Fertility Friend after MC?

samiam

NTNP after 3 mcs
Reaction score
Hi everyone. One week after the whole nightmare started and I find that the only thing that's keeping me sane is trying to develop a plan for TTC after the first cycle, but when I try to plan things out on fertility friend, the software doesn't seem to understand and calculate the MC. Their help forum says to start a new chart with the MC date (November 16th) entered as AF. So I've done that, but now the chart suggests (based on what? the two temps I've entered since then?) that my fertile days are today, tomorrow and Monday. Surely if you have a real AF, the software wouldn't think that you'd be fertile at the end of that same week.

Any suggestions? It's very frustrating and I don't think those sites take into consideration that people do MC and then want to try again. In fact, I feel a bit angry about it (probably misplaced anger and hormones, but still).

The problem with fertility friend is that it can only say when you've actually ovulated (by temps etc.) after the fact and not before. It might be predicting for you if you have a VIP membership (I don't have that) but I would just ignore it for the moment until you get some more temps in the system. You can keep BDing just in case every other day but it's not likely that you are fertile the same week as a miscarriage.

The problem with fertility friend is that it can only say when you've actually ovulated (by temps etc.) after the fact and not before. It might be predicting for you if you have a VIP membership (I don't have that) but I would just ignore it for the moment until you get some more temps in the system. You can keep BDing just in case every other day but it's not likely that you are fertile the same week as a miscarriage.

Thank you. So would you suggest Ovulation test sticks as a better method for the moment? We're not doing the BD right now (too soon), but I do want to try to figure out what the new cycle is going to be. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun out of the desire to avoid thinking about the lost one. But the clock is also ticking for me (I'm 43 now) so I don't have too much time to play with.

On a side note, maybe I am just emotional, but from all of the posts I've read, I like you, GrandBleu. I think you seem like a very good person and I wish you all the best in your process. Fingers crossed; maybe we will be bump buddies.

Hi, i just started using fertility friend too and i just bought clearblue ovulations tests and so far i think im going to get on better with the tests as its cut and cry smiley face yes circle no. But im going to give them both a try for a few months.

And i am so so sorry about your MC. I was the same. All i could think about was getting pregnant again. Good luck with sorting out fertility friend and getting your BFP!!

I put my date i miscarried in as my last AF but that was a month ago so im hoping that the dates its telling me i should be fertile are correct.

Thank you. So would you suggest Ovulation test sticks as a better method for the moment? We're not doing the BD right now (too soon), but I do want to try to figure out what the new cycle is going to be. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun out of the desire to avoid thinking about the lost one. But the clock is also ticking for me (I'm 43 now) so I don't have too much time to play with.

On a side note, maybe I am just emotional, but from all of the posts I've read, I like you, GrandBleu. I think you seem like a very good person and I wish you all the best in your process. Fingers crossed; maybe we will be bump buddies.

Oh thanks hon - that's sweet :hugs: I don't know what's best right after a miscarriage - I know for me personally since I knew I wasn't going to be trying to have a baby between my miscarriage and 1st period I just didn't temp or anything - the waiting game. I think temps will probably be a bit all over the place as the pregnancy hormones leave your system. I've never used OPK's so I'm not sure if those would give a better result or not, sorry:shrug:

Sorry for your loss...I would love to be bump buddies - sooner than later :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->