Finally got first appt scheduled!

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
So I had to go in today and fill out a ton of paper work and then get my blood drawn. My first appt is going to be on the 26th when I hit the 10 week mark! Glad I finally got something but its so far out! And the drive takes me almost 1 1/2 hours.

Did anyone else have an excessive amount of blood drawn? I had 10 viles. Not even joking. My arm is a bit sore right now.

They did 5 with my first and 3 with my second. Those first round appointments are a killer!

I'm still not sure why I had to have 10 viles of blood drawn. Even the nurse seemed a little surprised. She kept making sure I was ok and not getting light headed.

I forgot about all that blood they take. Yes, that can be pretty normal. They did it during my first pregnancy and I remember when I made some strange face at them for all of the blood vials they were taking, they said, "Yeah, you'll be used to it by the end of your pregnancy." I was used to being stuck by the end of my pregnancy.

Ack! My first appointment is tomorrow (consultation and paperwork appointment) and I just completely forgot that they do a blood draw at the first appointment. Now I'm going to make sure I eat good before I go. But yeah, it's normal. They test for everything.

I had 8 vials taken. I was feeling quite light headed after that, but the nurse at my doctor's is really nice, and was really gentle. I had to sit for a few extra minutes, and felt like a wimp. I had to get one vial this week and it was a breeze!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->