Fibromyalgia

joeybrooks

Ethan and Leo's mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies. OH and I have a three year old son and have recently decided to start TTC number two.

I had a very bad labour and recovery with my son, which is why it has taken us longer than expected to consider a second. It was this very traumatic labour that I attribute to my fibromyalgia, as I developed the pain shortly after and was diagnosed a while later.

I was prescribed Amitryptiline for the pain, initially 10mg then 25mg, but I had to stop taking it as I was struggling to function on it. I have good days and bad days, it probably doesnt help that I'm going through a terrible time with the pain at the minute, probably because of the change in the weather.

Anyway, enough about me, I was just wondering if there is anyone else on here TTC with Fibromyalgia or even anyone that has been pregnant with it. I do worry that if I were to get pregnant that it would be a struggle with the pain. Also, with the fatigue and the pain, it doesnt exactly make ideal conditions for lots of BD to actually conceive number 2.

I was diagnosed with Fybro in 2004/2005 after I had my car accident. We are currently on month 22 TTC our first.

I tried Amitryptiline when I was first diagnosed because I was having a hard time sleeping... I was a ZOMBIE on it! I had to stop, I couldn't function.

I have always wondered if being pregnant/labour would be worse because of it.

I know I have good and bad days with the pain and I am ALWAYS tired even on my thyroid meds. I think I am going to ask my doctors if she can up my meds next time I see her and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for getting back to me. I think sometimes the hardest bit is not being able to be as active for my son as I would like to be. Sometimes I feel myself just struggling through the pain to play with him, which is something every health professional tells you not to.

Are you currently taking any meds for it? I'm not. I haven't found anything that works for me.

I just take it day by day. The days I have pain are horrible. I dont want to do anything, all I wanna do is lay in bed and sleep. I wish there was a cure for it

HI ladies I have joint problems and fibro it's not all bad news ! I'm on amitriptyline 50mg for the pain and migraines but I'm currently coming off them as I am 25 weeks pregnant. My doctor commented yesterday I'm getting healthier in pregnancy and I should try it more often. The good news is you are already used to dealing with fatigue I found mine improved in pregnancy, my migraines and nerve pain decreased ! Only my joints have being effected. I expected the worse and I'm doing ok now. I may end up on crutches or wheelchair towards the end but so do "normal healthy people". All I can recommended is getting yourself as healthy as possible while TTC move as much as you can, use your strategies for managing pain and fatigue. I highly recommend physio I spend 3 weeks in a rehab facility and it changed my life. I got off crutches and I was taught to manage my conditions. The best piece of advice I ever got was your pain is YOUR pain don't compare to anyone else and don't let people brush it off because they can't feel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->