Fibroid detected at 12 weeks

scsk

Reaction score
I went for my appointment and the nurse said I look 16-18 weeks at 12 weeks. She scheduled a scan for me and a fibroid was detected hanging on the top of the uterus. She said its big but seeing the location, it is no harm as of now and won't interfere with baby's growth. But they'll definitely keep a watch and see what they can do. I am really worried...anyone else with fibroid experience?

Yes, I have fibroids; I thought it would stop me getting pregnant, in fact, I think they did for many years. I switched up my environment, diet, lifestyle, and when I fell pregnant I told the doctors here and when they scanned me, they only found one (all the others have gone). They'll monitor it, as fibroids can grow during pregnancy, but it's not in the way, which is good. Sometimes, they can bleed during pregnancy, depending on where they are. They can also be cause for c-section, if they're large and blocking the cervix.

Thanks.. that is large but not blocking the cervix.. as per the doctor. I hope for the best

No, but they detected a medium cyst on my left ovary (weird cos i never get any aches or pains on that side) but they said they would remeasure it at 20 week scan, weird how creepy stuff can be going on in your body without any clues

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->