Fertility Foods?

Hickdaisy

Me: 22 DH: 31 TTC 2 yrs+
Reaction score

I know that an overall healthy diet is good for fertility and I'm trying my best to get my green veggies, fish, whole grains, and vitamins but is there any certain foods or meals that seem to help more with getting pregnant?

Brazil nuts - or so I've heard!! Also lots of leafy veg! A good book to read is the baby making bible - lots of suggestions there with recipes to try and foods to eat. Good luck!! X

Hi Hickdaisy, I downloaded an app called "My Fertile Food" which lists the following as "super foods" that promote fertility:

Pumpkin seeds (high in iron)
Liver
Egg yolks
Cold-water, fatty fish
Cod liver oil
Grass-fed dairy
Flax seeds
Gou qi berries
Yams

And it has a long list of foods to avoid. I found it quite easy to follow. Good luck :)

Before I got pregnant with my first son, I did a "fertility diet" for a few weeks. It was basically a liver cleanse (your liver processes hormones, so if you treat it well, it does its job better, balancing out your hormones better). I read about it in a book I got from the library by Zita West. I can't find the diet outlined anywhere online, but maybe check your library for something similar?

I've read about avocado, also seen on ovufriend fb that raspberries are good for fertility. Reducing coffee:/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->