finding temping a nightmare

darkriver

Reaction score
I am finding temping really difficult. Especially as I wake up at random times in the night. Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do please?

You only need 3 consecutive hrs of sleep and need to take your temp the same time each morning. I recommend temping vaginally. It sounds worse than it really is. I'm a mouth breather, so I wasn't getting accurate readings, so I switched. My temps are definitely more steady.

But what if I wake up at 3? and then temp will I have to temp at the same time everynight?

ye try and temp same time all the time hun xx

I temp at 5am because that's what time I get up to go to work during the week. On the weekends I tend to temp a little later (7am), OR I have a vibrating alarm that goes off (not a regular alarm) on weekends so I temp, and fall back asleep and check the thermometer when I do wake up. I'm one of those people that the extra couple hours of sleep don't see mto affect my temps TOO much. If I wake up a lot at night (like at 2-3am) but don't get up, then I go back to sleep and temp when my alarm goes off. in my case it doesn't make a lot of difference. however if it's like 3am and I have to get up and go to the bathroom, I will actually temp at 3am before I get up because I know the alarm will go off again at 5 and that will only be maybe an hour and a half of sleep.

Everyone is different. Some people's temps are radically affected by less sleep, some aren't. You just have to find what works for you.

This is my chart. I have no clue when I ovulated really. Its been a strange cycle.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 10
This is my chart. I have no clue when I ovulated really. Its been a strange cycle.

Without temps from the beginning of your cycle, it's too hard to tell. You need to have those Pre-O temps to help establish your follicular phase temp because then you can see when the shift is for when you Ovulated. WIthout those, it's hard to establish what the shift was.

For example: if your temps at teh beginning were all below or around the 35.5 range, then it's possible you had a surge at CD12, and O on CD13, and then had a "slow rise temp" (happens sometimes). However, if those other temps were higher, it's possible you O on CD15 and then had a slow rise, small dip and then rise again. Also possible. Without any of that info, I can't be sure.

Why did you choose to discard the temps on CD14 and Cd15?

Either way, if your temp stays up as high as it is, or close to it, for another day or two I can honestly say you are probably in your TWW, but how far I can't be sure. Especially because I don't know if the spike at CD12 was a fluke, or an estrogen surge, or "normal" (because I need to see the pre- temps).

Next cycle, if no BFP obviously, then temp the whole cycle and you'll get a much clearer picture.

I have decided to wait until cd1 and start again. No idea when that will be.

I can't really help interpreting your temps, but maybe you could try and sleep with a sleeping mask on? I used to wake up during the night as well but since I sleep waering a sleeping mask it rarely happens anymore.

Might be worth a try and even if it won't help with your temps, getting a full night's sleep is definitely worth it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->