fetal heart monitor

Skydust

Reaction score
Hi again,

I got one of these recently and tried it today; I could only hear gushing noises and the sound of my own heartbeat.. has anyone else got one and if so, are they any good? Maybe its to early or bean is moving about to much.. or well I don't want to think about the worst option? Any ideas thanks :shrug:

I am 16 weeks; I got the Angel sounds one?

Are you using any oil. Try quite low and keep in same portion for a while before moving it around. Sometimes I can keep mine in the same postion for 5 mins and in that time I can hear mine & baby come in and out again. They do take some use to getting use to. I started to use mine at 19.5 weeks and it took me a few days to pick it up. Now it works great. Hope all is ok and let us know how you get on. X

I got one of these this week and so far I've managed to hear the heartbeat each time I've used it. I found you need to go really low down, like nearly into pubic hair territory (sorry tmi) and also I had to move it just a tiny fraction at a time otherwise you could miss it.

Keep trying cos it feels amazing when you do hear it!

I also find it REALLY helps to have a full bladder. Like 1st thing in the morning, have to rush to the bathroom as soon as you listen to the heartbeat for 10 seconds kind of full. :blush: That's how I found it around 12 weeks right above my hair line (sorry tmi).
I found it yesterday with a less full bladder (still 1st thing in the morning) about 2 inches below my belly button.

use it low down! I found the heartbeat there every time.

I have that brand and 15 weeks was the earliest I found it. Do u know if your placenta is at the front? That might make it more difficult. My midwife can find bubs heartbeat just below my belly button but I've only found it down low as everyone else has said.

Someone gave us one of those this wk end, tried it but couldn't hear anything yet. Know bump is ok as it's moving around lots :)

Like the other ladies said, try very low down and use lots of gel. I first used mine at 16 weeks (sonoline b) and never had any trouble finding his heartbeat. Saying that the bigger he gets the harder it seems to be to find as my placenta is at the front and sorta gets in the way lol xx

Hi ya i have an angel sounds doppler and i found the heart beat t 13 weeks but u have to try REALLY down low.....Every time i use my now i pick it up :) It doesnt come straight away but if u try for 5-10 minutes im sure you will pick it up....GOOD LUCK and don't give up looking- i was determined to find mine and its amazing every time!! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->