Fetal MRI

AmandaSquire

Reaction score
Has anyone had to have one of these done?
My baby has a cyst on her brain so they are sending me to get on done. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this!?

Hi Amanda:

Just wanted to let you know I recently had a fetal MRI for the same reason. It was pretty straightforward. They strap some plastic receivers to your abdomen, roll you into the MRI and then take the pictures. It's pretty loud but they give you earphones and will play music. It was a scary experience but, luckily for me, the MRI was completely normal. Ultrasounds can be difficult to read and often do not give great pictures of the brain. It took the fetal MRI to get the clear pictures needed to give my doctors and myself the peace of mind that everything is fine and I hope that this is the case for you, as well. I will be thinking of you.

What kind of cyst do they think it is? From my understanding, they can be quite common.

Hi Amanda:

Just wanted to let you know I recently had a fetal MRI for the same reason. It was pretty straightforward. They strap some plastic receivers to your abdomen, roll you into the MRI and then take the pictures. It's pretty loud but they give you earphones and will play music. It was a scary experience but, luckily for me, the MRI was completely normal. Ultrasounds can be difficult to read and often do not give great pictures of the brain. It took the fetal MRI to get the clear pictures needed to give my doctors and myself the peace of mind that everything is fine and I hope that this is the case for you, as well. I will be thinking of you.

What kind of cyst do they think it is? From my understanding, they can be quite common.

In all honestly I'm not ever sure if they have an idea. It is towards the midline of the brain which is the reason we are doing the MRI. I went and did the genetic counseling where I was basically told they have no idea and the the MRI is more to rule out things ( such as where the two sides of the brain does not connect becuase that could be the issue) or not. But in the long run, we truly have no idea..If you don't mind me asking what was the cyst they thought your little one had?!

They thought he had a small arachnoid cyst in one of the lateral ventricles, which would have likely been benign, even if he had it. Turns out, he does not have one. However, from my research, it appears there are a lot of different cysts that can be present, and the type, size, and location determine the outcome. I hope that the MRI gives you some good information and some peace of mind.

They thought he had a small arachnoid cyst in one of the lateral ventricles, which would have likely been benign, even if he had it. Turns out, he does not have one. However, from my research, it appears there are a lot of different cysts that can be present, and the type, size, and location determine the outcome. I hope that the MRI gives you some good information and some peace of mind.

That's what they think she has, I get my results on the 4th. They said their biggest worry was the two sides not being connected, but even then she could be perfectly fine..I'm like y'all stress me out more then anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->