Fetal Doppler?

Timetotry

Reaction score
Do any of you ladies have a fetal Doppler?
I can't decide if I want to get one. After such a struggle to get to this point I feel like it would really help this feel real, but I'm worried about getting obsessed with it or not being able to find the heartbeat and scaring myself.

Are there any brands that anyone recommends?

I bought one with my first child bc I lost one before her. It honestly helped reassure me so much. You have to go in it knowing you may not always find it. These babies are tiny and the hearts are even tinier in the beginning and even a little wiggle and you'll lose it even if you do find it easily. I use mine about once a week just to check for my sanity. I've only just been consistently finding it in a similar spot every time but only for a minute at the most and than the baby kicks away. You can hear the kicks too. Mine is a Hi Bebe BT200. I've had it since 2009 and I've loaned it out over the years as well as used for my three viable pregnancies. Still works like new. :flower:

I have one and it saved me anxiety lots of times during my pregnancy. I think I first caught the heartbeat at about 8 or 9 weeks. I used it regularly until I could feel kicks, and then I used it when the baby would have a quiet day. I had the Sonoline B fetal doppler and highly recommend it!

Popping over from 2nd tri. I have a sonoline b pocket fetal doppler.
We didn't even get it til around 15 weeks so I can't say much for early listening.
But I love mine. It makes me so happy to hear him and if anything happens that has me worried, I can check it out.
It was a little hard to find him the first 2 times but you get the hang of it and where your baby generally sits, and also what baby's heart sounds like vs other body/womb sounds.
It gives us a bonding moment as well.
As far as over using, I limit myself to once every 2 days max and only listen for a few min or if something has me worried, I'll make an exception.
It's a fun thing to have and can put your mind at ease but I also went through 2 other pregnancies without it.

It's been really nice to have. I've used it from 9-10 weeks on in all 3 of my pregnancies. I'm an anxious person, so I feel like if I hadn't had it, I would have been worrying constantly. I like to check up on baby in those early weeks when you can't yet feel baby, but you're past the point of seeing two lines on a pregnancy test. Sometimes it just reinforces that it's real, you know? I have the sonoline B and have had it for 3 years. It still works perfectly!

I have one, used it with DD and loved it. I think it was 11wks when we first heard her.

I've just bought one now I've had my 12 week scan! For me, I think it'll give some peace of mind but also help me feel closer to baby :)

I lost 2 pregnancies before I had my son in 2012. I had an angel sounds dipper and it really helped with my anxiety. I didn't try it until I was 17 weeks because I'm a bigger lady. But some days I would just sit and listen to the heartbeat for 20 mins or so. It always calmed me.

I do! I bought the AngelSounds for $15 on eBay and it was such a great investment. It really puts your mind to ease when you hear the little heartbeat. Definitely worth it! Oh and I was able to use it starting at 10weeks...

I have an angel sounds. I found my daughter at 9 weeks and this baby last night at 8 weeks.

I have a sonoline B 3mhz and used it with dd. I didn't get it until she was 10 wks and found her right away. I'll start trying next weekend in hopes that I can find this baby earlier.

I got one this time as I had a mmc earlier this year. I was 10.5 weeks when I got it and have found baby every time. I know that isn't always the case though. I watched some youtube videos first so I knew what to listen out for. It took me a while to find it first time but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. I was umming and aahhhing about whether to get one, but I am so glad I did. My anxiety would have gone through the roof otherwise. I instantly feel better knowing baby is still going strong in there. You can also hear them moving about which is awesome! I got the sonoline b, it's fab, I would recommend it. Good luck. x

I just got mine today and it's so amazing! :) took a bit of wiggling around but I found the heartbeat quite clearly! Found my own first so I knew what to listen for and sure enough, there is baby galloping away! I'm 13 weeks now, so I can't review it for earlier weeks but works well from this point!

I'm UK based and bought an AnaPulse Hand Held Doppler from Amazon for £35.

I have the sonoline B and picked both my boys up from 11 weeks, it was fantastic for reassurance as long as your not using it instead of seeking medical advice if you think there is a problem with you or baby. It especially shouldn't be used for reassurance with reduced movement ever, you should always be checked by your doctor!.

That being said I loved it for recreational purposes :D

I have an Angel Sounds also. Found baby #1 at about 11 weeks (when I got the doppler) and this baby at 8.5 weeks. As it was so early, I then struggled to find it again for about a week and got worried, which wasn't very nice, but I found it again eventually and now can find it quite easily.

I think I feel like I need to know there's a heartbeat there before I go for the first scan, which is why I've used one with both pregnancies, but really there's no guarantee you will find it yourself during the first trimester. Even midwives can't at times.

A Doppler in the first trimester is the mother of all evil haha!! I am 9+5 by dates and 9 weeks by scan and half an hour ago I thought why not have a try?

It took me 20 minutes to pick up what was obviously baby and not me and even then I could only hold the beat for 5-10 seconds without losing my spot and having to wiggle round again. It causes some real stress!! It was worth it to hear the baby though!! Just remember early on it might take some finding.

I've noticed a difference already between 12 & 14 weeks in finding the heartbeat. It was way fainter at 12 weeks and kept fading in and out. At 13+6, the heartbeat is clear and easy to find! It's also higher up now! I love having a little listen every evening :) helps me feel more excited in the mist of my morning sickness!

I had one with my son and loved it. It was just some no-name brand one I got off the internet but I used it multiple times a day, it was like he was chatting to me :) And really reassuring especially before you start feeling movements.
But yes, be aware there will be times you might not be able to find it. They have space to wriggle away from your belly when they're tiny.

I've tried a Sonoline B and an Angelsounds in my last pregnancy and found the sonoline much easier to find the heartbeat with in first trimester. We found the HB just before 10 weeks I'm plus size so was expecting to have to wait a little longer. I couldn't get it with the Angelsounds until 13 weeks.

I'm having trouble finding it this time, we've tried 3 times since I was 10 weeks. We think we got it the night before last with the sonoline b, but only had it for maybe 4/5 seconds before it disappeared and we just couldn't find it again after.

I ordered a sonoline b yesterday! Can't wait for it to get here. I'll be 11 weeks on Monday so hopefully I can find the heartbeat without too much difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->