Finally here!

makeupgirl

Reaction score
*Dances with excitement*

Hubby and I are OFFICIALLY TTC! <3

I've been hanging around the TWW board as we did sorta try this month however AF showed herself today. Not to worry as next month is a new time to try.

I have lots of questions if you ladies wouldn't mind helping me out..

I moved to the UK to be with my hubby (we're based in Wales) from the USA and the care/advice/products over here is/are so much different to what I'm used to!

1. Good prenatals to start taking? Vitamins? Etc.
2. Good BBT thermometer?
3. Does Preseed really work? My cousin raves about it!
4. If I were to take out private health insurance here in the UK (which I will for other reasons) does it cover maternity care?
5. Any other tips for a successful BFP? We're hoping to share some exciting news at Christmas time!!!!!!
6. I've had 2 m/c's.. is this something to discuss with my Dr? (Still wrapping my head around the fact that there aren't true 'gynos' out here!)

Also, I have endometriosis and take anti-depressants. Although I am feeling better, I know from experience that it's best to stay on them until you can wean yourself off gradually. Do these interfere with chances of conception?

Thank you lovelies and I look forward to getting to know you <3

*Dances with excitement*

I've been hanging around the TWW board as we did sorta try this month however AF showed herself today. Not to worry as next month is a new time to try.

I moved to the UK to be with my hubby (we're based in Wales) from the USA and the care/advice/products over here is/are so much different to what I'm used to!

2. Good BBT thermometer?
4. If I were to take out private health insurance here in the UK (which I will for other reasons) does it cover maternity care?
5. Any other tips for a successful BFP? We're hoping to share some exciting news at Christmas time!!!!!!
6. I've had 2 m/c's.. is this something to discuss with my Dr? (Still wrapping my head around the fact that there aren't true 'gynos' out here!)

Also, I have endometriosis and take anti-depressants. Although I am feeling better, I know from experience that it's best to stay on them until you can wean yourself off gradually. Do these interfere with chances of conception?

Welcome to the TTC section! Glad to have you here!

I've had three losses in a row so I know all the anxiety that comes with ttc. I've been on anti-depressants and I don't think they interfere with your ttc, but I would do as you said and wean yourself off gradually because any kind of medication should be avoided during pregnancy, if possible, to prevent exposing it to the developing fetus. Don't go cold turkey though... I tried doing that and ended up feeling worse than better. Anyways, as to your questions:

1. I'm not familiar with prenatal vitamin brands since I'm in the US and not the UK... hopefully someone can help you out there... but my doctor recommended (with my history of losses) to take something with at least:
11 mg of zinc
400 mcg of folic acid (up to 800 mcg once pregnant)
18 mg of iron (up to 27 mg once pregnant)
1000 mg of calcium
25 mg of vitamin B6

I take vitamin B6 separate because I can't find a multivitamin with at least that much B6 in it. Vitamin B6 helps extend your luteal phase and prevent morning sickness once you do become pregnant.

2. Sorry I can't help you there either... again not sure what brands are good in the UK. I just used a regular thermometer when I was charting :blush:

3. Yes, Preseed is awesome for those that have a hard time making the EWCM needed to conceive during ovulation. I highly recommend it!

4. This probably depends upon your insurance provider. Maybe give them a call and ask what they cover.

5. Elevate your hips for 15-30 minutes after DTD. I've heard that using positions that gets the sperm as close to the cervix as possible, such as the rear entry position, or doggie style, is the best for ttc. Have your man wear loose fitting underwear so his spermies stay cool... heat will make his live sperm count low. Use opks to try to help pinpoint ovulation in addition to the BBT and charting. This is all I can think of right now but I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting...

6. I would definitely mention the mcs, no matter how early they were, it is still a part of your medical history. They may do more testing in early pregnancy but, though it is tedious, it will give you peace of mind. For example they may do more ultrasounds, give you an early ultrasound and do bloodwork to check your hcg levels to make sure they're going up.

Good luck! Hope you end up with a sticky bean this time!

*Dances with excitement*

2. Good BBT thermometer?

Welcome to the TTC section! Glad to have you here!

I've had three losses in a row so I know all the anxiety that comes with ttc. I've been on anti-depressants and I don't think they interfere with your ttc, but I would do as you said and wean yourself off gradually because any kind of medication should be avoided during pregnancy, if possible, to prevent exposing it to the developing fetus. Don't go cold turkey though... I tried doing that and ended up feeling worse than better. Anyways, as to your questions:

1. I'm not familiar with prenatal vitamin brands since I'm in the US and not the UK... hopefully someone can help you out there... but my doctor recommended (with my history of losses) to take something with at least:
11 mg of zinc
400 mcg of folic acid (up to 800 mcg once pregnant)
18 mg of iron (up to 27 mg once pregnant)
1000 mg of calcium
25 mg of vitamin B6

I take vitamin B6 separate because I can't find a multivitamin with at least that much B6 in it. Vitamin B6 helps extend your luteal phase and prevent morning sickness once you do become pregnant.

2. Sorry I can't help you there either... again not sure what brands are good in the UK. I just used a regular thermometer when I was charting :blush:

3. Yes, Preseed is awesome for those that have a hard time making the EWCM needed to conceive during ovulation. I highly recommend it!

4. This probably depends upon your insurance provider. Maybe give them a call and ask what they cover.

5. Elevate your hips for 15-30 minutes after DTD. I've heard that using positions that gets the sperm as close to the cervix as possible, such as the rear entry position, or doggie style, is the best for ttc. Have your man wear loose fitting underwear so his spermies stay cool... heat will make his live sperm count low. Use opks to try to help pinpoint ovulation in addition to the BBT and charting. This is all I can think of right now but I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting...

6. I would definitely mention the mcs, no matter how early they were, it is still a part of your medical history. They may do more testing in early pregnancy but, though it is tedious, it will give you peace of mind. For example they may do more ultrasounds, give you an early ultrasound and do bloodwork to check your hcg levels to make sure they're going up.

Good luck! Hope you end up with a sticky bean this time!

Thank you so much!! Can I use just a reg thermometer then? That would make things a lot easier considering I have one here already! Lol. I'll check out some multi-vits at the health food store tomorrow! I need to take them regardless.. I can't drink dairy so my calcium is always so low!

Thank you again <3 I greatly appreciate it!!

You want a thermometer that's accurate to two decimal places (36.26 C for example...Brits are gonna have numbers all in Celsius so you may want to order one to get Fahrenheit if you're more used to working with those numbers hehe). That's because the temperature change after ovulation is really small and would be missed on a thermometer you'd use for checking fevers and sick patients :)

Happy move and baby dust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->