Femara No follicles

Nell0128

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Haven't been on here in a while, hope I can get some advise from the experts,lol.

So I last had a period in Feb, was put on Clomid 100mg from cd 3-7, sad to say it didn't take and haven't had my period since. Was put on provera, that didn't work either to bring on the period.

Was finally able to get an app with my obgyn, and he put me on postoval to gget my period going, and boy did it clean me out. Started Femara 5mg, on cd 3-7 as we no longer have stock of clomid in SA. Went in today CD 10 and besides a very healthy lining, no follicles. He checked on 2 different machines nothing. Now I've been googling like crazy and not much info is available. Does this mean that I'm out for this month or is there a possibility I could still O?

Was told to wait for my period and given a script for clomid and to see him at cd10 again. Clomid should be back in stock by then.

Thanks for you time

hmmm, if you don't have a developing follicle that your doctor can see on the ultrasound then there is no mature egg to be ovulated. If you do ovulated this month I think it won't be for a while because it takes a while for the follicle to develop and then release the egg. I hope you have better luck back on your Clomid next month.

If you don't have a follicle then no egg then no period so they'll have u waiting a while?!

I always thought that if you don't ovulate then you don't have a period. Turns out I was having a period every month but not ovulating. Your hormones can still cycle and cause a period with no egg released. I would say you may or may not have a period this month.

Hi Ladies,

Haven't been on here in a while, hope I can get some advise from the experts,lol.

So I last had a period in Feb, was put on Clomid 100mg from cd 3-7, sad to say it didn't take and haven't had my period since. Was put on provera, that didn't work either to bring on the period.

Was finally able to get an app with my obgyn, and he put me on postoval to gget my period going, and boy did it clean me out. Started Femara 5mg, on cd 3-7 as we no longer have stock of clomid in SA. Went in today CD 10 and besides a very healthy lining, no follicles. He checked on 2 different machines nothing. Now I've been googling like crazy and not much info is available. Does this mean that I'm out for this month or is there a possibility I could still O?

Was told to wait for my period and given a script for clomid and to see him at cd10 again. Clomid should be back in stock by then.

Thanks for you time

Hi,

I seem to have a similar problem! I was also on clomid for the past year, 4 cycles last year no luck and 2 cycles this year no luck, took a 2 month break, and now got unwell today and FS gave me a script for Femara almost fell on my back for the price!! I paid R1050 for 15 tabs, taking it the exact same way I did clomid, from cycle day 3 to 7, 3 a day. And I go on cycle day 13 for a follow up scan.

Good Luck, there is a chance that you would ovulate later, as sometimes, the follicles take longer to grow in some than others....

TyMeg...I have no idea if this will be the same where you are but Femara varies widely in price in the states depending on where you buy it. I found prices from $5 all the way up to $80. You may want to check around if you have that option.

I know that some women respond very well to Femara after not having luck with Clomid. Good luck!

I do hope that this is going to be my month :)

I have gone to another few pharmacies, and its basically the same all round :-(

Thank you ladies so much for your input and advise. I've been googling and some people say that CD10 is way too early, should only be checking around CD12 or 13. So keeping fingers crossed that maybe my follies are just shy, lol.

Tymeg, you paid that much??? OMG, I paid R330 for 10 at Dischem, asked for the generic and they gave me Laradex, so maybe ask for that next time if you have another cycle. Sending loads of baby dust your way

Thank you ladies so much for your input and advise. I've been googling and some people say that CD10 is way too early, should only be checking around CD12 or 13. So keeping fingers crossed that maybe my follies are just shy, lol.

Tymeg, you paid that much??? OMG, I paid R330 for 10 at Dischem, asked for the generic and they gave me Laradex, so maybe ask for that next time if you have another cycle. Sending loads of baby dust your way

Hey,

My pharmacist and FS didnt want me to use the generic just yet.
They both said try the Femara 1st if it works, we can do the generic.

Ok, though it makes no sense to me, cos i thought the generic was the same as the original. Good luck and keep me posted on your developments please.

Hi

Sometimes the generic is not the exact same as the original.
And sometimes it is not as effective as the original one.
I had the same problem with the Metformin, and a few other ladies on the forum as well.

I start taking it today.

Did you have any side effects on it?

Im so scared, because with the clomid, I really had bad side effects, and could barely handle it.

I had zero side effects on both and then I read about other that have all the side effects. Hope you have better luck than me.

Well something strange happened this weekend, started feeling that heaviness, like my period was coming, and a slight twinge, later went to the bathroom and had that ewcm. Not sure what to make of it

Morning,

I had the worst headache yesterday after I took it, that I tried sleeping it off all afternoon and evening.

Anyway, I guess my head is just too sensitive! LOL...

On what cycle day are you????? Because if you have EWCM, then it means you need to start BD'ing..... :)

Hey,

I'm so sorry you having these side effects. Just glad we only have to take it for 5 days. Lol

Well, hubby is away for the week, so no go there. We did BD for fun, on Thursday after my app at the gynae. So I'm hoping against all odds that if I am O'ing then his guys are the hardy type and are still alive and swimming in my tubes, lol

Just waiting on the 28th to get my period and then start my clomid cycle. Hope that with all your side effects you get beautiful follies

Hello ladies
Update from my side.
I only made 1 follicle measuring 19.1mm on the left ovary.
1st time ever I make any on the left side.
It usually on the right only.
Hope that is a good sign........
He did the trigger and the cramping has already started.
I have to go on the 7th for bloodwork.

Good luck! I'm about to start round two of Clomid/Ovidrel.

Baby dust!

Hey Tymeg,

Have been thinking about you! That is great news! Sending tons of baby dust your way and praying for a sticky bean for you.

I took Letrozole (generic Femara) and had no issues with insurance covering it as its off label for fertility and approved as a breast cancer drug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->