Finally BFP after one year then bleeding

Aleenya

Reaction score
My husband and I have been trying for one year exactly this month. I have taken so many hpt's that I'm sick of looking at them lol. Finally, my obgyn said that since I am having my period around every 16 days I'm not ovulating and gave me progesterone to start af and clomid 50mg to start later in my cycle.

I took 5 days of the progesterone and realized it had been like 29 days since my last period. I thought it was the progesterone but decided to take an hpt anyway. It had a very light positive that I was pretty sure was an evap line. I decided to take one today with first morning urine and it was positive and much darker within seconds! I was so excited. Unfortunately, I started bleeding today as well. I called my doctor and told him sent me to take an HCG Quant. I'm wondering if the progesterone could be causing a miscarriage?

btw, this is my first post and I'm happy to be here with you all over 35 and trying :)

Hi Aleenya, sorry i'm not able to answer your question for you all i can say is i have everything crossed for you and big hugs x

Thank you very much sweetie :) I'm keeping mine crossed tool. I'll post tomorrow when I get my results.

If anything, the progesterone should be helping you from miscarrying. I hope your bleeding stops, but if not, then it's best not to keep an unhealthy beanie.

*SS*

Thank you for your answer Star. My doctor's nurse called today and my hcg quant was actually negative. I was actually happy. She was confused when I told her I was relieved but I explained to her that if I was pregnant with all the bleeding I was having I couldn't imagine that I would still be pregnant now. I guess the progesterone just caused excessive bleeding. Now I'm trying to figure out why I got a positive pregnancy test. I should post a pic here of it. You don't have to squint at it, it's very cleary a dark, thick line. I showed it to my son and he said he couldn't believe my blood test was negative. It was one of those accuclear ones.

Back to trying though lol. I'll start taking my clomid in three days!

Hun it sounds like you had a chemical pregnancy. I have had at least 2 of those. Basically the embryo implants for a very short period of time and it fails afterwards. I'm sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->