fertile days

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
I was talking to a friend of mine who had her twins at 38, she says she only dtd twice the month she conceived and neither date was within the time when she should have ovulated. I keep meeting women who say they got pregnant outside the normal period. So I think I´m gonna try BD all month and hope to catch a second or third ovulation. Apparently it is more common at our age then when your younger. Anyone else get their bfp at a strange date? And who is in for dtd all month?

Well, no BFP, but I am very conscious about DTD during O time, lol.

Never heard of that before, but it is good to know. I have heard of people having double ovulation, one ovariy ovulates and few days later the other ovulates as well...
The more I find out the more I think the body is sooooo complicated lol

Dmom, don´t tell me you are like me! During O time you have your action planned and give you OH an action schedule??? lol Just joking but my partner keeps moaning about my strategies to get PG :blush:

Dmom, don´t tell me you are like me! During O time you have your action planned and give you OH an action schedule??? lol Just joking but my partner keeps moaning about my strategies to get PG :blush:

I am fortunate that my DH is very willing, but I do tell him during AF which days will be his lucky days so he knows ahead of time. :blush:

Wow, it is sad that sex has turned into this....:wacko:

My DH will now count from CD 1 and already has his own plan in place for how often etc. etc. he really thinks TTC=lots of action for him

Mine does, too...

I was toying with the idea of doing it every 3rd day without temping or testing....

I can't do it every day....or even every other day...I get too
sore.:blush:

Mine does, too...

I was toying with the idea of doing it every 3rd day without temping or testing....

I can't do it every day....or even every other day...I get too
sore.:blush:

They think its a free for all:wacko:

Indigo - didn't you post something one time about Oing more than once a month?? I'd love to O twice, but I need to O ONCE first!! LOL

We bd whenever we want when I'm not fertile. I never have a plan for that time, but it's still pretty frequent. It would be very unusual to go 5-6 days without bd.
During fertile times, we bd every other day.

Those gals that get pregnant when they aren't at their peak probably aren't even that aware of their bodies. They might think that they ovulate on cd14 (because some ob/gyn suggested it), but they O sooner or later and accidentally hit the mark anyway.
It truly is amazing to me how so many women don't know when they are fertile. But, then again, my own body is like a blinking neon sign with ovulation, lol. You can't really miss mine.

If you look at the way the menstrual cycle works and all of the hormones that play a role, I think it's very unlikely that multiple ovulations occur far apart from each other. It's more likely that they occur a day or so apart.

My theory is that most of those people that just happened to get pregnant on the "off" fertile days, are not as in tune to when they actually did Ovulate..

There are always those stories going around, but I honestly think that most of it is within the 5 days that sperm can live and the 1 day that they egg can live.. I honestly think also that thre might be those sperm that can live for a day longer or shorter and that all those numbers are just studies that have been done, not everyone..

All the best to you Natsby, I only have a small window of conception since I am using a donor, but I think if I could I would do far more BDing than just the weekend of O!

I was talking to a friend of mine who had her twins at 38, she says she only dtd twice the month she conceived and neither date was within the time when she should have ovulated. I keep meeting women who say they got pregnant outside the normal period. So I think I´m gonna try BD all month and hope to catch a second or third ovulation. Apparently it is more common at our age then when your younger. Anyone else get their bfp at a strange date? And who is in for dtd all month?

YES YES and YES.... when i met my hubby for the first time and we started dating we DTD ONCE on Day 20 of my cycle (yes Dmom i'm a tart haha) i might add but without any protection because i'd just had an operation and had to come off the pill. I was passed ovulation so i thought (i have a 28 day cycle) and i said ' i won't get pregnant because i've passed ovulation' well that was a load of bollocks because i did end up getting pregnant and my BFP didn't show up at least a week later from when my AF is due. I was 33 then. Anything is possible. :flower:

We only bd once the month i conceived, i had no idea when i even ovulated , he was working away most of the month.
Next month i am not going to do opks or charting we are going to bd as and when we feel like having a bit of rumpy. Talking to my doctor yesterday she said the stress of doing opks and timing bd isn't helping you just need to relax, it happened once so it can happen again

Hmm, I would not set much store on accidentally conceiving, unless you are DTD pretty regularly, yes there are plenty who conceive having not a clue what is going on within their bodies, but they must have been lucky enough to do it at the right time LOL

Neither do I believe that there are 5 days that the sperm can stick around in your body waiting to pounce on the egg, maybe in theory but not in practice, if that was the case there would be no need for charting and opks because anyone who had sex with their partners 5 times a month would fall pregnant...

BUT, I like the thought, for me it's not a possiblity to be this relaxed about it, we tried that and it didn't work (he's only home 1 maximum of 14 days in 28 sometimes less).

Jodie, you are no hussie...:hugs:

NS, I think it's more like 72 hours max on the sperm surviving, under the most perfect conditions.

Jodie, you are no hussie...:hugs:

NS, I think it's more like 72 hours max on the sperm surviving, under the most perfect conditions.

Yep. And according to TCOYF, if you don't have fertile quality cm, they only live for a few hours, not days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->