Fighting excess weight gain support

I started off at 170 lbs (5'2"). At my 20 week appt I was 172lbs. I am now 21 weeks. I was very worried about my weight gain, because family and friends told me I would gain alot. I also was a runner before I got pregnant. I did 5Ks and 10Ks. I continue walking and staying active at least 3 days a week. I also still eat like I normally do. I have not had any food cravings. I am now 21 weeks. So I'm over my half way mark. Dr. told me I should only gain 15lbs because I started overweight. :wacko:

I started off at 170 lbs (5'2"). At my 20 week appt I was 172lbs. I am now 21 weeks. I was very worried about my weight gain, because family and friends told me I would gain alot. I also was a runner before I got pregnant. I did 5Ks and 10Ks. I continue walking and staying active at least 3 days a week. I also still eat like I normally do. I have not had any food cravings. I am now 21 weeks. So I'm over my half way mark. Dr. told me I should only gain 15lbs because I started overweight. :wacko:

Same here only gain 15, I am up 10. I gained 25 with my son though!

I have at 28 weeks gained almost 8lbs, I dont know whether that is good or not, to me I only gained 11lbs throughout my whole last pregnancy but I was heavier before my last pregnancy. At the begining of my last pregnant I was 10stone2 and was 11stone by the end of my pregnancy. This time I weighed 8st13lbs before pregnancy and I am now currently sitting at 9st8lbs. I think I could gain a little less if I hadnt been eating so much rubbish and going for more walks like I did last time xx

I seriously need help with this weight gain! I wasnt gaining so much during the first 20 weeks, maybe 2 or 3 lbs if I remember correctly, but recently my weight has skyrocketed even though I am not eating. The last time I went to the doctor was 5/5 and at that time I didnt gain any weight compared to my previous visit, I think I even lost a little bit of weight. I am coming back to see him this monday after 2 weeks and have already put on over 2 lbs. I am soo worried because I have 12 weeks to go and dont want to put on any more weight. My doctor will most likely give me a lecture this upcoming monday if he sees the weight gain.

He only wants me to gain 3 lbs a month. I cant walk for long because I get pressure and cramping...I'm so stressed dont know what to do! With my first son I only gained 7 lbs at 32 weeks.

Maybe it's a growth spurt? Calorie counting is working for me even though it really sucks to feel so much more hungry than the calories I need. I'm still eating a little over 2000 calories, but the counting helps me keep it under 2500 with 30-60 minutes a day of light (walking) to moderate (hiking or gym work-out) exercise.

I have been staying at about 2200 calories a day and use my lose it app to make sure I am keeping track. I find that although I am gaining weight it is steady and not crazy by doing this.

I have been walking and will add swimming sooon too, every other day.:thumbup:

I'm terrified of gaining a lot of weight this time!! I had a normal weight gain with my first baby, but with my second I gained about 60lbs.. Most of which never disappeared! Then with my third I only gained about 25lbs but was still significantly overweight, and then a year after he was born I reached the obese category which was the wake-up call I needed.

12 months later I'd lost 75lbs and reached my lowest ever adult weight of 145 (I'm 6ft tall). Unfortunately a few pounds crept back on over the next few months, and my official starting weight before getting pregnant with this one was 157lbs. I don't want to see 200 again EVER, so I'm aiming to only gain around 30lbs if I can. And I'm determined to get my size 8 jeans on again after this baby's born!! :)

I'm 6th tall and I couldn't imagine ever even weighing 180 and not looking unhealthy, but that's just me!

On another note I am overweight and my doctor would prefer me not to gain any weight at all. I'm currently up 2 pounds and it's getting me stressed out. I don't really want to worry myself over 2 pounds at 18 weeks pregnant, and it almost seems unfair that my doctor has given me some sort of guideline like that.

I've managed to keep my weight gain down by the fact that I walk my dog three to four times a day. As for eating... I eat whatever I want haha!

Problem is I dont think I am eating a lot. I eat 2 meals a day and snacking on the side such as avocados and fruit smoothies that my husband makes for me. The past couple of days I have been so tired so when I put my son down for bed I end up sleeping too and skipping dinner hence the 2 meals. I just dont know why I am gaining so much weight for no reason. It might be a growth spurt I dont know, but I remember when I was pregnant with my son I probably gained less than 5 lbs at 28 weeks, now I am already gaining 10 lbs.

I am so stressed and worried. I am already overweight/obese to begin I dont want any extra weight after I deliver my son. Last time after I delivered, I was 16 lbs under my pre pregnancy weight after a month. Dont think that will happen again.

I'm terrified of gaining a lot of weight this time!! I had a normal weight gain with my first baby, but with my second I gained about 60lbs.. Most of which never disappeared! Then with my third I only gained about 25lbs but was still significantly overweight, and then a year after he was born I reached the obese category which was the wake-up call I needed.

12 months later I'd lost 75lbs and reached my lowest ever adult weight of 145 (I'm 6ft tall). Unfortunately a few pounds crept back on over the next few months, and my official starting weight before getting pregnant with this one was 157lbs. I don't want to see 200 again EVER, so I'm aiming to only gain around 30lbs if I can. And I'm determined to get my size 8 jeans on again after this baby's born!! :)

I'm 6th tall and I couldn't imagine ever even weighing 180 and not looking unhealthy, but that's just me!

On another note I am overweight and my doctor would prefer me not to gain any weight at all. I'm currently up 2 pounds and it's getting me stressed out. I don't really want to worry myself over 2 pounds at 18 weeks pregnant, and it almost seems unfair that my doctor has given me some sort of guideline like that.

I've managed to keep my weight gain down by the fact that I walk my dog three to four times a day. As for eating... I eat whatever I want haha!

That is terrible, it is supposed to be 15 pounds if you are overweight you can safely gain.

Problem is I dont think I am eating a lot. I eat 2 meals a day and snacking on the side such as avocados and fruit smoothies that my husband makes for me. The past couple of days I have been so tired so when I put my son down for bed I end up sleeping too and skipping dinner hence the 2 meals. I just dont know why I am gaining so much weight for no reason. It might be a growth spurt I dont know, but I remember when I was pregnant with my son I probably gained less than 5 lbs at 28 weeks, now I am already gaining 10 lbs.

I am so stressed and worried. I am already overweight/obese to begin I dont want any extra weight after I deliver my son. Last time after I delivered, I was 16 lbs under my pre pregnancy weight after a month. Dont think that will happen again.

I would not worry to much, I lost all the weight within 4 months of delivery and was unable exercise as 6 weeks after delivery had ankle surgery....it will come off. Just take care of you and baby!

I am only allowed to gain 15 lbs given my weight but I have already packed on 11 lbs. Just weighed myself and it looks like I gained weight overnight. I just have to do something about this. Maybe I should be cutting out on food some more.

I noticed my weight can fluctuate wildly due to water retention. Calorie counting is definitely helping me from overeating even if it sucks to feel hungry.

At any rate, a change of several pounds overnight is change in water retention or constipation. I use weekly weigh ins to track longer term trends of weight gain.

A week (well 4 days) of calorie counting sucked, but it kept my weight gain down to 1 pound. I'd love to get it down to half a pound a week. I just not sure how much grumpy me my co-workers can put up with.

Eating between 2200 and 2400 calories a day depending on exercise level. I'm hungry, but I'm not losing weight so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Stressing here about weight too.

Some years back i got really overweight due to some medication. A big part of my weight would go onto my stomach (crap abdominal muscles) and I cruelly looked pregnant without being so.

I then dieted and then some more, and due to some other health problems ended up underweight for a few years, and then crept up to a healthy weight.

THEN I did fertility treatment, and become a bit overweight (not too much, maybe 5 kilos (11 pounds) too much.

Then I got pregnant, with twins. I didn't put much on in 1st trimester, my appetite was crap, and food aversions mean that I still just eat what I fancy. Now at 17 weeks tomorrow I've put on 5 kilos since pregnancy (11 pounds again). I'm all bump and look super pregnant (due to the fact there are two babies plus I bloat and always bulge at the stomach when any excess comes along). I had a massive hormonal cry with DH as I sorted out my wardrobe about weight gain and clothes. Put away those clothes I won't be able to wear in the summer and winter clothes and feel a bit better.

To add to the problem I have a very poorly hip that shouldn't have too much extra weight on it. I also feel guilty if I think I'm not eating enough or the right type of food for my babies. Its so hard :dohh:

At my last dr appt 4 weeks ago I had already gained 14lbs. She didn't say anything about it then, but... I know I've gained even more because my clothes are getting tight :( I've tried not stressing, but I have no self control, have stopped exercising and it does not help that we have had tons of cake and ice cream in the house the last 3 weeks because of 2 birthdays in out house! Ugh!!

I'm watching my weight too. I started this pregnancy at 160 which is overweight for my height, so I should only gain about 15 pounds. I gained 60 pounds during my last pregnancy and am determined not to do that again.

I had awful morning sickness until 14 weeks, and I've been sticking to healthy eating since then. I haven't gained anything yet and it's nice to still be in my regular clothes. I had gained 20 pounds by this time in my last pregnancy. It has become more difficult to stay on track lately because my appetite is increasing. I'm always hungry!

I've already gained 9 lbs at 10 weeks :(

I quit smoking and quit dieting and stopped taking thermogenics (diet aids) so I know some of it's rebound weight, but I really hope I don't rebound much further.

After a hiking trip where I carried 34 lbs over 6 days and covered over 42 miles....

Gained another 2 pounds. Guess my body is going to do what it is going to do.

Woot! No weight gain this week. I'm creeping back to within the max weight gain range for my starting weight. Hopefully I won't have a 2 pound bump next week as compensation.

Didn't make it to the gym this week, but I walk my dog for an hour a day most days (nearly 3 miles). Found a great low fat tres leche recipe (well a combination of recipes in the end).

Ladies mind if I join you?

I started my first pregnancy slightly overweight (lifelong battle), but was still in the 25-35 lb gain recommendations. Well, I gained about 50. :blush:

I started this pregnancy in the obese category according to BMI, so am only supposed to gain 15 lbs. Well, I lost 18 lbs in the first Tri due to morning sickness and cutting out junk food. So far, I've only gained about 1 lb of that back.

Hoping to keep it within 15 lbs of what I currently weigh (instead of starting weight). I've been using MyFitnessPal to log my food and keep track of my calories. Now that my appetite is back, though, it's very difficult not to want to munch all day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->