fertility boosting foods

Ha ha ha I never meant to diss the Ramen, every now and then I'll get an instant noodle fix myself.

Just saying that most of us have proper dinners the majority of the time now.

My OH loves macaroni and cheese I make that for him about once a month, the rest of the time he is getting forced to eat proper dinners with vegetables on the plate EVERY TIME.

I think we would all get pregnant faster if Northstar shared out those cakes on her profile pic. I have a strange feeling they would do the trick. lol

Dmom I´m sorry about the peas.
I´m off to hula hoop a bit in the garden, trying to tone my abbs and this is the most fun way I could think of. Besides my hoop is gold and purple and sparkly, if that isn´t an incentive to get fit nothing is.

Nats, we need a pic of you and your shiny hoop! Lol

well before i had the mc 2 weeks ago i had been eating healthier... cut right down on processed foods. had salads or fruit salads of melon and pineapple for lunch and for dinner i would have meat and veg... and i cut out crisps and sweets too so there must be some truth in healthy eating... and started an exercise class too.. and if i remember right i had a few spoonfuls of the cough medicine in run up to ov

ive been trying to find info on this on line and have only come up with the usuall healthy eating diets like cut out sugar and fat, less carbs eat full fat yoghurts and drink full fat milk and eat lots of fruit and veg....

anyone know anything else?

Avoid processed foods and pesticides as much as possible - eat organic as much as possible.

Oysters are high in zinc which is good for both you and your man.

Eat fatty fish but ones that are also low in mercury (such as wild salmon) to get omega-3s.

Eat foods high in antioxidants - broccoli, berries, etc

Greens such as spirulina or chlorella are good for detoxing any heavy metals from your body. I have a bag of chlorella powder and add some to a smoothie.

Avoid soda, caffeine, coffee (even decaf, too acidic, sigh)

If you eat meat eat lean meats but go for full fat dairy (since eating low fat dairy affects your hormone balance) Plant fat is good (avocados mmm)

Maca powder and bee pollen and royal jelly (from bees) are supposed fertility aids.

When you're in your twenties you can probably eat anything you want and still get pregnant but I think when we are older we need all the advantages we can get.

Fully loaded milk? Hmmm I'm liking that!

Nothing on this earth will get me to eat oysters :sick:

I drink a lot of milk, but el zippo fat milk........maybe I should change :thumbup:

What is the deal on green tea, is that supposed to be good too? I think in sept I might try the bee pollen thing and also I just read something about PABA which is some kind of B vitamin but I guess that is getting into supplements rather than actual foods. I do mostly eat healthy foods but might add in some pineapple by the sounds of things :)

Butterfly, if you take B complex, I am not sure about adding in all of the single B vitamins...I would look into that first.

PABA is seen a lot in skin care products.

See, I'm back to confused....which isn't a big stretch, lol.

Green tea is ok even though it is caffeinated? Could one take green tea pills?

BTW, girls I highly recommend green tea ice cream if you can find it, not for TTC, but just bc it is da*n good! I don't really care for ice cream, but this one is special, lol.

Dmom it confused me too when I researched it so I do take green tea tablets which have no caffeine in them :thumbup:

I know green tea does have caffeine in it but less that coffee.

Green tea is low in caffeine, much lower than black tea, which in turn is lower than coffee. Its also high in antioxidants which is a good thing. You can get decaf green tea if you are worried about the caffeine but its really a very small amount.

Need to figure how to do the multi quote thing...

Thanks ladies, I think I will go for everything I can find in September then and do the green tea, EPO and I will look further into the PABA, B bit thing Dmom to see what the story is about al the other B vits.

Been out with my bff today as was her birthday and luckily it was really sunny so we spent the whole day sunning ourselves at the gym although we mind have held back a little too much on the suncream :blush: just catching up on all the threads now...

Green tea is low in caffeine, much lower than black tea, which in turn is lower than coffee. Its also high in antioxidants which is a good thing. You can get decaf green tea if you are worried about the caffeine but its really a very small amount.

Is the decaf process worse than the actual caffeine? See, I am all confused again, lol.:wacko:

Is the decaf process worse than the actual caffeine? See, I am all confused again, lol.:wacko:

Dmom I regularly get confused by it all too :hugs:

My doctor last week told me not to drink decaf drinks as the chemicals used are worse for TTC than the caffeine. I've not researched that anywhere else as I trust my doctor

My doctor last week told me not to drink decaf drinks as the chemicals used are worse for TTC than the caffeine. I've not researched that anywhere else as I trust my doctor

This makes me feel a lot better, I dislike all forms of tea, herbal, decaffinated or otherwise, so I hereby give myself permission never to choke down another cup of herbal tea. :winkwink:

I only like sweet iced tea that you find in the southern part of the States. The rest of it makes me vomit, lol.

Woh! For reals?! I totally switched to decaf coffee and tea 4 months ago - trying to be good - but now it's worse for you than the caffeine?!? :dohh::dohh::dohh:

This ttc thing is so complicated...!

But green tea is vile!! I go for Redbush tea any day, you can even have it with mil and sugar like English tea.
We can´t do everything right for ttc so just stick to the bits that work for you, ( says the woman who put raw egg yolk, flax oil and spirilina in her smoothie today.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->