Finding a heartbeat

UniqueBeauty

3 beautiful children
Reaction score
:wave:

I have a Sonoline B and I still haven't found a heartbeat, I know it's early days still but I've tried every few days as the baby is growing fast but nope.

What's the earliest you have found a heartbeat with your doppler? :flower:

I couldn't find mine today at 9wks 1day. I also have a sonoline b. I found mine thats all.

i deffo wouldnt expect you to pick it up in week 6. Min they recommend on products is 10w i think that is most realistic to follow.
However saying that ive seen many say theyve found it at week 8/9, but again i wouldnt try till 10.

I found this baby at about 10w1d im a larger girl. Good luck

My doc said 8.5 weeks at the earliest. Which panned out, I found mine at 8.3

Thank you, I think I'll pack it away for another week and a half lol x

Found mine at 7.5 weeks. But this is my 3rd baby so maybe that changes things.

At 6wks the baby is still measuring under a centimeter. If you had a scan, it'd be an internal one, since going over your abdomen would be likely not to work (even with the high-tech scan equipment at the doctor/hospital). So there is no way you'll find it on a home doppler.

Give it at least two weeks. And even then it depends on how big you are, where the baby is, where your uterus is, and just sheer luck.

Most midwives won't even try before you're about 12wks simply because they may not find a heartbeat, which will obviously freak you out.

I thought I might get lucky because at my 6 week scan with my little boy we saw the heartbeat which wasn't internal. I'll definitely wait to try now :flower:

I have a tilted uterus and haven't found mine at 10w5d.

I tried at about 8 weeks and got nothing. Tried again at 9+ 3 and found it!

I have solonine b and didn't find mine til almost 15 weeks with dd!! And I'm really thin. Dr says I have a deep pelvis....so sometimes it just depends on the person. Also if you have a tilted uterus it takes much longer to pick up. Either way though, I think 10 weeks is more then norm, but some people are sooner and some later!

Our midwife finally found baby at 10+3, she warned us before looking that it was still early so not to be surprised if we didn't hear it. Having a full bladder definitely helps us find baby faster, as miserable as pushing around on that is:haha:

I just tend to do it when I'm bored lol I hate having to push so hard :dohh: I'm going to wait another week and see if I can find it then :) x

I love seeing the fruits change! DH felt silly comparing baby to a prune:haha: Tomorrow we'll graduate to a lime :)

Found it at 8w6d! My advice is watch youtube videos to see where to put the dopes, and learn how to recognise the sound of babys heart. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->