Femara / Letrozole Q

Bluebelle84

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am new here and posted this question a day ago in long term TTC but wondering if anyone in this section can help :)
I have posted in Intro as my first post too :)
I have been TTC around three years with one MMC in May. Since then I have done Femara and this is my fifth cycle on it, also monitored. I had bloodwork today (CD 19) and nothing, not even a sign of O, so have been put back on Femara again, starting today. Does anyone have any experience with doing two rounds of meds in they same cycle? I took it CD 4-8 as normal. I would love ANY insight!Thank you!

Its called "stair stepping" its done with women who are not responsive to the meds the first time so they are given a second dose with hopes they will ovulate.
the other option is to wait around to see if AF ever shows which without ovulating could take months to show, most doctors dont see any reason to waste the time.
Here is a study I found:
Objective
The objective of the study was to determine the efficacy of a novel “stair-step” clomiphene protocol in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) who do not respond to 50 mg clomiphene.

Study Design
This was a retrospective analysis at an academic fertility center. The stair-step protocol is performed as follows: 50 mg clomiphene for 5 days, ultrasonography on days 11-14. If unresponsive, immediately begin 100 mg clomiphene for 5 days and repeat ultrasound in 1 week. If still unresponsive, begin 150 mg clomiphene for 5 days and repeat the ultrasound in 1 week. Stair-step cycles were compared with published historical clomiphene outcomes for women who were nonresponsive.

Results
The time to ovulation was 32-53 days less with the stair-step protocol compared with a traditional regimen. The dose-dependent ovulation rate was 64% at 100 mg with the stair-step protocol compared with 22% with a traditional regimen.

Conclusion
It is not necessary to induce menses before increasing clomiphene doses in nonresponsive PCOS patients.

Thank you SO much! I have been hunting through threads for days trying to find this kind of info. I wonder why I was unreponsive this month! The mystery of the body...! Thank you so much again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->