Finally starting chlomid! Anyone else?

a1b2c3

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Af finally showed up (sorry for doubting you provera) and so I will be taking my first ever chlomid tomorrow, November 20th. Yay!!! I am so excited!

Anyways just wondered if anyone else was about the same and wanted to buddy up or something?

I just ended my first cycle of clomid and I'm waiting for AF. Close enough? =)

hey there welcome to the clomid club :) I am on CD4 so have taken my third pill today of my first cycle on it. No major side affects for me... Good luck honey

thanks ladies.

PhoenixRose - it's close enoug for me! How did you find it? Any side effects.... did you have to have day 21 bloods done? and an ultrasound?

Trying hard - thanks, and i'm glad your not having any side effects. Are you having bloods and ultrasound too?

a1b2c3, I found it to be ok. most of the time i was ok, unless something set my mood off and then it was harder to get back to a good mood. after the clomid was over i was in a great mood. I have to get an ultrasound before i start clomid each month, and an ultrasound around day 16 to check egg size before the HCG trigger shot. I'm also on Prometrium (vaginal progesterone) that I start taking about 3 days after the trigger shot, which I take until either get a BFN or I'm 12 weeks prego. My progesterone levels always came back fine but my doc likes to do it as a preventative. I also got a second HCG shot on about day 22/23...something about if it's just one follicle then the HCG helps the corpus luteum stay strong and keep producing progesterone. The only bloods I had taken last month were taken at the time of the midcycle ultrasound to check my estrogen levels to make sure it was time to give me the trigger shot; since I'm on Prometrium I think the labs wouldn't mean anything about my progesterone levels since the meds raise it. I actually found the side effects of the Prometrium to be worse then the clomid...and I guess it's more like withdrawal then side effects. When I stopped taking it, I was pissed off for 2 days straight, like really bad PMS, until AF started...today (YAY! Well yay in the sense that at least I finally get to start round 2).

I've been ovulating on my own this entire LTTC (24 months) but just found out that I have PCO (not PCOS: I'm thin, all labs are fine, no other symptoms etc), which is apparently affecting my egg quality. So the doc put me on clomid to help with the egg maturity. Luckily, the clomid didn't dry my CM last month so I didn't have to get an IUI. Don't know how things are there in the UK, but here in the US there are a lot of insurance companies that only pay for diagnosing and not for any treatment, so we're all out of pocket for all these procedures. But at least they paid for me to have an HSG and a lap and dye. The lap found mild endo as well.

What about you? what's your story? How long have you been trying?

First day with LETROZOLE (FEMARA) for me. I'm to take 2.5mg daily for 5 days. Close enough with yours?

first cycle of clomid and cd 23 and still no ov. got my provera and my higher dose of clomid ready! starting metformin as well.

Phoneix.... we have been ttc since Aug 2010. My bloods are good and had an HSG which was fine (also had a laparoscopy back in 2009, due to other medical reasons, but the results then were fine, so don't really want another one!). DH has had SA which is good. I just don't ovulate regularly for some reason! I've only had 5 periods this year (the one i'm on now is courtesy of Provera). So at the moment, they are just trying to regulate my cycles and force me to ovulate as at the moment, nothing else seems to be wrong.

Well in the UK we have the NHS (National Health Service), so we don't have to pay for anything, apart from perscriptions (which to be honest is nothing as it is capped at about $10 dollars per perscription). The only downside is that it can take a long time to be seen, and to get 'help' with fertility issues, you have to have been trying for so long and meet certain criteria etc. Each area is different. Where I live.... your supposed to wait 2 years before they will help you, but as my periods are so irregular, my GP got me to see an FS through the back door. Basically, she had to refer me to gynaecology due to extremely irregular periods. Once I saw the Gynae, she was like 'ok so we will put you onto BC to get you regular'.... that's when I had to say 'oh, but i'm also ttc, didn't the doctor tell you that?'.... by then it's too late, and I am already in with the gynae, so they will help me. Kind of a bit naughty, but to be honest.... I kind of don't care. i think most people would do it if their doctor suggested it!

I actually used to live in Michigan, so I know a bit about how the US system works.... and I have to say, i'm so grateful that I'm in the UK! It's so expensive over there! Mind you, we pay for it in our taxes etc.

I don't know if the chlomid is already affecting me, or if it is just me.... but my cocentration doesn't exist at the minute. :(

I really hope your chlomid works for you.... do you have a 'testing day'?

Hi Helena, what dose of chlomid were you on? What are they upping it to?

Isn't waiting for AF to show a pain in the ass? I had my chlomid perscription for almost 2 months before I was albe to finally take it (and that was only because of provera). Sooooooo annoying!

Hope the higher dose helps you to O!

Hi ladies, AF came for me on 11/20 I am starting my first pill of Clomid 50 mg. 11/22!

I am a little nervous, a little scared, a little excited. hoping for a Christmas :bfp: for all of us.

All seems to be fine, DH's SA is wonderful, I regularly ov, tubes clear, but slightly low progesterone. Dr wants to see if this will work for us.

a1b2c3, what do you mean by 'testing day'? Definitely a nice trick you used to get seen earlier. There are definitely pro's and con's to each health system. I can get into see anyone I want, when I want (I started seeing a FS at 6 months) but you can get infertility treatment for next to nothing...I only got up until 'diagnosis,' once I started clomid it was all on me=(

a1b2c3, what do you mean by 'testing day'? Definitely a nice trick you used to get seen earlier. There are definitely pro's and con's to each health system. I can get into see anyone I want, when I want (I started seeing a FS at 6 months) but you can get infertility treatment for next to nothing...I only got up until 'diagnosis,' once I started clomid it was all on me=(

I meant as in, do you have a cycle day that you test to see if you are pg? As in like day 35 or something? Has you doctor suggested any?

When we first started I used to test ALL THE TIME!!! Now, I dont' see the point. I have been doing a test every 2 1/2 months just in case.... but now i'm on chlomid, i kind of thinking about testing again? I know if I'm not I'll just get a period, but I don't know.... I think i'd just want to know sooner rather than later. Does that make any sense? lol.

@a1b2c3: oh, now I get it, lol...well, I I have to go to the doc's 16 days after the trigger shot, so about 15 days after O, for a blood pg test. But last month I tested every day for 3 days prior, all bfn =( I think it was the newfound hope that clomid gave me, cause I was on the same boat at you...I hadn't used a pg test for probably at least 6 months before. I didn't see the point in spending the $. At the moment though I am going to keep testing before the doc tests because I don't want to get the bad news and possibly break down crying in the doc's office. But I'm going to buy some online in bulk, they're so much cheaper!

Hi there! My timing is exectly the same as yours, I take clomid cd2-6 and I took my first tablet on the 20th so on cd8 now, its my 2nd round so hope it works this time! X

Hi there I'm exactly the same as you! I take clomid cd2-6 and I started them on the 20th, I'm on my 2nd cycle and praying to god it works x

Opps dint think my first post worked lol x

hey just wondered how everyone was getting on? I have been taking my opk's, but no positives yet. :( I am cd12.

I have the feeling it is not going to make me O, and so am already looking forward to round 2. Am I just being impatient?

hey just wondered how everyone was getting on? I have been taking my opk's, but no positives yet. :( I am cd12.

I have the feeling it is not going to make me O, and so am already looking forward to round 2. Am I just being impatient?

We're pretty close, I'm cd10. It's possible you're being impatient, don't loose hope, and keep BD'ing just in case. I didn't get a +OPK on round 1 until the night of cd14, then I BD'ed on that night and the next 2.

Phoenix your the second person who has mentioned cd 14 to me so hopefully it will happen. I think it's because I have had two faint lines and now back to nothing again..... It's so annoying!

I am on CD 11, no +Opk yet. I am a bit anxious due to the fact that on CD 16&17 I will be out of town for work. I usually don't O until CD 18 but doc said it could be sooner. now I am praying I O a LOT sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->