Fibromyalgia .......

Eoz

Mummy of 5! Eeek!
Reaction score
Sucks :sad2: I hate it.my whole life is such a struggle.I'm on new meds now but they make me woozy.Does anyone suffer with this nasty illness.Do you have tricks and tips ? Thank you x

Hi hun! I've got no tips as I'm just in the process of being diagnosed. It's pretty awful. I'm at the state I'm relieved in a way though-thought I was going mad! I made a thread in toddlers section the other day, seems theres a few of us! X

i think i have had it for over 10 yrs and my dr suspected it last year only got the firm diagnosis last week :(

i had a hysterectomy 2 yrs ago and it has definitely made it worse :wacko:

Its a hidden disease but there are a lot of people out there with it.

keep me posted on your diagnosis x

Hiya hun. So sorry to read that you are struggling at the moment. I was diagnosed with fibro about 7 or 8 years ago but I suspect I had it longer than that, I had to really fight for a diagnosis. It seems it is much more recognized now though.

I have up and down phases for sure. When I was pregnant I was so much better!!

I have been on amitriptyline (sp?) and another antidepressant that I can't remember the name of but they didn't do anything for me apart from side effects. The one thing I do take it something called Celedrin which you can get at health food shops. It really helps my stiffness. I take 3 in a morning. They aren't the cheapest but I think they are worth just making you feel 1% better. I have also come to discover that exercise helps me. Just gentle walking on the treadmill gets my joints moving and a lovely warm shower afterwards a few times a week.

Having a 2 year old to manage I do have many days where I find it difficult even to get out of bed from fatigue, even after a full sleep (which is rare these days). I am def a worse sleeper since having fibro, memory foam pillows sometimes help but mornings do take me along time to get going!

Hope any of the things I mentioned help you. Sorry I feel like I have rambled on a little!!

Cath xx

Hi, it does seem a bit more commonly diagnosed now, and hopefully it'll raise awareness. :)
Do you guys have jobs? Have you told bosses? I had to, due to the nature of my work and the millions of appointments I have at the moment. Do you get any help?
Morning stiffness is a killer- I dread getting up. :(

i am 21 and have had it since 10 but was just recently diagnosed!!its getting worse and worse.. lyrica is so expensive and no pain pills work.. im on anxiety and sleeping pills.. muscle relaxers and pain pills dont work!! its so hard for me to work!! im always in pain and all people can say is oh your so young you cant be in pain!!yea because you dont know what im going through!! its sooo frustrating so i know how you feel!! and during pregnancy i didnt feel the pain!! i just had lower back pain!

I was diagnosed last year. I am on strong painkillers n I use a capascium cream on my bk. I recently went bk to work after two weeks off for a flare up, I also have hypermobility (eds type 3), I learnt that my physio is more important than anything, it really really helps. In 6 days I'm goin bk down to my pre flare up pain relief n then every 3 weeks I'm reducing it ready to TTC.

All I can say is listen to ur body, if ur tired (which is the most difficult bit by far) then sleep, I nap for an hour after work n go to bed at 10/10:30 on my days off I lie in. Def ask to go to physio, they shud give u Pilates or yoga based exercises that help ur core and other important muscles, avoid yoga if ur hypermobile though

my mom has this took ages for diagnosis and she finds things quite difficult like she struggles picking up or holding my 18 month old daughter to much but it's hard as well because i have a 16 disabled sister who she has to look after, she can walk and talk things like that however she has to wear nappies most the time and she's small for her her age its still quite physically demanding (she's in about 11-12 years clothing so not small) she also is lazy and although she can do things for herself like getting dressed she pretends she can't and my mom has to do it, just keep mentioning things to your doctor as I know my mom was told it can take time to get the right medication sorted for you, plus get rest when you need uit try not to over do it x

I never found the right medication for me only ended up on pain relief which today I'm on my journey to reduce and hopefully stop by October. If tiredness is your main issue like it is for me then getting on top of that will deal with half of the issue, be aware that it takes time though, even if u don't feel any different it could be working but slowly, it took me 6 months to not feel like I could fall asleep at the wheel goin to work, sometimes it got very scary it was that bad. Fitness is essential, ov learnt that the times u feel that exercise is the last this u want to do is the time u need to do something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->