• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Films to avoid!

I'm going to get slated for this but I personally can't watch Lord of the Rings..Or the Matrix. Both of them I've tried to watch several times and not once have I got more than 15 minutes in without falling asleep or getting bored and turning it off, and they're films most of my friends have on their top films list :dohh:

I'm with you with lord of the rings. My husband loves it!! It just makes me fall asleep!!

Jack and Jill was a poor effort. We've watched so many lately that were crap but I can't remember any names :lol:

If you can't watch Matrix then I recommend AniMatrix... its basicly 4 mini films into one.. only an hour long.. but it explains everything the films don't LOL so it helped me!

It very artsy too! which is why I like it x

See I liked the Matrix. Wasn't fussed at the sequels mind you.

With you on LOTR. I feel asleep in the Cinemas watching the 1st. Don't mind the big battle scene in the 3rd film but it's too long a film to watch just for that.

Pirates of The Caribbean 4 (On Stranger Tides?). Was very disappointed with this one as I quite liked the others.

It's been ages since I've watched an actual film that I've really enjoyed.

I can't think of the last film I watched I enjoyed, but I don't really get the chance to watch them. I plan on seeing Twilight BDP2 but I was really disappointed with P1..It's the only one of the films I've only watched twice (the first time I watched it and again with my sister as it was her first time watching it) the others I think I know word for word :dohh: So I'm not sure what to expect with P2.

The films I've heard from a lot of other people are a waste of time watching though are things like..The devil inside, for saying they advertised it as being so scary I've not heard one person say it was even decent :haha:, Piranha 3DD - the name just said everything for me and I never bothered to watch but everyone I know who did said it was precious time they'd never get back lol, and the new Silent Hill is apparently rubbish but that is one I do want to see. I grew up playing the games, and loved the first movie so even if everyone tells me its total rubbish I still want to watch the sequel :haha:

I've found that recently ANYTHING with Adam Sandler in makes me want to put my foot through the TV. He always casts himself to play the cool guy, with so called "witty remarks" and supporting actors cracking bad, predictable jokes. "Grown Ups" was TERRIBLE, just didn't find it funny in the slightest.

If you fancy watching a film that's so bad it's funny, just Have a look at 'The Room' by Tommy Wisseau:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

The terrible bit is he fancies himself as a real life film director, this film was made to be a drama :S

There were a few Adam Sandler movies for a while that I really liked... Spanglish, Reign Over Me, Click, and I think one or two more. I like him in less goofy roles.

We just watched The Watch and it was awful. I gave it a shot because it had Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill, though they're both kind of hit or miss. This one was a definite miss!!

Actually, I take back everything I said about Adam sandler, click was good, little nicky and 50 first dates :) just his more recent films seem to be a bit of an anti climax x

At the moment im hating star wars but only because lo is obsessed with it and iv seen the first 3 every weekend for the last 4 months

Completely avoid a Danny Dyer film called 'Malice In Wonderland' it's trying to be a clever, modern interpretation of Alice In Wonderland and it is woeful, actually painful :wacko: My friend now calls him Danny Dire :haha:

Skyline, cloverfeild and burn notice are 3 of the worst films ive ever seen i just didnt understand them!! maybe its just me being stupid but i just thought 'what the hell was that all about?' after watching them!!

Lol, what are the worse filmsou have seen recently?

On Halloween we decided to rent something from the playstation store, we lit pumpkins and wanted something scary, but i am terrified of things too supernatural like paranormal activity etc. so eveually saw one called mist, it was by Steven king so high must be ok ... Oh my goodness, what a load of pant, will never get those hours of my life back, what a waste!

Anyway, worse films you have seen recently?

I liked that film when i watched it ages ago

The hangover, what a pile of absolute crap but so many people think its the funniest thing ever!

I thought it was funny :)

Oh gosh mist is dreadful!

I was really looking forward to The Book Of Eli cause i love Gary Oldman, and it was so boring i turned it off in 10 minutes.

We saw book of eli at cinema and i thought it was rubbish but oh liked it

Oh man.. I'm pretty much a movie buff cause I've studied it lol.. so I have so many I hate...

Twilight, Hunger Games, Tropic Thunder, The Happening, Unborn, Alice in WonderLand (tim burton), species 3 + 4, Alien 3 + 4, Terminator 3 + Salvation, AvP 1 + 2, Predator 2, The Eye (US remake), Jason X, Nightmare on Elm street (remake), Omen (remake)

so many in my head I can't think of them all! LOL

Edit: thought of more!

Ghost Rider, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Fantastic 4, White Noise 2, Brave (was disappointing for Pixar)

There are some good ones in there lol

Skyline, cloverfeild and burn notice are 3 of the worst films ive ever seen i just didnt understand them!! maybe its just me being stupid but i just thought 'what the hell was that all about?' after watching them!!

Yeah I just have no idea whya burn notice is about :wacko: weird film

I just couldn't get into the Matrix film or understand it which is a shame as I really wanted to!

Hunger games was a bitter disappointment. I hated the first four twilight films with a passion although I agree the last one was actually OK (not great, but OK)

See I quite liked Cabin in the Woods but I can see how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea! Must say it was a confusing movie at times though.

We watched Insidious the other weekend - it was awful! Started off great but took a completely different turn and ended up just terrible and horribly boring :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->