Fertility referral advice

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
Hi there, i posted in ttc forums but didnt really get a response so thought i would post here to see if anyone could help.

I'm looking for advice for my sister who has been ttc for over a year now with no luck. She's 29 and has no children yet. She went to her GP a few months ago for fertility advice and was informed she needed a 21 day blood test. Unfortunately she had to go back as she has had no period for over 4 months so is unsure of her cycle days. She was then referred to the fertility clinic.

Im really just wondering how long the referral generally takes? Is there anything she should be doing meantime? What happens when you are referred?

TIA X

It honestly depends on the clinic she's being referred to. Mine had a three month waiting list to see new patients. That's fairly common. But I got on a cancellation list and was seen within a month.

She could have her other doctor order tests in the meantime but it might be best to wait for the RE. Does she have PCOS? Or know why her cycles are so long?

I had to wait 2 months. Mine initially gave me an appointment 3 months out, but I called a month later and they had an opening the next month. Just went in yesterday.

I was referredin march, seen in May, had my hsg in June and found out I was pregnant end of June, we were told it would be within 3 months we'd have the initial appointment but did end up being quicker. We're in the U.K.

We obviously didn't get that far into the process but the hospital re-ran the SA and my bloods and sent me for the hsg. That's as far as we got but I guess the next step would have been considering treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->