• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Femara and progesterone advice please!

Jillan12

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This is my first cycle on femara and my ob wanted me to get blood drawn around 7dpo. I got mine done at 8dpo and it was 10.93 before I started femara my level was 3.5ish. She said that I did ovulate this month and she wants to keep me on this dosage. Is there a chance that with the same dosage my level will still go up? Is 10.93 a good number? I just want to hear some success stories. What level was your progesterone when yall conceived? I am also on the lowest dosage at 2.5 once a day on days 3-7.

Hello. With my daughter the fertility doctor put me on high dose of femara. I remember that my progesterone was around 15 with that dose. This time I went through my OBGYN. They started me off at the 2.5 dose and my progesterone came back at 11.3. She told me that was a good number so they kept me at that dose, but unfortunately I didn't ovulate the second cycle. The third cycle they upped my dose. I knew I ovulated before the progesterone results came back as I got a bfp. I did do a beta/progesterone check and a repeat. I haven't received teh results yet, but I'll update you when I do.

Good luck!

I’m 30, diagnosed with PCOS. I’m currently on my first cycle of femara 2.5mg CD 5-9. I did ovulate on femara and now 3 DPO. I really hope this one works for us.

I haven't been given femara, I'm not even sure what that is! But I am prescribed Cyclogest pessaries. I don't know what my levels were before starting it as they screwed up my bloods, but I had my levels checked a couple of cycles ago at 9dpo, I'd had a positive HPT, my progesterone levels were 105.7nmol/L or 33.2ng/ml. It resulted in another chemical pregnancy for me, but I believe my oestrogen levels may not be as good as they said (they just said normal, didn't show me the results for that) as a pelvic scan revealed my lining was really thin and I show some of the signs of low oestrogen

Femara is also called letrozole. I was given it as an alternative to clomid as it's known to have less side effects. Basically it works by blocking estrogen receptors, which in turn makes the body produce more FSH and LH to hopefully grow a mature follicle. It's most effective with women who ovulate late or not at all.

If you ovulate, but have any type of hormone imbalance somewhere in your cycle do some research on inositol. I had appt. with my fertility dr. a few days before I got my bfp and he suggested I start taking that immediately. I did a lot of research and it has so many benefits! It's a health supplement so you can get it over the counter.

Ah ok yes. So works like soy does but obviously soy is the natural version.
I read briefly about inositol but I can't remember what I read, so I shall have to reread

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->