• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Femara V. Clomid Success Stories please!!

Kantny09

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!!

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that had success with Femara when they didn't get pregnant with Clomid??

But here is the kicker...I ovulated every month with Clomid. So has anyone who ovulated but didn't get pregnant with Clomid wind up switching to Femara and getting pregnant?

Would love to hear stories!!

:hi:

There are lots of stories on here about Femara successes after Clomid and I hope you get some good replies.
I have PCOS and already had 1 DS but wasn't ovulating when we came to ttc our second. I tried Clomid and had hit and miss ovulation some months and then nothing at others... sometimes in some women Clomid can really thin the lining making implantation difficult and I will never know if that happened to me as I wasn't monitored.
Anyway, I had an ovarian drilling operation with a lap and dye and 5 months after my op, my very first Femara cycle I got my BFP. I also took Metformin for help with my PCOS. I posted more info on this thread:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/success-stories/1880833-femara-success.html
Fingers crossed for you with your next step :hugs:

Hi Ladies!!

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that had success with Femara when they didn't get pregnant with Clomid??

But here is the kicker...I ovulated every month with Clomid. So has anyone who ovulated but didn't get pregnant with Clomid wind up switching to Femara and getting pregnant?

Would love to hear stories!!

Clomid I ovulated on but had horrific side effects. Did 3 natural cycles with it.

Femera I ovulated all three times (2 IUI cycles, one missed cycle) and had no side effects. I got pregnant with the 2nd IUI cycle.

Thanks guys!!! It is so nice to hear of your success with Femara! I should start AF in the next couple of days and then I get to move on to this next step! I certainly hope I have the same success!,

Hi kantny,

I have been on clomid 4cycles (50mg) as well..ovulated each time (lh surge) ...but no pregnancy as well....I have to get tubes tested and DH tests done next. Not sure what I will be doing next month....

Keep me posted about your progress!

I took clpmid for 6 cycles and had a chemical. I was told my lining was too thin , apparently clomid does this.

got my BFP on my 6th round of femara. took us a while but better late than never lol.

I had no hope for my final round on femara as due to work we only managed to BD 2 days before O but that turned out fine.

good luck

Congratulations Laurabe!! In your signature...are the numbers your cycle lengths?? Because that looks just about exactly like mine! How did you pin point ovulation? Did you use OPK's? I am currently on my 2 cycle of Femara after 5 failed Clomid cycles. It is nice to hear that you had success!! DH and I are going in to our 3rd year of trying and I pray that 2014 will be our year!

yeh that's my cycle lengths, I just used OPKs for ovulation and I had pretty strong O pains on femara, like I said I wasn't feeling positive about this month because we didn't BD much and I was working too much and focused on Xmas. OH swears that me being less focused on TTC made me more relaxed and maybe that contributed to the success this month

I'm over the moon though as this was my last round on it before IVF , we were trying for just over 2 years. hope 2014 is your year, it certain!y feels like mine

best wishes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"