Finding out the gender?

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
So, we stayed team yellow with my son (because my husband wanted to) and had a fairly tramatic birth, so finding out he was a boy at birth was not a beautiful moment, but more a relief.
This time I'd like to find out early but DH still doesn't. He says if we do he'd want to keep it a secret from other people and find out close to the birth so we don't have a lot of time to accidentally spill the beans and "pre-name" the baby and such. I really love how we named our son on a whim, like the name just came to us. It wasn't even on our list we had.
So, I'm on the fence. He has a good point but I don't think I have the self control to wait again..
I also think it would be better to prepare our son for either a brother or sister and not "surprise" him. My friend says her son cried because he wanted a sister but got a brother..

We are going to stay team yellow for this pregnancy, its our third! We have two boys already. I can't wait to find out in the operating room (I'll have a csection) and that amazing moment.

Now I just have to stay strong for the upcoming appts!

We're 10 weeks as well!

I can't do it. I would love to be able to but I need to know so I can decorate things and buy stuff that isn't just cream/white/green/yellow.

Not only that, my son is desperate for a sister and if it turns out to be a boy... I'd like him to have some time to get over that and get used to the idea.

The surprise though must be amazing and I'll always wonder what that must feel like.

We have done it both ways, didn't know with our first but accidentally found out with our son at our scan (couldn't miss the third leg iykwim ;) haha). I much prefer not knowing, the surprise at the end is just amazing. My husband/our families want to find out and give our children some time to adjust to the idea but whichever flavour this baby is one will be disappointed. I'm taking a punt that they will be much happier/more accepting when they can see the baby as I know they will both be excited for the arrival (and will hopefully care less about the gender!). My husband is happy to respect my wishes as its just very important to me but everyone is different, just do what is best for you/your family x

I'd love to be someone who can just wait and see but I just am not. I need to know in order to be organised - in every sense.

I'm the type of person that needs to have all the information possible about something so I'll be finding out. I found out with my daughter too, but we kept her name a secret until she was born. Aside from each other, she was the first person we spoke her name aloud to. I held her and said "Hello Willow" after she was born, and that was pretty special. We'd known her name for months, but until that moment we were the only people in the world that did.

Maybe suggest something like that to your husband? We're going to do that again.

We are finding out in 3 weeks. Oh didn't want to but we doscussed it and have agreed we would and then leave it up to family to say whether they want to know or not.

We stayed team yellow last time because I wanted to. This time we've found out because hubby really wanted to know last time and this time. I thought it was only fair we did my way last time so this one we do his way.

We will find out for sure but we will not be telling the kids. DS1 wants a sister, DS2 wan't a brother, DS3 is only 10 months so he won't care either way. Our niece wants a girl because she's surrounded by boys and our nephew wants a boy. Either way, someone is going to be upset so no one will be finding out until baby is born and the first people who will be finding out are our own children. I am not accepting any visitors in the first 24-48 hours unless it's hubby and the kids as I'm going to be too damn exhausted and going to want to sleep and bond. Anything we get for baby in sex colors will be put away so it can't be seen and I will sort out when I get home after the birth - and that includes making up the crib.

I wanted to go team yellow this time but caved when I had a chance to find out from my NIPT. In a way I regret it because this was my last pregnancy and now I'll never know what it's like to be surprised at the birth. But it was helpful to know it was a second boy. I knew I'd convince myself it was a girl and my family members would probably lean girl since we have fewer girls than boys and some of them were probably secretly hoping for a girl. I found out and it gave us all time to get excited for a boy. I have no idea if people really do feel gender disappointment at the birth or if you're just so excited to meet the baby, but I was worried. I got over any disappointment in a day or two and I was able to have a really happy pregnancy, and everyone was sweet and supportive about my boy. It worked out for us, but I still admire the people with the will power to wait!

I'm a planner so I definitely want to find out. I think if we had one of each we would wait to find out but since we have 2 girls if this turns out to be a boy I want to be prepared for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->