Finally getting excited! :D

According to my friends, sex works pretty well, im trying it this time....couldnt last time as my ex husband was being a twat and wouldnt go anywhere near me.

I found with H that a mega (and i am talking unbearable) hot curry worked, unfortunately it was the night before my induction anyway so i still went in on the day....just had mild contractions which they sped up with the drip. They didnt do sweeps back then, just left you two weeks overdue then induced you. They usually give you one of those gel pessarys in the eve when you go in, then one in the morning at 8am ish and by tea time your well on the way.

Dont try castor oil though...its bloody horrible and just made me sick both times i tried it.

I've not had sex since I was 21 weeks (nearly 4 months!!!)... husband has just found the notion too weird... til I told him a couple of weeks ago that after baby's out it'll be at the very least 6 weeks til we have it again (just my guestimate) and with that he knew he wanted to atleast once before she's born lol.. plus I told him it might gee things up a bit.

Don't really fancy being induced, do they make u stay in or do they let u go home between pessarys?! :/

Heard it's dangerous to take caster oil when preggers... or have I read wrong? xxx

Yeah i think they do say its dangerous to take castor oil, when i tried it (15 years ago), it was my flippin mother's advice and her 1970s labour inducing ideas...never again!Made me really ill and didnt do bugger all labour wise.

Unfortunately they make you stay in for the whole duration. They let you wander around the hospital, in fact they advise to keep moving about to get things going. With Eloise i went in on monday eve and started on the pessarys and then she was born 12.38 on the wed morning. Very very boring in the early stages...plus what they dont tell you is that in some cases if you turn up to be induced and they have had a mass influx of ladies in labour and all the delivery rooms are full then they keep you hanging around till they can 'fit you in'....not what you want to hear when you get to that point! Especially when your in the same wards as new borns and new mums and it makes it all the more frustrating.

Yeah I had a feeling they might. That sucks. Christ we will be bored... I get bored working there, nevermind having to go there for an actual decent purpose, lol. Maybe I can wander about n annoy people I know.. tho a bit difficult with DH in tow I s'pose. Hmm. Nevermind, atleast if I do end up induced I know I won't be leaving the place until I have a baby! Just hope it doesn't cost a fortune in car parking fees... bleeders put it up by 10p lol should've got my MIL to put our registration on her parking permit :dohh: not to worry! xx

Thats if you can find a bloody parking space....went for scan the other day and took 20 mins of car stalking till i could park. I did joke..well good job im not in flippin labour! and didnt realise they put the prices up...typical! I might get the dad to give us a lift up there i think....OH can find his own way home lol!

According to my friends, sex works pretty well, im trying it this time....couldnt last time as my ex husband was being a twat and wouldnt go anywhere near me.

I found with H that a mega (and i am talking unbearable) hot curry worked, unfortunately it was the night before my induction anyway so i still went in on the day....just had mild contractions which they sped up with the drip. They didnt do sweeps back then, just left you two weeks overdue then induced you. They usually give you one of those gel pessarys in the eve when you go in, then one in the morning at 8am ish and by tea time your well on the way.

Dont try castor oil though...its bloody horrible and just made me sick both times i tried it.

I've not had sex since I was 21 weeks (nearly 4 months!!!)... husband has just found the notion too weird... til I told him a couple of weeks ago that after baby's out it'll be at the very least 6 weeks til we have it again (just my guestimate) and with that he knew he wanted to atleast once before she's born lol.. plus I told him it might gee things up a bit.

Don't really fancy being induced, do they make u stay in or do they let u go home between pessarys?! :/

Heard it's dangerous to take caster oil when preggers... or have I read wrong? xxx

Yeah i think they do say its dangerous to take castor oil, when i tried it (15 years ago), it was my flippin mother's advice and her 1970s labour inducing ideas...never again!Made me really ill and didnt do bugger all labour wise.

Unfortunately they make you stay in for the whole duration. They let you wander around the hospital, in fact they advise to keep moving about to get things going. With Eloise i went in on monday eve and started on the pessarys and then she was born 12.38 on the wed morning. Very very boring in the early stages...plus what they dont tell you is that in some cases if you turn up to be induced and they have had a mass influx of ladies in labour and all the delivery rooms are full then they keep you hanging around till they can 'fit you in'....not what you want to hear when you get to that point! Especially when your in the same wards as new borns and new mums and it makes it all the more frustrating.

Yeah I had a feeling they might. That sucks. Christ we will be bored... I get bored working there, nevermind having to go there for an actual decent purpose, lol. Maybe I can wander about n annoy people I know.. tho a bit difficult with DH in tow I s'pose. Hmm. Nevermind, atleast if I do end up induced I know I won't be leaving the place until I have a baby! Just hope it doesn't cost a fortune in car parking fees... bleeders put it up by 10p lol should've got my MIL to put our registration on her parking permit :dohh: not to worry! xx

Thats if you can find a bloody parking space....went for scan the other day and took 20 mins of car stalking till i could park. I did joke..well good job im not in flippin labour! and didnt realise they put the prices up...typical! I might get the dad to give us a lift up there i think....OH can find his own way home lol!

Oh I know it's a friggin nightmare! My MIL did suggest parking in the estate opposite the hospital as her best friend lives there but it looks dodgy lol n the beautiful scene that is the prison doesn't quell any fears! Atleast in the car park you have people walking around making sure you've paid.. it's like added protection lol. The prices have only gone up 10p like I said so now instead of 1.20 it's 1.30 for 1-2 hours or whatever, though pretty sure the 6 quid-something for 24hrs is up by 20p.. think it's trying to discourage people from parking there as it's way overcrowded and best part of the spots taken are by staff anyways (especially that car park area next to maternity end as staff are allowed to park in there, there's no special spots they have to take, they can take any)... I think the best time to go into labour for parking is at about 4pm-ish lol! How sad is it that I know that.. the place just started emptying out. Worst times is visiting times.

God I really don't miss that place! :coffee:

Oh I know it's a friggin nightmare! My MIL did suggest parking in the estate opposite the hospital as her best friend lives there but it looks dodgy lol n the beautiful scene that is the prison doesn't quell any fears! Atleast in the car park you have people walking around making sure you've paid.. it's like added protection lol. The prices have only gone up 10p like I said so now instead of 1.20 it's 1.30 for 1-2 hours or whatever, though pretty sure the 6 quid-something for 24hrs is up by 20p.. think it's trying to discourage people from parking there as it's way overcrowded and best part of the spots taken are by staff anyways (especially that car park area next to maternity end as staff are allowed to park in there, there's no special spots they have to take, they can take any)... I think the best time to go into labour for parking is at about 4pm-ish lol! How sad is it that I know that.. the place just started emptying out. Worst times is visiting times.

God I really don't miss that place! :coffee:

So, not just me then? My worst nightmare is trying to drive to the hospital at around 8am - right in the middle of the morning traffic! I'm hoping for a night-time labour/birth so we can find parking in the hospital carpark itself and not across the road at the shopping centre!

Not that any of this will matter at the time - I'll be jumping out of the car as soon as it slows down and never mind the parking - but it's strange the things we worry about beforehand.

:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->