Fertility drug question, FSH, fertility treatments

aminah2011

Reaction score
Hi Im new here. Im 38 ttc #3 and Im not currently on any fertility drugs or seeing a Dr about this. I had my FSH tested on day 3 and it was 5.7 and LH was 6.4. I read that was normal so I didn't expect any problems. But Im starting to think maybe I should see a Dr and get a fertility drug or something. I wanted to see how you would get something like that started...what kind of tests they do before prescribing something. Or what they can do? Even any links with information would be appreciated...thanks.

Honestly, you just never know.
There are women here with great labs results, and no baby even after IVF.
And I've seen others post with absolutely horrible labs, and they spontaneously get pregnant.

If you've been ttc for 6 months, I would go see your ob/gyn and get a workup started.

I agree with ready, and FSH test results can vary month to month as well...so one result doesn't automatically define your fertility. My labs all came back great, however on my first round of IVF I found out I have low egg reserve which means I have a low number of eggs...this will make it more difficult to concieve naturally. It also makes it more difficult to concieve with IVF, you def should go book in to see a gyno/FS etc. I'm 37 and currently TTC#3 as well :) Best of luck to you and I hope your BFP comes quickly:thumbup:

Honestly, you just never know.
There are women here with great labs results, and no baby even after IVF.
And I've seen others post with absolutely horrible labs, and they spontaneously get pregnant.

If you've been ttc for 6 months, I would go see your ob/gyn and get a workup started.

Thanks, I think i will have to call and make an appointment. I never dreamed it would be so hard.

I agree with ready, and FSH test results can vary month to month as well...so one result doesn't automatically define your fertility. My labs all came back great, however on my first round of IVF I found out I have low egg reserve which means I have a low number of eggs...this will make it more difficult to concieve naturally. It also makes it more difficult to concieve with IVF, you def should go book in to see a gyno/FS etc. I'm 37 and currently TTC#3 as well :) Best of luck to you and I hope your BFP comes quickly:thumbup:

How can they tell if you have a low level of eggs? Are you still going to do the IVF? Thanks for the well wishes....baby dust to you too :)

If your AMH levels are low that's an indicator that egg reserves are low and when stimulating for IVF reults in low egg numbers. We're still going to have IVF again, now that we know I'm a poor responder my protocol will be a bit different. I still have eggs:haha:, I just don't have alot for a 37 year old:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->