Films

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
OK, so here I am with a week off work and meant to be taking it easy. Obviously I can spend hours and hours on here all day but in between that I was thinking of taking the opportunity to watch as many films that OH grumbles about watching as possible (since he won't be here most of the time!).

I'm thinking chick flicks and tear jerkers. Spent this afternoon watching It's a Wonderful Life...ahhhh...sob. Feel slightly nauseous as a result but great :D

So, the question is.... what else should I watch this week? Recommend me some good Girls Night In type films.

H

xx

ultimate tear jerker....the notebook.....be prepared with seriously good quality ice cream, hankies, more hankies and hhhmmmm yes some eye mask type things from all the crying you will do....

Paul is going to love me, I have raided our DVDs and have some ideas......if you want any more, give us a shout...................

Right first off Romantic comedies

The Family Man (Nicolas cage) A great feel good film, funny & romantic!

High powered Wall Street investment banker, Jack Campbell is at the top of his profession, and he has the luxurious lifestyle to prove it. Life is just about perfect; that is until one snowy Christmas Eve night when Jack unwittingly stumbles into the middle of a grocery store hold-up and in a bold display of self-preservation disarms the gunman. The next morning is Christmas but instead of camly waking up in his beautiful penthouse apartment, Jack wakes up because a couple of kids are bouncing on his bed. He is in suburban New Jersey, lying next to his college sweetheart,
Kate Reynolds, who he left 13 years ago in order to pursue his high-finance career. A confused and horrified Jack runs out of the bedroom and speeds back to Manhattan. A disconcerting visit to his apartment and office building confirm the worst - his former life no longer exists...

Just married (Ashton Kutcher, Brttany Murphy)

Ashton Kutcher (Dude Where's My Car) and Brittany Murphy (8 Mile) take the cake in this outrageous hit comedy!

Sarah is a happy-go-lucky rich girl whose meddling family is as snobbish as it is wealthy. Tom is a hope-I-get-lucky party guy who prefers sports bars over fancy cars.

But opposites attract sidesplitting fun when these two young newlyweds embark on their perfectly-planned honeymoon with disastrous - and hilarious results!

Laws of Attraction (Pierce Brosnan, Julianne Moore)

A romantic comedy in which two jaded New York divorce lawyers (Brosnan, Moore) are often competing against each other in court actions. After romance blossoms between them, they decide to get married. However, once wed, will they be able to avoid the same difficulties at home that provide them with business at work?

Bringing Down The house (Steve martin, Queen Latifah)

Bringing Down the House tells the story of Peter Sanderson (Martin), an uptight, divorced tax attorney still hung up on his estranged wife. Workaholic Peter, who has no social life and poor relationships with his children, finds solace in a cyber love affair with a 'buxom blonde lawyer'. On their first meeting, however, things don't quite turn out as he would have hoped. Lo and behold, the buxom blonde turns out to be the ghetto fabulous, Charlene (Queen Latifah), a prison escapee who arrives on his doorstep with a plea to help clear her name.

Charlene quickly takes over Peter's life, jeopardising his career and hampering his efforts to woo a billion-dollar client. But is Charlene really all bad? Of course not, she's just a misguided angel in disguise and soon she is showing Peter the error of his ways and helping his family come back together. Before long, we see the straight-laced Peter dressed up as an Ali G-styled homeboy and Joan Plowright, who plays an ultra conservative and racist heiress, get stoned for the very first time.

Maid in Manhatten (Jennifer Lopez)

Marisa Ventura is a hard-working, intelligent and determined single mother who dreams of a better life for herself and her son, Ty.

As a housekeeper at Manhattan's first-class Beresford Hotel, Marisa has made a good life for herself and her ten-year-old son, even if they don't have a lot of money.

One Saturday morning Marisa brings Ty to the Beresford. She asks a co-worker to keep an eye on him for her while she and another maid, Stephanie, attend to their chores. One of the hotel guests, a spoiled socialite, Caroline Lane, asks Marisa to return some designer clothes for her. After Caroline leaves, Stephanie coaxes Marisa into trying them on before taking them back to the store. In an uncharacteristically frivolous moment, Marisa slips into the chic, expensive outfits. Ty appears at the door with the handsome Christopher Marshall, an aspiring U.S. Senator and one of Manhattan's most eligible bachelors. Ty has come to ask Marisa's permission to walk through Central Park with Christopher and his dog Rufus.

Christopher is immediately attracted to Marisa. Assuming she is a hotel guest, he asks her to join them. She is about to refuse, but Stephanie intervenes and accepts for her. Despite the obvious sparks between them, Marisa is reluctant to encourage Christopher, fearing she'll lose all that she's worked so hard to build. But he pursues her, even though it could compromise his political career. As romance, mistaken identity and front-page gossip collide, Marisa and Christopher learn that the bigger your dreams, the better the chance they might come true.

Romantic

Message in a bottle (Kevin Costner, Paul Newman)

The story of one woman's search for the man who placed a passionate love letter in a bottle and sent it out to sea. Finally tracking him down she begins a love affair with him. Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks.

In Love and War (Sandra Bullock, Chriss O'Donnell)

Pilot Jim Stockdale vows never to tell what he knows despite repeated torture by his captors. Meanwhile his wife, despite hearing no news of her husband, struggles to keep things together.

The Bodyguard (Whitney Houston, Kevein Costner)
A bodyguard is assigned the task of looking after a beautiful pop star. After a hostile start the inevitable happens and they fall in love...

Coyote Ugly (John Goodman)

When Violet leaves home to persue a career in music things don't go exactly to plan, she suffers from stage fright and this hinders her singing ability. She then ends up working in a bar called Coyote Ugly...

When a man Loves a woman (Meg Ryan, Andy Garcia)

A happily married couple, Alice and Michael, and their two daughters battle to help Alice overcome her addiction to alcohol.

28 days (Sandra Bullock, Diane Ladd)

Gwen Cummings (Sandra Bullock), is a successful New York writer who’s everyone’s favourite party girl.

Life to Gwen and her boyfriend Jasper (Dominic West) is just a fun filled exercise in debauchery; stumbling from bar to night club to hangover, until Gwen’s alcohol fuelled display at her sister Lily’s (Elizabeth Perkins) wedding results in a drunk driving charge and a court order to spend 28 days in rehab.

Determined she does not belong. Gwen refuses to conform to the unique set of rules and rituals she is faced with. It’s only through the relationships she forms with the other patients and her counsillor, Cornell (Steve Buscemi) that she begins to realise that there may be more to life than being the life and soul of the party.

TEAR JERKERS

Beaches (bette Midler, Barbara Hershey)

A chance meeting of two young girls from totally different backgrounds becomes a friendship that lasts a lifetime. As they lead their own separate lives, they soon realise, and later rely on the strength that their friendship provides.

John Q (Denzel Washington)

John Q. is an ordinary man who works at a factory and takes care of his family. His wife Denise and young son Michael are his world. But when Michael falls seriously ill and needs an emergency heart transplant operation that John Q. can't afford and his health insurance won't cover, he vows to do whatever it will take to keep his son alive. With time and options running out, a desperate gamble is his only hope - he takes the emergency room hostage....

Then Golden Oldies.......

Dirty Dancing
Pretty Woman
Bridget Jones' Diary

That should keep ya busy :wink:

Aw Beaches. yeah! I love that film. Haven't seen it in years.

The film I cry most at... Truly Madly Deeply.... sniff :cry:

Just like heaven

Bridget jones diary

What women want

Erm if you like comedy things then :

40yr old virgin
Bruce almighty

beatlesbaby66 said:
ultimate tear jerker....the notebook.....be prepared with seriously good quality ice cream, hankies, more hankies and hhhmmmm yes some eye mask type things from all the crying you will do....

I love this film!!

What about Grease and definately Dirty Dancing, Wedding Singer and 50 first Dates?

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->