Fetal Positions... ques about spinning

K477uk

Mum of One!
Reaction score
After my consultant appointment I was told that my DS was not only back to back but had his chin flexed. I remember him being always on my right hand side and knew that this wasn't great I don't think I appreciated the effect this may have.

Now this LO is lying on my right side, which I am assuming means my muscles are prob tighter on the left hand side, so my babies will favour that.

I had a look at the baby spinning site (as that was the only site I could find to give me any useful info about this) and all the things they were saying about ROA positions seemed to fit my previous labour - long, only really making progress when up right - I spent about 10 hours going from 7-10cm as was lying down compared less time getting to 7cm standing and moving.

Anyway... I am very confused about the methods to potentially move baby to the more favourable left. Am I meant to start these now? or are they soley for labour?

Any advice? I don't particularly want to end in another section....

While fetal positioning is important is isnt the be all and end all in labour.

Yes start doing some of the exercised on SB now if you want...remember not to close your pelvis so no slouching or leaning back LOL

My first baby was back to back with flexed chin - I wish I had been told in time to perhaps do something like you I wasnt and it ended in EMCS but then again no one told me anything in labour either <facepalm>

So you can do some reading and find out some good techniques for giving baby room to move.

With DS2 on the other hand all good lovely position until I hit transition or afterwards and he went OP!! Cheeky git! But he turned again of his own accord - I was not an upright mobile labourer LOL I did not want to move at all!

Babies will move right up until they arrive, babies come out in all directions although we know whichis best it doesnt mean a poor position will have to end in CS...forewarned is forearmed!

Thanks Chuck.. I know that position isn't everything.. but it just seemed to make sense, and I would prefer to try something out that may work! I mean if it has to be another section... then at least I know what it feels like!!!

Thanks Whitbit - I will have a look into what may be useful!

If youre hoping to vbac checkout the link in my sig (its down the page in hts forum somewhere.

Lots of vbac stuff there

Thanks! Already been and done! Xx

I'm amazed at the wealth of knowledge you have!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->