Finally getting excited! :D

kiraelliott

Mum & due #2 :)
Reaction score
I'm finally getting excited about having this baby!! Up until now i've been ...well... not, but knowing she will defo be here by Valentines Day is pretty real!
I also learnt our friends are expecting in August and my fave band are recording a new album in April.. lol totally O/T although the singer has also announced she is up the duff! Haha.

I'm planning on going into labour this weekend, I really want this baby on my wedding anniversary (next tuesday!), all encouragement/suggestions for kick starting welcome (however unusual!) lol :D :D :D xxx

i know! its sooooo weird, in 73 hours itll be due date, woohoo! knowing theres a max of 16-17 days is just mental, and thats absolute maximum!!! im trying everything to get baby out now, i know its a common one but sex! TMI but orgasm always causes slight painless contractions/tightenings for me, but they always go after half hr or so, theyre slightly stronger each time so im hoping theyll eventually kick start labour!

oh it doesnt have to be sex, just orgasm, wink wink!!!!!

hahahahahahhahaha xxxxxx

Maybe if we just skipped the early labour part and just started pushing :haha:

I'd be happy for some flipping signs at this stage, cramps, mucas plug anything :shrug:

I'm finally getting excited too :) once I've done my exam tomorrow he can come when he likes!

Yeah, getting excited here as well. Seeing my consultant tomorrow so hopefully I'll have a 'final' date that I won't be allowed go past!

One of my friends pointed out to me earlier that this time last month was Boxing Day and this time next month, my baby will be a couple of weeks old! So even if we do go overdue, it's only a tiny bit extra that we'll have to wait.

:D

i know! its sooooo weird, in 73 hours itll be due date, woohoo! knowing theres a max of 16-17 days is just mental, and thats absolute maximum!!! im trying everything to get baby out now, i know its a common one but sex! TMI but orgasm always causes slight painless contractions/tightenings for me, but they always go after half hr or so, theyre slightly stronger each time so im hoping theyll eventually kick start labour!

oh it doesnt have to be sex, just orgasm, wink wink!!!!!

hahahahahahhahaha xxxxxx

Lol! I've given up hinting to OH about wanting sex, and every time I think there's potential to have it I think "Oh christ I can't actually be arsed!" lol I have had many a "Me time" though! lol! Doesn't do much :( Long walks do something, I had mild pains all through the night the other day.

Why is it it's sooo easy to put the baby in, but to get it out is a right bugger! lol xxx

dont mind going overdue really if i have to (dont let the baby here me say that though!) , just dont want to be induced! want to stay at home as long as pos and not have to sit and wait in hospital for an induction to work.

come on babies, us mummies are getting bored now! x

dont mind going overdue really if i have to (dont let the baby here me say that though!) , just dont want to be induced! want to stay at home as long as pos and not have to sit and wait in hospital for an induction to work.

come on babies, us mummies are getting bored now! x

Yes, I wouldn't mind not being induced, 6 hours just to wait n see if one pessary's worked?! Bloody ridiculous! I dunno how many times they repeat the process, the midwife said they try that, sweeps before that, try breakin ya waters, all these things they try just to get things going, could be there for years! :/ My jaw nearly dropped off earlier... OH said he wants sex tonight... i'm confused!!!!! lol xxx

hahahaha then have it woman! its worth a try, think i might have to aswell, OH never needs pursuading and the poor guy wont get any for a few weeks at least after the birth so i may aswell indulge him lol! xx

According to my friends, sex works pretty well, im trying it this time....couldnt last time as my ex husband was being a twat and wouldnt go anywhere near me.

I found with H that a mega (and i am talking unbearable) hot curry worked, unfortunately it was the night before my induction anyway so i still went in on the day....just had mild contractions which they sped up with the drip. They didnt do sweeps back then, just left you two weeks overdue then induced you. They usually give you one of those gel pessarys in the eve when you go in, then one in the morning at 8am ish and by tea time your well on the way.

Dont try castor oil though...its bloody horrible and just made me sick both times i tried it.

Im hoping not to go too far overdue, as baby boy is estimated 10.5lb at the
moment (my daughter was 9lb 11oz) So i would rather he didnt have the
extra time to gain even more weight, but i guess theres nothing i can do about
it, he'll come when hes good & ready. x

I swear I heard from somewhere it's quite good to have a 'weighty' baby as it's more cushion for the pushin ...in the labour sense, not sex lol I dunno I might be wrong, sounds like it would make sense though?! xxx

According to my friends, sex works pretty well, im trying it this time....couldnt last time as my ex husband was being a twat and wouldnt go anywhere near me.

I found with H that a mega (and i am talking unbearable) hot curry worked, unfortunately it was the night before my induction anyway so i still went in on the day....just had mild contractions which they sped up with the drip. They didnt do sweeps back then, just left you two weeks overdue then induced you. They usually give you one of those gel pessarys in the eve when you go in, then one in the morning at 8am ish and by tea time your well on the way.

Dont try castor oil though...its bloody horrible and just made me sick both times i tried it.

I've not had sex since I was 21 weeks (nearly 4 months!!!)... husband has just found the notion too weird... til I told him a couple of weeks ago that after baby's out it'll be at the very least 6 weeks til we have it again (just my guestimate) and with that he knew he wanted to atleast once before she's born lol.. plus I told him it might gee things up a bit.

Don't really fancy being induced, do they make u stay in or do they let u go home between pessarys?! :/

Heard it's dangerous to take caster oil when preggers... or have I read wrong? xxx

I swear I heard from somewhere it's quite good to have a 'weighty' baby as it's more cushion for the pushin ...in the labour sense, not sex lol I dunno I might be wrong, sounds like it would make sense though?! xxx

I've heard that bigger babies are easy to deliver as well.

Although I'm trying to ignore that because apparently mine is a small little thing :nope:

Although I'm trying to ignore that because apparently mine is a small little thing :nope:

I don't think mine's much below 8lb but defo not as big as I thought she'd be, even midwife confirmed yesterday she wouldn't be that big just average.. whatever that is!

I don't think mine's much below 8lb but defo not as big as I thought she'd be, even midwife confirmed yesterday she wouldn't be that big just average.. whatever that is!

I've no idea! I think anything from 6-10lbs is 'normal' - but seeing as there's loads of clothes up to 7.5lbs, maybe that's the 'average' newborn size? Mine is hovering around the 7lb mark at the moment which doesn't seem too small to me, but apparently is...? :shrug:

I've no idea! I think anything from 6-10lbs is 'normal' - but seeing as there's loads of clothes up to 7.5lbs, maybe that's the 'average' newborn size? Mine is hovering around the 7lb mark at the moment which doesn't seem too small to me, but apparently is...? :shrug:

Doesn't sound small to me, sounds pretty healthy, I know my friend who gave birth to a 6lb-er had to have her baby in NICU for a lil bit after because 6lb is low? But not heard 7lb being low :/ :shrug: xxx

I've not had sex since I was 21 weeks (nearly 4 months!!!)... husband has just found the notion too weird... til I told him a couple of weeks ago that after baby's out it'll be at the very least 6 weeks til we have it again (just my guestimate) and with that he knew he wanted to atleast once before she's born lol.. plus I told him it might gee things up a bit.

Don't really fancy being induced, do they make u stay in or do they let u go home between pessarys?! :/

Heard it's dangerous to take caster oil when preggers... or have I read wrong? xxx

Yeah i think they do say its dangerous to take castor oil, when i tried it (15 years ago), it was my flippin mother's advice and her 1970s labour inducing ideas...never again!Made me really ill and didnt do bugger all labour wise.

Unfortunately they make you stay in for the whole duration. They let you wander around the hospital, in fact they advise to keep moving about to get things going. With Eloise i went in on monday eve and started on the pessarys and then she was born 12.38 on the wed morning. Very very boring in the early stages...plus what they dont tell you is that in some cases if you turn up to be induced and they have had a mass influx of ladies in labour and all the delivery rooms are full then they keep you hanging around till they can 'fit you in'....not what you want to hear when you get to that point! Especially when your in the same wards as new borns and new mums and it makes it all the more frustrating.

Yeah i think they do say its dangerous to take castor oil, when i tried it (15 years ago), it was my flippin mother's advice and her 1970s labour inducing ideas...never again!Made me really ill and didnt do bugger all labour wise.

Unfortunately they make you stay in for the whole duration. They let you wander around the hospital, in fact they advise to keep moving about to get things going. With Eloise i went in on monday eve and started on the pessarys and then she was born 12.38 on the wed morning. Very very boring in the early stages...plus what they dont tell you is that in some cases if you turn up to be induced and they have had a mass influx of ladies in labour and all the delivery rooms are full then they keep you hanging around till they can 'fit you in'....not what you want to hear when you get to that point! Especially when your in the same wards as new borns and new mums and it makes it all the more frustrating.

Yeah I had a feeling they might. That sucks. Christ we will be bored... I get bored working there, nevermind having to go there for an actual decent purpose, lol. Maybe I can wander about n annoy people I know.. tho a bit difficult with DH in tow I s'pose. Hmm. Nevermind, atleast if I do end up induced I know I won't be leaving the place until I have a baby! Just hope it doesn't cost a fortune in car parking fees... bleeders put it up by 10p lol should've got my MIL to put our registration on her parking permit :dohh: not to worry! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->