Finally had the 'talk' with OB

SimoneMK

Reaction score
I decided during early 3rd tri that I would like to try a completely natural birth void of any medical intervention (no iv, epidural, induction, csection, etc) with the understanding that if the baby was in distress than i would of course do anything i can to not put her at risk. Also, i vowed to not put myself down if i caved in and got an epidural. I waited until my 37 week appointment to talk to my OB about my thoughts. I told her I wanted a medical free birth if possible, considering my very easy healthy pregnancy and my low risk status. Before i could even start asking questions about how the hospital handles natural type births (seems we are the minority nowadays) she told us how every room has a large bath, birthing ball, IV's aren't mandatory etc. She told me everything i wanted to hear prior to me even asking any questions which i was pleasantly surprised about. She is one of 7 OBs that can deliver so she told me that when they check me in the nurses ask about birthing plans upon checking in so that gives me a peace of mind too. Just wanted to share the good news with everybody!

Mine was like that too! It's awesome :)

Nope! Possibly in labor Atm but I'm not sure...we'll see! Lol

I have started to talk to my OB about my ideas of an ideal birth, trying to feel it out slowly kinda. She seems to be on my side understanding what I want. My mother on the other hand doesn't see as eye to eye with me as I would like. I asked her if she would read a book I read about natrual birth, she pretty much said she has had 4 children naturally and knows whats best for me. I don't want an IV or any kinda drugs unless me or my baby is in danger. I plan to make sure that everyone in my birthing team are very aware of who (me) is in charge of my sons birth. I am nervous about it, but I know I will do everything in my power to have the most natural birth I can, and if something changes, I know I will have tried my hardest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->