx

Men can be so selfish. I'll force my husband to go to the grocery store, after I purchase all my healthy food, and we are on the way more, he will wine and throw a fit for mcdonalds. So i have to sit in the car with him smelling it, and watching him eat!

My OH never supported me either :hugs: he thinks im fine as i am (some how hes blind to the health risks :dohh:) i just dont think many men get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->