FET Spring 2015? Join me!

SunUp

Mom
Reaction score
Hey! I am gearing up for another FET cycle this spring. Waiting for our clinic to notify us of the official transfer date.

This will be our third FET, we are trying for #2. Our fresh IVF resulted in DS, and 8 frosties. We have transferred 3 of the :cold: and BFN so far. Hoping third times the charm. :thumbup:

My cycle will be birth control (yuck), then Del Estrogen and PIO injections. Also going to talk to RE about a few other options to hopefully end with a BFP.

Looking for buddies to go through this with!:hugs:

I suppose it'll be me too.

We have a daughter who has just turned one through ivf and going for our three frozen ones.

I'm still swinging from one to two eggs being pit back in (depending on whether thaw ok?)
Got Get bloods done again probably next month then all systems go - which will work out probably exactly the same as when we got pregnant with our daughter (she popped in me on the 25th May!!)

Hi, I would love to join you.

I have just completed my first stim, which was a 'Freeze all' cycle due to Risk of OHSS. On day 3 we had 7 strong embies which were left to culture, but by day 5 none had developed to blasts. On day 6 we had 2 blasts of average quality that are now in the freezer. I am terrified that they won't survive the thaw for our FET due sometime this spring but am trying to stay positive. Do you mind sharing your experiences with thawing blasts/embies?

I'm 37 and finding this ivf journey to be a lonely roller coaster like no other. We find out in a couple of weeks when the thaw/transfer is likely to be, but it's looking like late march/April.

Good luck to all, may our deepest desires come true. Xxx. :hugs:

Hi PC & Yog! Welcome :) glad there are some others going through this.

AFM, all thaws have gone well. Thaw rates have gotten a lot better in the past few years, because they have improved freezing techniques.

My drs say the rate for them is about 70% success on thawing- so the odds are one of yours will thaw ok.....

U
Also for some reason the clinic where I go to the success rate has increased to roughly 75% pregnancy rate for FET. They don't know why it's gotten so good over the . Past few months!! ??

That's an awesome rate, PC!

Got my transfer date: 4/6!

SunUp, that's great you got a date. Something to aim for.

Thanks for the replies re. survival rate for frosties. I was really hoping we get more, especially since all our embies were doing so well on day 3. i'm not sure if the clinic will go for FET on our next natural cycle or if they'll recommending stimming again before we try our FET. (I have thin uterine lining caused by low estrogen that seems to improve drasitically with stimming). We will find out on Thursday hopefully. The not-knowing for me is somehow much worse than the injections and hard dates.

Our clinic also has great success rates for FET's so fingers crossed we get our BFP's soon. :) xxx

Hi ladies!! I would like to join. Will be doing a frozen cycle in April when a comes. We are trying for #2 which was conceived through 2nd fet. Had to freeze 7 blasts due to ohss. I'm praying these last two make the thaw.

Yay MBG! Welcome!!!

Any idea when in April you will have FET?

I had my baseline scan today! Keeping fingers crossed that blood work comes back normal so I can start estrogen injections! Less than 3 weeks until transfer :) Trying to stay positive.

My clinic is having me increase the amount of estrogen this time. I usually have a great lining but maybe this time I'll have an amazing lining after the extra estrogen! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Yay MBG! Welcome!!!

Any idea when in April you will have FET?

I had my baseline scan today! Keeping fingers crossed that blood work comes back normal so I can start estrogen injections! Less than 3 weeks until transfer :) Trying to stay positive.

My clinic is having me increase the amount of estrogen this time. I usually have a great lining but maybe this time I'll have an amazing lining after the extra estrogen! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hi - what does your clinic like your lining to be? mine likes to be a minium of 8mm approx. 10 days before transfer when doing FET. They also have me on estrogen 3 times a day 2.5 weeks before transfer after the base scan is all good x

So exciting that you already started the process! 3 weeks is soo close! I believe I go in for my lining check on day 20 after af starts and they want it to be 9mm on day of transfer. My af usually comes on the 10th so I think transfer will happen at the end of April beginning of may. My fear is that the clinic will call me on the morning of to tell me that my munchkins didn't make it. The thought of starting the whole process all over again :'(

Hi ladies,

Can I join you? We're TTC our third (we have twins from our previous IVF cycle). I feel guilty for posting but had my FET today and am a total mess emotionally....

Hi Robyn!! Try to stay positive (I know its hard). My last transfer i was a mess and so sure it didn't work- i almost stopped taking my progesterone injections before i had my blood test. Thank goodness i did not stop because i was pregnant! This goes to show how this process can make us nuts lol What day transfer did you have? What was your lining? How many did you trasnfer?

Thanks mbg! We did a two day transfer of 1 embie....last time we did ivf (first fresh transfer) we transferred two embies and got twins (it was a stressful pregnancy but they are both happy healthy children now), so this time we just put one back.

I'm not even sure how thick my lining was - I know they measured and could see the three lines and said it looked good...so hoping it was fine. We used my natural cycle this time so it's already been up and down...originally the Dr thought I would ovulate last weekend and so do the transfer last Wednesday....but in the end I didn't ovulate until Thursday (why????) and so did the transfer yesterday (Saturday). Been on tenderhooks for over a week waiting for confirmation of transfer date, and then yesterday was tricky with the twins not being at preschool and a scheduled visit from my mother-in-law (who I find hard work at the best of times). We haven't told her (or anyone really) that we're trying so she keeps looking at me as if I'm crazy as I try to take things easy...DH has been unwell and I know MiL is thinking 'why isn't she looking after her husband??'

I had a progesterone shot just before the transfer and go in for another one in a week's time....instead of the daily suppositories that I had last time. Made sense when we discussed it at the clinic but now I'm wondering whether a) the suppositories would have been better b) the shot contains a lot of hormones which are making me teary. Also have crampy pain and not sure what to do about it....and now clinic is closed...

I sort of get the feeling that this time round the clinic takes the view 'she knows what she's doing so no need to guide her through it'...they have been so relaxed and just said to keep coming in to check for ovulation...while I'm panicking going 'what's happening???!!!!'

So, yes, I'm a mess right now :( And I apologise for it.

Hey! Welcome Robyn! So excited for your, FET can make us crazy! I am glad you joined, the TWW is awful. When is your test day?

The progesterone injections can cause your body to mimic pregnancy symptoms. I have to take daily progesterone injections starting a few days before my FET (I am doing a medicated cycle) and continue daily injections after FET. It makes it tricky to tell what symptoms are real, and what is from the medications.

My clinic wants a lining of at least 8, which I have always had at least 10.

Started spotting today (14dp2dt) so did a home test - bfn :(

Robyn, I am so sorry. Sending you hugs. I wish there were more I could say, but I know how much it sucks.

I'm officially PUPO! Anyone else have your transfer scheduled?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->