• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Finding motivatation

HearMyPrayers

Reaction score
So I was 140lbs when I got married (2 yrs ago) and now I'm 162 :cry: I'm 5'7" so its not so bad but I can see and feel the extra weight. Its affecting my sex life with DH, its affecting my overall feelings about myself. But I can't seem to find the motivation to do something about it. I'm so lazy and I can't shake it. Not to mention the last 2 times I tried to work out I sprained my ankle (Jilliam Michaels Boot Camp :blush:) I let that heal then I sprained my shoulder muscle when I went back at it lol. So clearly I'm going to hard too fast but now I'm just at a loss to try and get back into it.

:shrug: what to do?!?!

Im just going to throw out some things that's have helps me with motivation. :)

Motivation needs to come from inspiration that really speaks to you. Try not to focus so much on your appearance and start focusing on "getting healthy." The best way to get motivated is to start writing or saying positive affirmations to yourself, such as "if I strive for health, my physique will reflect it!" And start motivating others (in person or on forums like this) using these inspiring sayings. You will find that saying them will clouds out any negative things that you have to say about yourself. Find what gets you excited about getting healthy and write down exactly how you feel when you get excited! This way you can read it when you lose motivation to remind you of why you started on the first place.

Also, I signed up for My fitness pal (at www.myfitnesspal.com) and posted on their introduction thread about wanting some motivating friends. I found A TON of wonderful people that have been motivating me. Try doing this and see if it works for you!

My fitness pal also is great for tracking calories that you eat and calories that you burn from exercising, so when your ready you should look into doing this as well!

Try creating a blog about your journey to a healthier you and having others read it. This will give you a sense of responsibly over your workouts bevause you know that others are holding you accountable! This is also another great way to get in contact with people who will help you stay motivated.

I hope one of my ideas works for you! Motivation van be extremely hard to hold on to, but you can do it! If you need a buddy to motivate you I am a pretty good motivator and will be here for you when you need someone to talk to.

Oh, also you need to really start slower if you are hurting yourself!

Start with baby steps! Make it a goal to go for a 30 minute walk three days a week for one month, and then work up to 4 days a week, then 5 days! Then start moving it up to 45 minute walks and so in and so forth. Once you establish a routine and managing to find the time five days a week to workout, look into doing more strenuous exercises, such as light weight lifting (like with 5 lbs weight at frist) or the 30 day shed.

It will be a slow process as first with hardly any results, but if you stick with it, it will condition your body to start firming up your muscles and burning off fat. :)

In the words of Marty McFly from back to the future, "You can do anything you put your mind to!"

Thank you!! I love all your ideas!

I weighed 192 lbs about 4 yrs ago and I one day I just stopped feeling sorry for myself and went hardcore with the diet and exercise and lost 52 pounds in 6 mths. I did it healthy, no crash dieting just healthy eating and exercise cut out all sugars, and junk foods and the weight literally fell off. I'm so scared of getting back to 192 it scares me sooo much! I was not a happy person then.

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas! I'm feeling motivation stir up a little!

I'm so glad to hear that your motivating is stirring up! Keep that feeling alive an feed into it. Another thing that was helpful for me was reading other people's dieting Journals on here and seeing how successful they are with it (preferably one with lots of pictures!). It truely is inspiring to see some womens weight loss who stick with a healthy lifestyle.

Here's a cool article as well that may help: https://expanded--consciousness.blogspot.com/2013/11/words-can-change-your-brain.html?m=1

thank you! Your so helpful! Its hard especially during winter and the holidays but the weight isn't going to fall off on its own lol! so I need to get serious about this! My main motivation is when DH and I are ready to attempt our first IUI I'd like to healthier. I feel if my body is cleaner on the inside and I don't have excessive weight that it will help our changes at IUI being successful. So I'm really going to use that as my motivation right now. Getting baby ready!

I know exactly what you mean about things getting harder in the winter. I get what is known as SAD, seasonal affective disorder, which pretty much is depression because it is cold and gloomy outside and you don't get as much of that good old vitamin D from the sun. This greatly affects my motivation! It is also typically SUPER cold in the winter so I don't want to go outside for my morning walks/runs because of it. You have to work around the whether I think sometimes. I will go on my walks when its bearable outside, but most cold days I just do a workout video in the house where its warm and I can actually work up a sweat.

I think it is great goal to want to be healthier on the inside and out to help your chances with IUI. That is just wonderful! :happydance:

There is plenty of solutions for winter work outs I just have plenty of excuses to not do them! lol

I think I'm going to give myself a fair shot and let the holidays pass then get started. But I real feel like its time for a change again :)

That's probably a good idea. Set yourself an exact date in the spring that will be a good time for you to start and put it on your calender!

One thing I found helped me was sticking a calendar on the wall. And every time I exercised or ate healthy, I would high light it. And it really did work.

Eventually for myself. Exercise became a habit and I enjoyed it. My real battle was food. Junk food.

Although the past 4 months have been wobbly months. Come January I'm starting my fitness and diet again.

I also found motivation quotes empowering! Like these https://www.wordsonimages.com/categories/Health-Fitness-Tips-Quotes-Images?page=120

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->