Fertility Foods?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Hickdaisy, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Hickdaisy

Hickdaisy Me: 22 DH: 31 TTC 2 yrs+

I know that an overall healthy diet is good for fertility and I'm trying my best to get my green veggies, fish, whole grains, and vitamins but is there any certain foods or meals that seem to help more with getting pregnant?

2. Fleur29

Fleur29 Well-Known Member

Brazil nuts - or so I've heard!! Also lots of leafy veg! A good book to read is the baby making bible - lots of suggestions there with recipes to try and foods to eat. Good luck!! X

3. AnnieS

AnnieS Member

Hi Hickdaisy, I downloaded an app called "My Fertile Food" which lists the following as "super foods" that promote fertility:

Pumpkin seeds (high in iron)
    Liver
    Egg yolks
    Cold-water, fatty fish
    Cod liver oil
    Grass-fed dairy
    Flax seeds
    Gou qi berries
    Yams

And it has a long list of foods to avoid. I found it quite easy to follow. Good luck :)

4. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn Mom of three boys <3

Before I got pregnant with my first son, I did a "fertility diet" for a few weeks. It was basically a liver cleanse (your liver processes hormones, so if you treat it well, it does its job better, balancing out your hormones better). I read about it in a book I got from the library by Zita West. I can't find the diet outlined anywhere online, but maybe check your library for something similar?

5. babytry

babytry Guest

I've read about avocado, also seen on ovufriend fb that raspberries are good for fertility. Reducing coffee:/