Finding out the truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzyspells

Mia & Finnlays Mummy.xxx
Reaction score
Just curious really,my niece who is 5(She has been sworn to secrecy) knows the secret of Santa but my daughter who is 6 still believes and obv want to keep it that way aslong as possible but I am very aware that maybe next yr she will find out from school etc.:cry:

What age did your kids find out,did you tell them or did they find out from another source.

I was about 8 I think when I found out from a friend at primary school whos brother had told her all about it!

I do however still believe!!:blush::happydance:

I cant remember my age when i stopped believing...(more to the point, was told.)

I know my brothers and sisters were around the 9 mark though.

but when they turn around n say mummy i no santas not real you will have 2 make up a magical story lol

5 or 6 i was when parents told me santa wasnt real

I reckon the average age for finding out is about 9.....seems alot of my family and friends found out at that age.IF she does find out and you want her to carry on believing just ask her who brings the presents then?and carry on as if you really believe x

Well, my older kids are 6 1/2 and 8.

I think this may be the last year my 8 year old will believe as she's already starting to wonder. A few kids at school have told her there is no Santa, and then an incident last year with wrapping paper.

And, I've a feeling that she will recognize my handwriting on all the tags this year.

As for my 6 1/2 year old, a child at school told him there was no Santa. He still believes though. But, once my daughter figures it out, Jayden will know the truth too.

i don't remember finding out, but like you, me and mum have always carried on 'believing' x

Dan knew for a long time but was smart enough not to say anything to me !!!! lol I think he found out in school when he was about 6-7 but continued to "pretend" he believed for another 2 years until I asked him something one day and he slipped up, he said he knew I got his dvd in HMV then he went no sorry Santa got my dvd but he had that look on his face !!!!! when he finally did say, he told me he had know for a long time but wanted to keep getting presents !!! crafty little bugger. He is almost 12 now and this year he has said on a few occasions I wish nobody had told me about Santa its not the same :( it breaks my heart :(

My mum kindly told me when i was 9...i was devastated.
My daughter was 9, but caught me.
Jake is 5 and is totally believes hes real, and Nieves to young x

My oldest is 6, almost 7 and still believes, I hope he does forever lol...I'm going to be really sad when they dont' anymore :(

I will be sad when they don't believe either. However, nice that I have some years to go with Chase. Yet, I am sure he will find out much earlier than my other two because of them. LOL

You can always say "As long as you believe, there will always be a Santa."

i think i was bout 7 uknow my bro told me, and uknow wot i thought he was lying !! "wish he was" !! xzx

What the !!!!:cry:

you girls are crazy!

no santa tut!

whats next? your gonna tell me the easter bunny ain't real either!:growlmad:

I think I was around 5 when I found out santa wasn't real:cry::haha:

What the !!!!:cry:

you girls are crazy!

no santa tut!

whats next? your gonna tell me the easter bunny ain't real either!:growlmad:

Of course there is Santa and the Easter Bunny!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance:

I'm just losing the plot!!:winkwink:

He he!!!x

my brother is 9 and i think he figured it out last year that santa wasn't real, but still plays along as my mum tells him that if you don't believe then santa dosen't bring you presents (like santa sack in the night, not presents under the tree cos that would just be mean)

I was around 10 (give or take a year) and I slept in my mum's bed on Christmas Eve....Well, it takes me a long time to get to sleep and my mum lay there for a bit...then got up, grabbed my stocking off the back of the bedroom door, took it downstairs and came back up a few minutes later with it full....

I pretended I was asleep the whole time.. I think I already had an inkling, I wasn't really that disappointed, I still got presents!! :) It meant more they were from my mum as well and not some random guy who bought all the other kids presents too :lol:

My second cousin on the other hand is about 30 years old and is still absolutely furious with her parents for lying to her and saying Father Christmas was real, when he wasn't...

xx

I think I found out at 7 or 8, hate to admit it but my sister is 2 years younger than I am and she told me :lol: I was never a snooper, I didn't try to look for my gifts and I always get mad at her when she ruins my surprise for Christmas morning.. I guess if she wasn't such a snoop I'd never know.. lol

My parents also said if we didn't believe in Santa he wouldn't come.

And I remember in school having fights with my friends, some of us believed, and the other half didn't, so half of us wouldn't talk to the other half for a few days whenever the Santa subject came up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"