Finding out the sex

We'd find out the gender as soon as we can. I figure giving birth will be enough excitment for one day! We probably won't pick the name until it's born though, so that's not really an issue.

I thought exactly that with Savannah Vesta. I loved knowing and giving birth was a great excitement and suprise :)

We will find out with our next bub. It will be baby #2. We found out with Hunter, I wanted everything to be ready and I wanted gender specific stuff and not neutral. If we have a girl next time, then any baby after that (we want 4 altogather) will be a suprise since we will have one of each. We are still keeping the names to ourself, and we already have them picked out.

OH said he doesn't mind either way but I will definitely want to know the sex. I want to get my head around whether I am having a little girl or a little boy. I definitely want to know!!

hmmmm. I have always thought I wouldn't want to find out. I really want a girl, and recently DH has said he'd like girls too, and so I'd be worried that if I found out I was having a boy, I'd be disappointed. However, if we don't find out and then it's a boy, then I'm hardly going to be disappointed when he's there in the flesh. I hope that makes sense?!

The only downside to this is the lack of ability to plan. I am such a planner I'd love to have everything in the right colour beforehand... but then everyone will buy coloured clothes as presents, so that's not that bad. Plus, shopping trip!

Hmm, I'm staying team yellow I think.

As for names, we will definitely be keeping them to ourselves.

hmmmm. I have always thought I wouldn't want to find out. I really want a girl, and recently DH has said he'd like girls too, and so I'd be worried that if I found out I was having a boy, I'd be disappointed. However, if we don't find out and then it's a boy, then I'm hardly going to be disappointed when he's there in the flesh. I hope that makes sense?!

The only downside to this is the lack of ability to plan. I am such a planner I'd love to have everything in the right colour beforehand... but then everyone will buy coloured clothes as presents, so that's not that bad. Plus, shopping trip!

Hmm, I'm staying team yellow I think.

As for names, we will definitely be keeping them to ourselves.

Thats what i'm looking forward to- shopping for clothes. I wanted to find out with Savannah for the same reason- I wanted everything ready and perfect for her when she came.

I'm kinda torn on this! I keep thinking it would be much more fun not knowing the sex of our baby until it's born, but then I get to thinking about how much easier it makes it knowing if you're having a boy or girl. So right now I don't know! I think I'll let the hubby decide when it happens. :rofl:

I know someone that doesn't want to know, she is pregnant. But her OH did want to know so found out. She didn't mind. He has managed to not let it slip out for the moment...but how tempting would that be! If that was me, I would have spilled the beans by now! :dohh:

Dibmo, I'm surprised at how much we have in common, hehe. I also want it to be a surprise and was thinking of buying yellow, white, green, orange and blue for it to be just fine for both genders. I really would like a girl first and my DH says since his little sister was born 12 years ago, he thinks a girl is just as fun as a boy.
On the other hand it does make me feel excited to think of calling my bump by it's name, which doesn't let us have much time to think... But as the hearing is the first sense to develop, I think hearing it's own special name makes it know we're talking to it...
But for the moment I'm sticking to surprise, even though DH wants to know. Although I can't promise I won't change my mind finding out I'm pregnant of baby#1...

Wow! My OH was thinking we should get my mum to find out so she can get us some clothes ready, lol. I think I would just beg and plead if something like that happened.

Wow! My OH was thinking we should get my mum to find out so she can get us some clothes ready, lol. I think I would just beg and plead if something like that happened.

Exactly! lol Either no-one finds out or we both do. OH knows that I am boss in this situation, so if I want to know, we both will. lol

Yeah, also if I did that then theirs no point at keeping it a secret. I think if anyone has to know it would be us first otherwise it's no surprise to everyone. Also I'm an only child and I doubt my mum would stay quiet with the thrill of it all... (She gave me a pair of doll shoes on my wedding day!!) Also my MIL loves a bit of gossip and I've checked secrets aren't kept...

Exactly! lol Either no-one finds out or we both do. OH knows that I am boss in this situation, so if I want to know, we will both will. lol
:rofl:
We're so alike. When I was pg with Savannah, at our 20wk u/s I said to him- 'Are you find out or are u leaving the room?' lol.
Needless to say he stayed in the room.

I think my DH will let me decide, he usually gives in when I want something... Such a sweetheart!!

Exactly! lol Either no-one finds out or we both do. OH knows that I am boss in this situation, so if I want to know, we will both will. lol
We're so alike. When I was pg with Savannah, at our 20wk u/s I said to him- 'Are you find out or are u leaving the room?' lol.
Needless to say he stayed in the room.

Being a MEGA geriatric at 43....I really need to get my head around whether I am having a boy or a girl. I don't want any surprises. Not at my old age! I might keel over with the shock! :rofl:

Oh come on, don't you know us women have the power to start counting backwards whenever we feel it's apropiate?? Anyhow I respect people who want to plan in advance...

Dibmo, I'm surprised at how much we have in common, hehe. I also want it to be a surprise and was thinking of buying yellow, white, green, orange and blue for it to be just fine for both genders. I really would like a girl first and my DH says since his little sister was born 12 years ago, he thinks a girl is just as fun as a boy.
On the other hand it does make me feel excited to think of calling my bump by it's name, which doesn't let us have much time to think... But as the hearing is the first sense to develop, I think hearing it's own special name makes it know we're talking to it...
But for the moment I'm sticking to surprise, even though DH wants to know. Although I can't promise I won't change my mind finding out I'm pregnant of baby#1...

Wow, it really is quite uncanny how similar we are.

I've been thinking of this and I came up with a reason why I wouldn't want to find out with no' 1, but would with no'2, but then managed to turn it around and now I don't know either way:wacko::laugh2: No, I still want to not find out, but that's now. Who knows what I'll think when I actually get there.

This is something my hubby and I have gone back and forth on as sometimes I think I would want to know and other times I think I wouldn't! I think most likely I won't find out, but I do think it will be a decision made on the day! We have names for both already! :) but if we do find out I wouldn't want to tell anyone else and certainly wouldn't be telling the names x

I have a friend at work that found out as soon as she could and that same day they chose a name for her so it's Mariela and she's told everyone and cross-stiched it on every piece of cloth in her house... (Because she's on sick leave and has tonnes of time)... I still think I want it to be a surprise for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->