Finally ttc #3!

Kaymumof2

Reaction score
So as my header says we are officially ttc #3! Can hardly believe I'm saying it!
Abit about me : I am 33 so is DH we have DD who's 12 and DS who's 10. DS has special needs so we have spent alot of time dedicated to him and his sister. I had a miscarriage at 7wks before having DD and another miscarriage when DS was 4 at 5wks. We haven't tried since then due to DS situation and housing. We were back and fourth trying to get him diagnosed etc it was a stressful time and didn't seem an ideal time to bring a baby in to it. But we always wanted another. The feeling never went away.
At the end of 2017 DH and I, had decided to ttc#3 we were planning on moving 60 miles away to the coast and to a bigger house so thought we'd get the ball rolling with ttc! However just as we had been trying 1 cycle, my mum was diagnosed with cancer and I halted ttc and moving so I could focus on her. Fast forward 8 months, we still have not moved and mum now has 2 different types of cancer. But I have PCOS and have never found ttc easy. I do have a period every month but never fall easy. And I feel if I struggled in my early 20s then I undoubtedly will now I'm older! Plus my period lengths are abit all over the place the last few months. So cue panic settling in that I may not ever conceive again and having the regret of not trying again. After alot of talking with DH who originally wanted to wait until we move before we try but as I was terrified of it being too late by then he has agreed to try now! So here we are! Cycle 1 CD 9. Going to start using opks and see how I go with them.
Apologies for the long post! Would love some ttc buddies if anyone would like to join me! Anybody else want another child so badly but also terrified? I mean the age gap is huge between my kids and new baby. Starting all again. I'm excited but nervous! I know I'll regret it if I dont give it a shot, so here goes!

Good luck to all you ladies! X

Hello Kay!

I definitely don't think it is too late. Lost of people get pregnant in their 30s. Pcos may make it more challenging but not impossible. My friend has pcos and with help of her doctor conceived.

I am also ttc #3. I have a 4 year old (DS) and a 1 year old (DD). I had a mc with my very first pregnancy. Then I was lucky enough to conceive my DS the first month of trying. After I have birth to him (emergency C-section)I immediately became very ill. I caught a nasty bacteria infection in hospital with him that was resistant to all medicines. I was in ICU for a month and in and out of the hospital for about a year. I ended up with 6 major cut you open surgeries and was told I would probably not be able to have children due to scar tissue.

Then after several months of trying, I got pregnant with my daughter and had a successful VBAC.

Anyway, I'm also in my mid 30s and know that if I want a large family..... Go time is now. Lol

I used to have very regular periods however lately they have been anything but regular. I stopped breastfeeding about 6 months ago and my period have been all over the place since I stopped.

Presently, I'm in the tww. My fingers are crossed that I'm already pregnant. Lol.

Hello, hubby and I are also trying for num3 this was our second month and nothing has happened yet, I’m starting to think I may have left it too late too. My kids are 5 and 4 and I’m 32 so wanting to complete our family soon. My periods are all over the place now too they were so good for soo long until we started ttc :/ I recently spent 2years loosing a lot of weight mangaged to loose 32kg’s hoping that would help make things easier but now I need to figure out ovulation and timing.

Nice to meet some others in similar situation to me xx

Sending good vibes your way Bella12

Hello Kay!

I definitely don't think it is too late. Lost of people get pregnant in their 30s. Pcos may make it more challenging but not impossible. My friend has pcos and with help of her doctor conceived.

I am also ttc #3. I have a 4 year old (DS) and a 1 year old (DD). I had a mc with my very first pregnancy. Then I was lucky enough to conceive my DS the first month of trying. After I have birth to him (emergency C-section)I immediately became very ill. I caught a nasty bacteria infection in hospital with him that was resistant to all medicines. I was in ICU for a month and in and out of the hospital for about a year. I ended up with 6 major cut you open surgeries and was told I would probably not be able to have children due to scar tissue.

Then after several months of trying, I got pregnant with my daughter and had a successful VBAC.

Anyway, I'm also in my mid 30s and know that if I want a large family..... Go time is now. Lol

I used to have very regular periods however lately they have been anything but regular. I stopped breastfeeding about 6 months ago and my period have been all over the place since I stopped.

Presently, I'm in the tww. My fingers are crossed that I'm already pregnant. Lol.

Hi Bella!
Thank you so much for your reply!

Wow! You really went through a tough time! So glad you got through it and had your 2 little miracles! I was also told when I was 18 that having kids would be difficult for me. It took time but I got them! I guess my fear is if I struggled all those years ago what chance doI have now? But it really helps when I come on here and people offer support and share stories. Makes you feel connected you know? I really hope your periods settle down soon. I think when you breastfeed and stop it throws everything off for awhile.
Oooh tww! I wish you all the luck in the world and I'll keep everything crossed that you get your bfp! Pleasd keep me posted!

Hello, hubby and I are also trying for num3 this was our second month and nothing has happened yet, I’m starting to think I may have left it too late too. My kids are 5 and 4 and I’m 32 so wanting to complete our family soon. My periods are all over the place now too they were so good for soo long until we started ttc :/ I recently spent 2years loosing a lot of weight mangaged to loose 32kg’s hoping that would help make things easier but now I need to figure out ovulation and timing.

Nice to meet some others in similar situation to me xx

Sending good vibes your way Bella12

Hi there! Nice to meet you too!

I feel the same about leaving it too late but as people have been saying it does happen just need to stay positive! Although I know how hard it is to remain positive when af shows every month! Periods always seem to do that when you start tracking cycles! Almost like they know we want to pinpoint exact dates so they mess up on purpose! Maybe because we stress more about things when ttc it throws them off a little?
Congratulations and a huge well done for the weight loss! You should be proud of yourself! I have also started using opks. But if not successful after a couple of months I'm going to try temping

Hey Kay,

Definitely agree that it is better to have support and hear stories.

Xxenssial thanks! Congrats on weight lose!

Sending good vibes, baby dust and support during your journey.

My period is due today and it certainly feels like it's on it's way. Bfn this AM and lost of cramps.

Hey Kay,

Definitely agree that it is better to have support and hear stories.

Xxenssial thanks! Congrats on weight lose!

Sending good vibes, baby dust and support during your journey.

My period is due today and it certainly feels like it's on it's way. Bfn this AM and lost of cramps.

Awww I hope the witch stays away for you and you get a bfp later or tomorrow!

Afm I'm still waiting to o. Hopefully it will happen sometime over the weekend

Thanks! No AF yet but another bfn this am. Still feels like period is on the way. My first pregnancy, I felt nothing. I didn't feel sick or like my period was coming and I got my bfp the day of my missed period. With my DD. I started puking 5 days before my period was due and I took a test and it came back positive instantly.

So odds are not in my favor this time. Time will tell. Maybe I don't have my dates right since my period has been so irregular.

I'm excited for you! Ovulating on a weekend is good too if you are off of work. How often have you dtd leading up to ovulation?

Thanks! No AF yet but another bfn this am. Still feels like period is on the way. My first pregnancy, I felt nothing. I didn't feel sick or like my period was coming and I got my bfp the day of my missed period. With my DD. I started puking 5 days before my period was due and I took a test and it came back positive instantly.

So odds are not in my favor this time. Time will tell. Maybe I don't have my dates right since my period has been so irregular.

I'm excited for you! Ovulating on a weekend is good too if you are off of work. How often have you dtd leading up to ovulation?
You never know though! Every pregnancy is different with dd i felt sick, crampy like af was coming. But it didn't and with ds I felt no symptoms at all. Was so shocked to find I was pregnant lol keep testing! I really hope you get your bfp!

I know my tests are so close to being positive! I'm hoping it will be when I next test but i check am and pm anyway. We have been dtd every other night but last 2 nights in row. I get confused because by the time we get round to dtd it's usually like 1am in the morning so I never know what day to count that I've dtd on :haha: how about you?

Lol. We dtd every other day for the most part. I never put much thought into what day to count it as. Lol. I think I usually count it the day before because it's not tomorrow until I go to bed. Lol. Not sure how to put that to words.

Lol. We dtd every other day for the most part. I never put much thought into what day to count it as. Lol. I think I usually count it the day before because it's not tomorrow until I go to bed. Lol. Not sure how to put that to words.

Lol I know what you mean. I just never quite know when to say we've done it. As it does usuaully tend to happen from midnight. Like it 2am today (sorry tmi) 😂😂 got my positive opk just now so thats a relief. How are you doing?

Still getting bfn and still no period. Since I didn't chart or anything. I don't know where I ovulated. Lol. Fun times. Can't wait for something to happen period or bfp. Lol

Still getting bfn and still no period. Since I didn't chart or anything. I don't know where I ovulated. Lol. Fun times. Can't wait for something to happen period or bfp. Lol

Really? Wow it's definitely keeping you in limbo! Hope you get an answer one way or another soon. Preferably a bfp lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->