FINALLY 3rd tri... introducing myself!!!!

Al1317

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm officially in 3rd trimester!!! And I couldn't be happier! Just thought I'd stop and introduce myself a little bit:)
This is my third pregnancy and my last! Hubby and I have been together for 7 years. Im a hairstylist and ofcourse a mommy to a gorgeous 4 1/2 year old little princess and a 2 year old busy boy!

This pregnancy has deffiantly been long and stressful... very different from the other two... I started bleeding on Christmas day at 5 weeks 2 days, I thought I was misscarrying, the bleeding stopped the next day... i had to wait over a week before we found out baby was OK! Had a couple more bleeds in 1st tri. Everything was good until about 20 weeks and I started having period cramps all through out the day, and some contractions... I didn't really think about it, but at my 23week appointment u told my doctor and she sent me to be monitored, which showed for sure contractions... I didn't know that period cramping can be a sign of preterm labor, so she then told me ill be on light activity and pelvic rest... and my appointments are every two weeks since then.... at me 25 week appointment she did the ffn test came back negative! She said well do the test every appointment as long as the cramping and contractions are still happening...
I'm still having them everyday and the cramping is a lot stronger the last week...
Oops didn't realize this was so long! But I'm really excited for this little guy to be here but when he's full term! My first showed up at 38+3 and my second 37+6... hoping this guy follows a similar pattern!

Hope everyone has a great day! Looking forward to this last time in 3rd with all of u lovely ladies!
-al

Hi Al!

I've just come over today too-cant quite believe it already!

It's sounds like you've had a rough time, but hopefully it's smoothing out and plain sailing from he on in. This is our first, and I kick myself every time I say this for tempting fate, but I've had it really pretty easy compared to some people-apart from tiredness every so often and heartburn, I've not had too much in the way of 'symptoms' just a MASSIVE bump! Was at my future SILs hen night last night and a few people said to me they can't believe I was up dancing so much, so close to having a baby. I was like-nope, 3 months yet!

I was getting really excited sneaking over here and reading the posts from the ladies who have their due dates together and then their babies arriving one by one-let's get some more of us Aug 25th(ish) girls together to see it through!

Xxx

:hi: again girls! I'm due Aug 22nd...getting very excited and very nervous. I've got my 28wk scan tomorrow so can't wait to see what peanut's up to in there! x

Hi! I've been floating between 2nd and 3rd tried forums for a couple weeks now but I'm officially here to stay! Due August 23 with our first :)

I've been hovering too. Missteep, that's my birthday woohoo!

I'm technically due 30th Aug, but I'll be induced at 38 weeks as I'm diabetic

Hey ladies! I tried to keep up with the other Aug. Thread, but having a hard time since I don't get much time to actually read through everything, muchless get a good reply in! Two kids keeping me busy all the time! There daddy tool them to the store so I have a minute!!!!
Vegas- I'm glad uve had a good pregnancy!!! I'd love to see a bump photo! Ill post mine next time I get a chance!

J22- good luck with your scan! I wont get anymore unless doctor finds a reason too...

Foxy- that's awesome that you won't have to go to 40 weeks;) if baby doesn't come before 39 weeks ill be induced then! Which Ive never been but with my first she was sitting on my siatic never in my right leg and it started going numb and at time very very painful! To this day its still messed up, and the doctor has never wanted me to go past 39 weeks! Which I totally don't mind!
Will any of you ladies be doing raspberry leaf tea, and epo? I did the tea with my first and just EPO with my second, they both seemed very effective ! Ill put them together this time!!!!

I've got my mum to stock up on RLT for me (capsules) which she'll be bringing over at the weekend when they come to visit. I've no idea about IPO (even.primrose oil?)....not heard anything about it so may need to look into it. I'm going to mention the RLT tomorrow to my mw....I'm a little worried because being in rural Spain I'm not too sure how "up-to-date" they are with these things but fingers crossed they'll know about it. The other day in the baby store in town when I asked if they supply cloth nappies they looked at me like I'd just dropped in from the 1970s!! :haha: xx

hi ladies

I just answered and said my bit in the other hello thread - but thought I'd sAY hi here too.

About me - 5 children, Aged 13, 11, 6, 4 and 2. Expecting another lil guy on 22nd August, hospital delivery.

Feeling crampy and BHing for days on end.. v uncomfortable right now - but really happy and excited!

H&H third tri to you ladies!

xxx

Vegas- I'm glad uve had a good pregnancy!!! I'd love to see a bump photo! Ill post mine next time I get a chance!

J22- good luck with your scan! I wont get anymore unless doctor finds a reason too...

Will any of you ladies be doing raspberry leaf tea, and epo? I did the tea with my first and just EPO with my second, they both seemed very effective ! Ill put them together this time!!!!

I will get an updated pic in the next few days :) Looking forward to seeing yours too!

I'm not sue about RLT and EPO-need to do a bit more reading! Are they meant to bring labour on a little or just make it easier? I don't want to encourage anything early as will be in Ibiza from 32-34 weeks and some of the threads here have been freaking me out slightly with their early labours!

Its not suppose to put you into labor, just help the laboring process be a little easier... and the evening promise oil is suppose to help soften your cervix I do believe... I wont do that till 36 weeks though! I certainly do not want to have a Preemie and have been trying to avoid that!

Momofplenty- hello!!! Hope you're doing well!
When you had your third baby how crazy was it at your house??? I'm starting to get a tad bit nervous for when we bring this little guy home! Also I breastfed my first for 10 weeks, then my milk dried up... my second for 5 1/2 months and had a tough time leaving him with anyone as he boycotted the bottle! It was terrible! This time I plane to nurse a couple months because I know its going to be tough sitting down to feed with my 2 yr old tornado running around... were u able to nurse at all? This is the part I'm most nervous about when he gets here...

Momofplenty- hello!!! Hope you're doing well!
When you had your third baby how crazy was it at your house??? I'm starting to get a tad bit nervous for when we bring this little guy home! Also I breastfed my first for 10 weeks, then my milk dried up... my second for 5 1/2 months and had a tough time leaving him with anyone as he boycotted the bottle! It was terrible! This time I plane to nurse a couple months because I know its going to be tough sitting down to feed with my 2 yr old tornado running around... were u able to nurse at all? This is the part I'm most nervous about when he gets here...

It was crazy mental... Horrific! :lol: I jest.. It wasn't that bad.. To be honest it was just a slight change in routines is all.. a shift perhaps, not too bad to adjust to. although my two were 4 And 6 when I had my third.. So might be different with a toddler. Saying that, when we had our fourth, our third was 3, so.. yeah, another shift, but not too difficult a transition providing your support network is in place.

I've never managed to breastfeed for more than 2 days.. With so many it's always been a case of 'but I need to see to the other children too' or 'the babys unhappy' so the time just hasn't been there and I've been easily persuaded to go over to FF. However, if you've done it before I don't see why it should be a problem at all! I'm going to do it properly this time, I have told everyone too - I am determined to BF at least one of my babies! And they all know what to expect, that I'm basically going to have a baby attached to my boobies for the first week or two and thats that, no compromises!

I hope thats helped a bit.. To sum up.. In my experience 2 year olds love babies.. They get very interested in the whole feeding experience whether it be bottle or breast, so I wouldn't worry too much about your little whirlwind!

Thank u! I feel much more confident now! Ready for this summer to pass quickly! Hubs told me last night were going to go on our first family vacation this summer! I'm looking
forward to that!
Hope u ladies are feeling good today!

Here's my 27+1 bump today! Excuse the weird look on my face LOL .... y'all post yalls! I love bump pictures!!!! Can't wait to see everyone's beautiful bellies!

Attachments

• IMG_20130527_133413-1.jpg
    IMG_20130527_133413-1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
:flower: welcome to the final stretch hun and too all you other ladies too.

how cute is your bump !! <3

Here's my 27+1 bump today! Excuse the weird look on my face LOL .... y'all post yalls! I love bump pictures!!!! Can't wait to see everyone's beautiful bellies!

Cute bump! And I can never help but make a face in 'selfies', as you can see! Excuse the underwear and big momma leggings, but here's my latest bump shot from yesterday x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 8
Thank u squeaks! ;)
Vegas you look great!!!!! And your leggings look so comfy!!!!

Thank u squeaks! ;)
Vegas you look great!!!!! And your leggings look so comfy!!!!

Thanks-I feel like an elephant, haha! And yes-these are my favourite thing ever! Might keep them even after bubs is here!

Hi!! I finally made it to third tri too!!

I'm on the countdown to mat leave now! :D

Lovely bumps! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back