Finally ready to write this....

Parkep

Very happy mom
Reaction score
Well, where to start!!

The short version our baby girl (Kira Elisabeth) was born July 21 at 6:53 weighing 8 pound 8 oz and was 21 inches long.

Now for the people that want the dirt :haha:

My contractions started sunday night, where coming every 4-5 mins lasting 30-40 seconds long, then then after 2 hours would go to every 7 mins then back to 4-5 did that all night long. Had some contractions monday during the day, then more regular at night. Same for tuesday (was getting tired of all this :sleep: ). So i finally crawled into bed Wed. morning when i couldnt stay up any longer, after OH went to work so i could squirm in peace lol well i was laying there almost asleep got another pretty mild contraction, and felt a kinda pop, thought oh the baby must have moved funny. Then i felt the gush lol. Ran to the bathroom called OH, who had not reached work yet then phoned the hospital. They wanted me to come in right away to get assessed.

So OH comes home starts running around like a chicken with his head cut off haha I laughed at him and told him to breath shes not going to pop out right now. (hadnt started having contractions yet) so we packed the car, stopped off for some drinks then i started having contractions. Came on a little strong had to breath through them but i was ok :thumbup: got to the hospital about a 30 min ride, the contractions were regular but mild.

We went into the assessment room, the nurses were doing a shift change, and they were all so sweet!! They asked me questions, tested my pee to make sure it was my waters (it was) they were talking about sending me home ect then a dr checked me OMG NEVER AGAIN ive never felt such pain and she was such a bee with an itch!! kept telling me to hold still ect its not that bad, i wanted to hit her!!! And i was 3 cm!! So they didnt send me home.

Got to my room, in this hospital you labor give birth and recover all in the same room, you have your own shower and bathroom and the rooms are private and huge :happydance: (reason i picked this hospital and drove out of my way to get there). And i met my nurse, Carrie she stayed with me the entire time, (except for her lunch breaks) and she was amazing i couldn't have done it without her!!

So i got comfy, and the contractions started to pick up, i found i was most comfortable leaning over a counter and swaying my hips back and forth. I ended up in the shower at some point, OH MY it was heaven! Only issue was it was on a slider pole and the clamp was broken so OH had to hold it. I got out after about an hour (i think lol) ended up being sick once but after i felt a lot better! My legs were getting tired from standing (it had been about 4 hours) but i could not sit, when i got a contraction the pain was times 10. I tried a yoga ball but couldn't do it. The contractions started to pick up I used the gas and air, which was fun but didnt cut the pain so I asked for an epidural because i was sooooo tired from no sleep for 3 nights and standing for so long. I got checked and it didnt hurt! nothing like earlier in the day, the doctor was awesome!!!! i was 5-6 cm. So after about 45 mins the man showed up to do it, and im not going to lie i cried, i dont know if i was scared because of him doing things to my back or my contractions and sitting still, but Carrie was awesome talking me through it. And when he was done RELIEF!!! oh wow! i slept for a little bit, but just sitting was amazing my OH slept for about 4 hours lol. Carrie left for her break and I had two nurses come in to replace her, when Carrie came back, they started talking about giving me meds to speed up contractions, which i was fine with, get her out quicker. So they hooked me up after checking how dilated i was still 5-6 cms. So they hooked me up after about 30 mins i started feeling tightnings near my belly button, Carrie had gone on another break, and i told the other nurses that and they said its fine probably just pressure, so when Carrie came back i told her that i was feeling them and it was getting a little worse so she hit the top up ten mins later i was still getting them and it was getting worse, so they called the anesthesiologist but he was in surgery. At this point OH was up from his nap. And I started feeling the contractions pretty quickly top ups where doing nothing, then the epi wore off completely!! This all happened very quickly, got checked again was still about 5 cms, found out she had turned and was back to back, the pain was unimaginable. My poor OH didnt know what to do. They called the anesthesiologist again he came in and said my epi probably moved but he will try something but if it doesn't work im doing it natural so he puts the medication in it, and said he has to wait ten mins so what does he do while im crawling up the side of the bed in pain play on his phone!! lol i could have killed him, the medication he gave me did not work. All i had was gas and air. Apparently I was saying somethings that were hard for my OH to hear, nothing bad but i remember asking him to help me, and that i wouldn't do it anymore. It was very hard for him to see me like this. So i ended up getting lots of pressure on my bladder about an hour after they checked me, so Carrie decides to check me again just to be sure even tho everyone said that i wouldn't be close. Sure enough i was 10 with a small lip, so i started to push, im not going to lie, there was not this all mighty urge to push and the only reason i did want to push was to get rid of the pain, i pushed for about an hour in the worse pain of my life when i actually started to feel her move down with the pushing it was so much easier. Well then this doctor came in and decided i need a vacuum delivery. Carrie was not impressed she thought i could do it on my own, at that point i was in too much pain to know what was going on. So i got cut and he used a vacuum on her, i was pushing for a total of an hour. I also tore up as well, that i could feel while it was happening, worse feeling! She was born with Apgar score of 9. We waited till the cord stopped pulsing, and OH cut the cord. They "froze" me to start stitch me up well it didnt work and the lovely dr stitched me up anyways, i can not describe the pain. They put my daughter back on my chest she was amazing. Carrie and my OH were amazing through my whole birth and i really really couldnt have done it without them.

Attachments

• DSC_0648.jpg
    DSC_0648.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 26
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 32
she's beautiful! congratulations :hugs:

congrats hun, sorry to hear about the pain but at least it all ended well and you have a beautiful baby girl :flower:

Aww I'm sorry about the pain and the drugs not working for you near the end, but I'm glad that she was delivered safely. She's beautiful!

My hospital is also a labour, delivery and recovery room with bathroom/shower as well, which I'm thankful for. I didn't know it was until I went in to visit my SIL who gave birth there a few months ago.

congrats on your little girl! She's just beautiful!

Thank you everyone, i have to say the pain was worth it, but i could have done with a little less lol.

Aww I'm sorry about the pain and the drugs not working for you near the end, but I'm glad that she was delivered safely. She's beautiful!

My hospital is also a labour, delivery and recovery room with bathroom/shower as well, which I'm thankful for. I didn't know it was until I went in to visit my SIL who gave birth there a few months ago.

I see your in BC too where abouts are you?

Thank you everyone, i have to say the pain was worth it, but i could have done with a little less lol.

Yay! Another BC girl! hehe I'm in North Delta. Where are you?

aww congrats hun she's beautiful x

Thank you everyone :)

OOOO a close BC girl!!! i take it your delivering at surrey?? thats where i delivered! its awesome the nurses are amazing!! i live in burnaby tho lol

Thank you everyone :)

OOOO a close BC girl!!! i take it your delivering at surrey?? thats where i delivered! its awesome the nurses are amazing!! i live in burnaby tho lol

I lived in Burnaby for a year. I'm definitely delivering at Surrey. The Delta hospital is too far away, lol. My MIL works as an ER nurse at Surrey. My SIL delivered in Surrey a few months ago and I was impressed by the care she received. Who delivered your baby? I use the prenatal clinic at the hospital and know 3 of the 9 doctors, one of them is now my family doctor.

Oh really? I live in north burnaby. Just moved here from north vancouver :) I didnt even know delta had a hospital hahah. Im originally from cloverdale. Yah the care at surrey is awesome my delivery dr was dr. tam. When i was going to the prenatal clinic my dr.was dr. mahangu (spelling?) i only used the prenatal clinic from 28 weeks on. I used my family dr. for the rest.

So Jayed do you know what your having??? its so close are you excited??

3 days left... he can come out now!!!! *poke poke* LOL. Yea Delta's hospital is closer to Ladner (services South Delta and Ladner mainly), which is a 20-30 minute drive from where we are (North Delta). Surrey Memorial is literally a 5-10 minute drive from us.

Dr Mahungu is my family doctor now. I've been seeing Dr Lal and Dr Smith at the prenatal clinic, although Dr Smith more than Dr Lal. I haven't met Dr Tam.

So how's Kira been doing since you gave birth? She doing well? Keeping you busy?

aww, congrats. and thanks for all the details!

thank u bk!!

3 days left... he can come out now!!!! *poke poke* LOL. Yea Delta's hospital is closer to Ladner (services South Delta and Ladner mainly), which is a 20-30 minute drive from where we are (North Delta). Surrey Memorial is literally a 5-10 minute drive from us.

Dr Mahungu is my family doctor now. I've been seeing Dr Lal and Dr Smith at the prenatal clinic, although Dr Smith more than Dr Lal. I haven't met Dr Tam.

So how's Kira been doing since you gave birth? She doing well? Keeping you busy?

Dr tam was very good. Kira has been doing good :) besides when she gets really bad gas (tmi lol) her sleeping at night is awesome i can time her 4 o'clock ever day! (unless her stomach is upset) i wake up at 3:59 lol and she eats every 3-4 hours :) tell you man to hurry up!!! :happydance: lol

thank u bk!!

Dr tam was very good. Kira has been doing good :) besides when she gets really bad gas (tmi lol) her sleeping at night is awesome i can time her 4 o'clock ever day! (unless her stomach is upset) i wake up at 3:59 lol and she eats every 3-4 hours :) tell you man to hurry up!!! :happydance: lol

LOL... OH is telling him that now. He wasn't up until today. He actually thought I was overdue, but I reminded him that I'll be overdue on Tuesday, not today. That's great that she sleeps well and eats every few hours.

Kira is a STUNNER!! Wow! She is gorgeous! Great job Mommy! :) Congrats!!

Thank you so much blackberry!! Of course i am kind of one sided but I 100% agree with you lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->