Fibroid detected at 12 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by scsk, Oct 5, 2013.

1. scsk

scsk Active Member

I went for my appointment and the nurse said I look 16-18 weeks at 12 weeks. She scheduled a scan for me and a fibroid was detected hanging on the top of the uterus. She said its big but seeing the location, it is no harm as of now and won't interfere with baby's growth. But they'll definitely keep a watch and see what they can do. I am really worried...anyone else with fibroid experience?

2. Wafflewaffle

Wafflewaffle Well-Known Member

Sorry, what is a fibroid? :/

3. BigLegEmma

BigLegEmma Well-Known Member

Yes, I have fibroids; I thought it would stop me getting pregnant, in fact, I think they did for many years. I switched up my environment, diet, lifestyle, and when I fell pregnant I told the doctors here and when they scanned me, they only found one (all the others have gone). They'll monitor it, as fibroids can grow during pregnancy, but it's not in the way, which is good. Sometimes, they can bleed during pregnancy, depending on where they are. They can also be cause for c-section, if they're large and blocking the cervix.

4. scsk

scsk Active Member

Thanks.. that is large but not blocking the cervix.. as per the doctor. I hope for the best

5. little moomin

little moomin Mama of One for now!

No, but they detected a medium cyst on my left ovary (weird cos i never get any aches or pains on that side) but they said they would remeasure it at 20 week scan, weird how creepy stuff can be going on in your body without any clues