Fetal doppler and plus size

AshNAmber

Loving our Baby Boy
Reaction score
So I was so excited to get my doppler today. My BF and I tried for 45min and all we can hear is me loud and clear in different areas. I watched a couple youtube videos. One said that a sound I thought was me was actually the placenta because it was loud echo like. But we could never find our peanut. I said maybe because I'm a plus size girl its harder to find. Anyone have some advice or words of encouragement?

I wouldn't be too concerned. Its difficult to hear the heartbeat early on. I heard it first on home doppler at 11 weeks and can go days without being able to find it. Try not to worry too much, just remember how low down he's in there tucked away

That's what I said. My BF got called out on a job so we will try again later when he gets home. If we don't hear anything we will wait a few days and try again. I'm trying not to worry much.

What Doppler do you have? I have a sonoline b, I'm gonna start trying next week for fun! I got my sons about 9.5 weeks with it.
My tip is to put it just above your pubic bone but angle it so its point downwards towards your uterus and really slow movements like rotating around, either side you'll hear your arteries I think it is which is the whooshing slow sound, my sons always used to be in the middle somewhere.
Good luck! X

Hi I remember when i did it last time with dd I was suprised at how low low down it was. It was a bit hit and miss sometimes. Cant remember if i drank water or not to help or im getting mixed up with the scan? :haha: (baby brain today) :flower:

I have the sonoline b. I'll make sure when he does it ( BF was so cute saying the Dr was in the house lol) ill tell him to start very low. He was all around my belly button but he did get go low for a few. I'll let yall know when we try again.

Ditto on the pubic bone.

I'm plus sized and got DS at 9 weeks and this one during week 10 (can't remember, but I also didn't start until week 10). DD, my first, I couldn't get her until a little after 15 weeks (started around 11), but I think that mostly had to do with not knowing what I was doing or really looking for :laugh2:

Honestly, though, early on it just takes patience. This one is stubborn, and I can only get her for a couple seconds at a time before she's off somewhere else. Then I can't find her, and then I just give up.

I am plus size and with both my pregnancies I couldn't get the doppler to work until 17 or 18 weeks.

I had a doctor's appointment today and she wouldn't even use the doppler on me. Wouldn't even try because she said it is hard to pick up before 12 weeks. This is with all women, not just plus sized, so I'd imagine it would be hard to find baby's heartbeat at this time with a home doppler. I don't think I found my baby's heartbeat until I was 13/14 weeks.

We found it!!! Omg!!! 😍😍😍 We could hear mine and our little peanuts right behind it.. I wish I could post the video on here.

Well done! I always found it easiest to do it in bed first thing :) x

Congratulations!!! I am plus size, but I've found my different babies at different times: 14 weeks for my first, 9 weeks for my second, 8 weeks for my third, 10 weeks for my fourth and 12 weeks for my fifth. So it depends also on baby's position. I'm so glad you were able to find it!

Thanks ladies. It sure was exciting. I think it funny how people say it sounds like galloping horses. We joked about it sounding like a little train chugging lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->