Final baby blues. :(

kmac87

Waiting for our lil girl
Reaction score
Whilst I am ecstatic and over the moon about this pregnancy, I can't help but feel sad. Dh and I had planned this baby to be our last. I have a 7 y.o. ds and he has a 5 y.o. ds whom we have custody of and I have raised since he was 16 months..he thinks I'm his biological mom, so he's practicality mine. Together, we have a 2 y.o. ds, so this baby will give us 2 together and a total of 4. I've always wanted 4 kids so we have made this one our last. It saddens me to think about that. Although I have some health issues that make my pregnancies painful, the thought of knowing I will never again get excited about seeing 2 lines on a stick, never hearing a first heart beat again, never feeling those first flutters again, never feeling birth again. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want any more kids..at least I feel I'm done, but just the thought of knowing this is the end makes me feel sad. Which also leads me to bc dilemma after this one. I'm not quite sure what I want to do yet. Dh doesn't want a vasectomy, and I don't want to use condoms or bcp til menopause. I also have had the Mirena twice and refuse to get it again so I'm considering getting my tubes tied but dh doesn't want me to do that and he definitely doesn't want any more babies. Ughhhh, I'm so confused. Is anyone else on their final pregnancy and know it? How are you coping with the reality of this being end? What are your post delivery bc plans?

I'm on my last and 4th also. I feel soooo incredibly blessed to have one more opportunity. I honestly thought I would never get this one last chance. That's why I'm so terrified of losing this baby because it's my last pregnancy. Enjoy each moment! What a gift it is! Are you absolutely sure you are done? The reason I ask is because I've heard women say you know when you're done. I wondered if I would feel that way...but I really do. I'm 100% sure this is my last, and I feel completely at peace with that decision. :)

Yes I'm sure. I just cannot help bit feel sad. I guess it's like starting a new chapter in my life. Like finishing college. Feeling older. I've definitely got that 'I'm done' feeling especially since we have all boys, and most definitely if this one is a boy. Haha. But sometimes I wonder, well what if I'm like those women that once their kids are teenager decides that they miss having a baby in the house. I can't afford anymore and I definitely feel complete. With my last ds I felt like we were missing a family member. If this one is a girl I will probably feel 100% better. I guess that's part of the sadness too...like what if I never get to birth a daughter. Too bad I'll have 7 months to find out as we're staying team yellow. Idk pregnancy hormones getting the best of me, I guess. Haha.

Yes I'm sure. I just cannot help bit feel sad. I guess it's like starting a new chapter in my life. Like finishing college. Feeling older. I've definitely got that 'I'm done' feeling especially since we have all boys, and most definitely if this one is a boy. Haha. But sometimes I wonder, well what if I'm like those women that once their kids are teenager decides that they miss having a baby in the house. I can't afford anymore and I definitely feel complete. With my last ds I felt like we were missing a family member. If this one is a girl I will probably feel 100% better. I guess that's part of the sadness too...like what if I never get to birth a daughter. Too bad I'll have 7 months to find out as we're staying team yellow. Idk pregnancy hormones getting the best of me, I guess. Haha.

Totally understandable!! I admire you for staying team yellow!! :thumbup:

Totally understandable!! I admire you for staying team yellow!! :thumbup:

Thanks! I was kind of an easy decision as it's what we both wanted and is our last. It'll be a nice surpise to finish our family.

I'm on my last. I'm probably going to get my tubes tied. However, I'm not really positive on that one just yet.

You should check out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and go from there!

I'm on my last. I'm probably going to get my tubes tied. However, I'm not really positive on that one just yet.

You should check out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and go from there!

Thanks! I'll definately have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"