Finally.... Have our lil angel is here!!! Birth Story updated.

eagermom

Aarshi's Mum
Reaction score
Hey ladies finally got our lil angel... A baby girl... At 5:49 pm on oct 13th... Weighing 7 pounds and 4.9 ounces and a height of 20 inches :cloud9:

Will post birth story once im home... Was a vaginal birth...

Birth Story :

As some of you would have read I was having slow contractions for 2days.. But wasnt dialated untill the 11th.

OBGYN was to induce me on the 13 if I did not start dialating by my due date the 12th.

12morning i started getting my mucus plug out in bits and pieces and pooped a lot in one single day... Had a very bad lower back ache since 8:30am on the 12th.... Around 7:20pm i started getting contrActions but not too regular... Though very strong. At 10pm they were jus 2mins apart but no strength now. And an increasing pressure in the pelvis coz of baby's head....

Now at 1 am started getting them every 5 mins and stronger.... So decided to leave fr the hospital... Left around 1:30am..but by the time we reached hosp they were again 35-40mins apart and not too strong....but anyways i was to be induced 13tth evening they decided to admit me early...

Well was 2 cm dialated by then. They contacted my OBGYN and were asked to make me walk for an hour and then induce me at 4am.

The resident doc came in at 5am and put in the cervidal for induction. By that time my contractions were again 10mins apart but with lesser strength yet... I m too bad with pains.. So had thought of getting an epidural as soon as they thought they can give me.. Now after cervidal was placed they refused to do any checks untill 5pm the 12 hour mark.... And decided to give an epi only after they remove cervidal... as soon as i was induced i started getting the contractions stronger and closer with jus 3-4 mins interval... Had a pain relief though not epi yet. DH helped me breathe through them.. At 9am i started shouting at him that i needed epi right away. And he was like no u gotta wait a little while else epi wouldnt work when it was time to push... This went on until 10:30 am when the pain wss out of control for me.. So the nurse checked on me and i was 7cm already.... That was unexpected as this is yet our first baby :hehe:

Now whe removed cervidal and gave me an epi... And i managed to sleep for while and chit chat with everyone.was just like a boon :dohh:

When at 3 was checked again i was jus 8cm and went to 10 by 4pm

Now time to push...but my whole lower body was numb coz of epi and i cant feel my pushes so at4:30 doc decided to put me off from epi... I was like ok.. (thought by the time i deliver there would be some effect of epi ):dohh:

Crazy me... As i was put on pitocin and no epi things started getting worse... I was not ready to push out of pain....

But my doc said In any case she will not put the epi on again... So i had no option but to push through the pain... This whole started at 5:00when i started with the pushing as the knly option i wasnt doing good... They needed me to push harder... At 5:30pm i started getting the urge to push... And in jus 9 pushes they could see the crowning.... And in the last 12th push the baby was out... So in jus one push the body was out...

And the moment i saw our angel i just forgot all the pain i had been through :cloud9:

Thanks for reading... :flower: and sorry its q bit longer but wanted to write it as much as i can!!!

Cannot wait to see pictures, congratuations!

Congratulations, and thanks for posting your birth story :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->