• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Few questions about breast feeding / pumping

NC23

Reaction score
Hello I just had a few questions, figured I would put them all in one thread rather than a bunch!

1- I mostly pump with the occasional breastfeed session, my baby is only 2 weeks old right now. I make about 2-5 oz every time I pump. I don't really have a set pumping schedule but when I go back to work at 6 weeks I will need to be able to work full shifts without having to pump. Is it possible to go 8 hours a few nights a week without pumping or feeding?
(I am fully aware of my right to pump while at work but I work at a restaurant with no extra rooms and tiny bathroom stalls and I'd rather not go to my male managers and ask for time to pump)

2- When I do go back to work and school I would like to cut down to 50/50 breast milk bottles and formula bottles. I will not always be around and I need to know my baby will be able to eat just in case I don't have any milk saved up. I've fed him formula a few times since we've been home because he wasn't gaining enough weight from nursing alone in the beginning so I know he WILL eat formula. Anybody else do 50/50? is this okay to do?

3- Alcohol. I come from a family of drinkers. (not alcoholics, but people who like their drinks) my mom is always offering me a glass of wine or two...my dad and boyfriend drink a lot of beer and I'm always being offered something. I read online that having more than one drink a week can be very bad for baby? That just doesn't seem right to me. If I had a drink or two a few nights a week and waited a few hours before pumping would I be okay?

4- Right now baby eats about 2-3 oz per feeding at 2 weeks old. As he gets older how many oz is typical for a baby to eat? At say 3 weeks, 4 weeks and so on? And how many feedings?

I think that's all...Hope you guys can give me some insight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->