Finding this impossible! Uncooperative partner!

xZoeyx

Reaction score
Well basically it's very early days at just 8W5D pregnant but I am a planner lol.

I have a girls name that I knew I would have years ago which is Isabelle Rose and partner doesn't say he likes it but doesn't say he doesn't which is a thumbs up.

He is one of these guys that you could never imagine with a child and currently he takes no interest in the pregnancy atall and kind of resents it because of how ill it's making me so here's the hard part... I CANNOT find a boys name I'm in love with and the ones I like he doesn't seem to like!!

We cannot agree on one name atall. My current favourite is Finley Ray Steven (Ray is partners grandads name and Steven is my dads).

Can people suggest some other names but nothing to unusual or "strange", purely because partner will definitely say no!

Thanks girls.

Well basically it's very early days at just 8W5D pregnant but I am a planner lol.

I have a girls name that I knew I would have years ago which is Isabelle Rose and partner doesn't say he likes it but doesn't say he doesn't which is a thumbs up.

He is one of these guys that you could never imagine with a child and currently he takes no interest in the pregnancy at all and kind of resents it because of how ill it's making me so here's the hard part... I CANNOT find a boys name I'm in love with and the ones I like he doesn't seem to like!!

We cannot agree on one name atall. My current favourite is Finley Ray Steven (Ray is partners grandads name and Steven is my dads).

Can people suggest some other names but nothing to unusual or "strange", purely because partner will definitely say no!

Thanks girls.

that was exactly what my OH was like too - thank god its not just me

Girls

Sophie
Lucy
Rebecca
Charlotte
Georgia
Lexie

Boys
William
Alexander
Alfie
Oscar
Ellis

I can totally feel your pain!!

My DH and I cannot agree for love nor money on a name for our little boy! :nope::cry:

I'm due in just over 5 weeks and we don't have a clue what to call him!

I've suggested loads! Some of which (to give you some options!) are:

Euan
William
Cian
Matthew
Rupert
Harry
Flynn
Finley
Finn
Arthur
Albert (Bertie)
Dylan

He hates them all! :cry:

His only suggestions so far have been:

Alex
Tristan
Coby
Keenan

I hate them all!! (Although Coby I think is the best of a bad bunch!?) :shrug:

Ha! We chose Isabella Rose!

OH was exactly the same, turned out he was just too insecure to put his ideas out there!

I made lists of all the first and middle names I liked and gave it to him to either cross of or rate out of 10 etc when I wasn't around. He liked that! He even started up coming up with names and combos of his own in the end! With dd#2 we came up with exactly the same name combo first time round! Might be worth a try?!

Some on our list were:

Oliver (obviously!)
Dominic
Sebastian
Michael
Benjamin
Francis (nn Frankie)
James
Harrison (nn Harri)
Rhys
Daniel

Thanks girls.

Not too keen on Coby, Cody maybe but not Coby lol. I like a few of the names you suggested tho, but none jump out at me :/

I considered doing a list but even if I did that and left it with him, he wouldn't do it. But also he's never alone, as I don't work at the moment so whenever he gets home I'm there lol, and I don't go out!

I love Harrison but 2 of our friends have children called Harrison so it's a no go, especially as one was born not long ago!
Ill keep trying!

I have the other extreme, OH wants to use names which don't even exist! With DS we went for Ossian so that is pretty unusual and means little fawn in Irish.

I do like traditional names so my list would be

Jonathan
Andrew
Marshal
Peter
Ryan
Shawn (hate the spelling Sean)
Oliver
Timothy

I have the other extreme, OH wants to use names which don't even exist! With DS we went for Ossian so that is pretty unusual and means little fawn in Irish.

I do like traditional names so my list would be

Jonathan
Andrew
Marshal
Peter
Ryan
Shawn (hate the spelling Sean)
Oliver
Timothy

me too, I still always pronounce it SEE-N when I see it

there is only one name I like that looks slightly confusing but logically that's still spelled correctly when you compare sound because it starts with Sch which people always say as 'shoe' but its actually pronounced 'Sk' like in school or scheduled

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->