• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

finding out and telling parents...

baby9

Reaction score
Just curious as to how everybody told their parents and how did they react?

My story:

Well I was super paranoid about becoming pregnant and I was on the pill. I had a friend who gave birth...and didn't even know she was pregnant! Ahe still had periods, had no bump or symptoms etc. That made me cr*p myself so I tested every month without fail, even if I got my period!

OH had just moved away to uni (an hour or so on the train) and I was starting at the same uni but the campus down the road so I stayed living at home with my mum and sister.

Second day of uni and I took a test in the morning expecting it to be negative...well there was a second line. A faint one but a line none the less! That day at uni was hard. I knew nobody to talk to and didn't tell OH straight away as it wasn't very dark. I took a second test when Ibgot home and it was positive, no mistaking it. So I got into bed a cried, sent OH a text asking him to call.

OH got the next train home and I picked him up from the station. We were both in total shock but he took it a lot better than I did if I'm honest. We spent the evening just talking in my car as we had nowhere to go as our parents would question why he was home. I dropped him off at a mates and went home to bed.

Next day I dragged myself to uni but couldn't concentrate so left at 11am to see OH. Again we just sat in my car wondering how it happened and what we were going to do. OH said it was completely my choice and he'd support me regardless but he didn't really agrew with abortion.

Around 4pm i droppwd him at his and left him to tell his mum. She was angry, upset, disappointed as expected. She accused me of planning it and told OH she thought we should get rid. OH asked me to come over and we had another chat. I then went home and burst into tears. I blurted it out to my mum and sister. We all sat down and my mum made a brew. That was pretty much it. We talked about what OH and I wanted to do etc and my mum was supportive.

So that's my whole story. Interested to read everyone else's :D

My story's fairly run of the mill I'm afraid :p missed a period so my partner bought a test, I let him read it so he found out before me :) we told my Mum first, well told her we had some news, she guessed straight away and congratulated us :) I'm glad everyone was excited that we were bringing the two families together by starting a new generation :D

I was already 19 with my first, but my partner had not long turned 16. (We were 20 and 17 respectively after the birth)
Strangely, it was MY parents that were 'disappointed'.
I guess it was kind of the nail in the coffin to them after I dropped out of college in favor of a £200 a week retail job. (Bare in mind, in high school I was apparently in the "Top 5% in The Country" category for IQ but hated the entire education system)
They came around though, and once the decisions were made they supported me throughout. Now they fight constantly as to which family gets to look after Zane this week or next etc.

My OHs mum was the shocked kind of disappointed, but this took all of... 1 day.. to change to full on happiness and joy lol

Now, 3 years later we are expecting number 2... the reactions have been exactly the same =S

I have yet to tell mine.. Scared haha.

Well, i missed my period and i told OH. I got a test, took it while he waited outside. I was in a state of mild shock when i walked out and handed him the test and we just sat there staring at it for a while on my bed. We kept it a secret for about 3 weeks then we told my parents who were dissappointed but supportive, next day went to tell OH's parents who were so angry that they kicked him out. hes lived with us ever since, and we didnt talk to them until we got engaged.

It awesome reading these. Kind of prepares me for what's in store for me. :) Lol I haven't told my parents yet, I want to wait til after 12/13 weeks. But i'm so so scared :/

Okay so I'm 16 and not with the baby's daddy anymore.. I missed my period and just felt weird.. I didn't even take a test yet but I went to my mom, and told her I think I might be pregnant.. She was shocked and we literally didn't speak for a week until she came to me one day in my room and said she thinks its time we go and find out whether she's getting a grandchild or not.. I felt relieved that we were talking again! So we went to the doctor the next week and needless to say, there was a little baby in there! She started crying which made me cry..I'm now 20 weeks and we're both super excited to meet my little man :D (yes, it's a boy) .. Things actually couldn't be better!<3

Well, I kinda have three stories for you then.

My first pregnancy was strange... My then fiance (now DH) came home for leave, and we had to have concieved his first night home, as my period was do the next day.. Only me things like this happen to I swear. This was May 31st btw. On June 19th, I took a test, and got a digital smack in the face. Ken was a bit shocked, as he kind of thought his MOS and work with radiation had left him infertile. LMAO. My mom was the first person I told. She was just kind of like, "youll get through it." The next day, I told my dad, (it was my birthday, by the way).. He was a bit shocked by instantly supportive. He went out and bought me flowers, and gave me a hug. My stepmom, FLIPPED SHIT, and refused to talk to me. That pregnancy end in a mmc at 12+4. (aug 27)

Ken came home for good October 5th.. We had decided less then a week later to just "let things happen".. I had yet another :bfp: on NOVEMBER 5TH. Again, my dad was supportive, stepmom flipped, and my mom said "I thought you learned your lesson!!" Everyone came around, and they adore my daughter now.

This time around, we told his parents together, who were both excited.. MY mom was disappointed, which yet again makes no sense as Ken and I have been married two years, have been living on our own since I was 13 weeks with our daughter, and dont even reside in our home state anymore...? And my dad would have been excited..but he passed away in 2011

My mum has never taken any of my three pregnancies well. My first, I told my mum face to face and she called me all sorts of things, telling me I should 'get rid' etc - I had already moved out with my partner for 6 months - she told my dad, who didnt speak to me for a few days but was fine when we finally did speak. OHs family were excited.

Second I told them in a letter. Mum text saying "okay thanks for letting me know" and when I saw her she yet shrugged and said it wouldn't change my life much...dad congratulated us.

Third, I told my dad when me and mum were arguing, he supported me and he told mum.

Well, I was about a week late for my period and FREAKED because we'd only been together 4 months at the time :dohh: So we took a test and it was positive, woke up the next day and I'd MC'd. We both told our mums that we'd lost a baby and they where upset for us which I found a bit shocking.

We both decided to just not plan but not prevent and see what happened... the next month I got a BFP and 38 weeks later my DS was born. I remember my OH was in the bath and my mum was downstairs and I kind of ran in to them both waving around this pregnancy test saying " I'm PREGNANT " they where both in such shock they just said "urrrm.... right,ok" :haha: Everyone was all "don't get your hopes up too much" after the MC but everything was fine!

This time we'd had a rough patch that resulted in us splitting up for 2 months, it destroyed us both and we where more than determined that we'd be together forever and have 20 kids and everything so I had my implant removed and 2 months later.... BFP. My mum was ecstatic, his mum... not so much. But now everyone knows she's a Girl and it's 13 weeks until she gets here they've all got used to the idea and everyone is super happy about it now.

Nobody can be mad when there is a gorgeous little squidy baby to cuddle.

I found out after I missed my second period (Quite iregular so i didn't worry about the first) but when I missed the second I took a pregnancy test and it came up positive I told OH the next day and he was great about it.

Havn't Told my mum yet (At my Dads) but the first person I told was my stepmum who was really suportive and told me to ring OH and have us sit down with my Dad and we had a calm descussion about it and after that he was just like Well Congratulations" :happydance:

My OH is 26, so his parents were not surprised at all. They only said maybe this isn't what's right for us right now, but they were never intrusive, so I didn't expect anything different. My parents weren't thrilled at first, but now are rather happy.

Well, I was on BCP but having breakthrough bleeding the whole time, so my BF and I decided to go off it, considering I have 1 natural period a year and my exhusband and i didn't use any protection for 3 years. That was the week before Christmas. I started feeling pregnant a few weeks after New Years. I went through 6 pregnancy tests before I gave up and figured it was due to coming off the pill. The day I took the last test is my "conception date" based off my due date. I never had a period after coming off my birth control, so my LMP dates were way off. The day I found out I was pregnant was the day after my ex's dog had mauled my precious cat, who was literally like a child to me. Funny how things happen that way.

Anyways, so basically I had to tell my mother, who told me as soon as I started dating my BF not to get pregnant. It was the hardest conversation I've ever had in my life, but she was totally cool and supportive. I'm really glad I talked to her, because I had doubted every decision made up to that point. Granted, we knew getting pregnant was a real possibility, but we did not expect to get pregnant in the first cycle.

We got lucky, and everyone in our families have been great. His grandma was a little heartbroken at first, and insisted we get married, but she's turned her attitude around. We are willing to get married, but not for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->