Finger food ideas

prettyunicorn

Reaction score
Baby seems to be into toast. He did have one episode of mushed up bread stuck to the roof of his mouth. So I started to think of similar food to offer him.
Has anyone tried flat bread, tortilla strips or something on the same lines. I usually make fresh tortillas at home plain or stuffed with potatoes, cheese etc. What do you people think. Also do I omit the salt as baby is only 7 months old.
TIA

mine loves toast too! :) I haven't tried any other breads yet though, I'll have to start experimenting.

tortilla strips might be hard for him to chew through but he could still gum them? flatbread would be nice! what about things like focaccia too? :)

Thanks babyv13. I will try some flatbread today and let you know how it goes. The tortilla I make is soft like a wrap but since it is thin not sure if he would be able to hold/grip it. Thinking about stuffing it with cheese to give some body and flavor.

It's worth trying. I'd say toast is probably the easiest to chew of all of those as both flatbread and tortillas can be a bit chewy and harder to break apart. But I would definitely give it a go. The point of things like toast fingers is really just to expose them to what's on the toast, so it doesn't matter as much if they can't chew the toast well itself. You can just keep reloading it with whatever spread you're using. My daughter has long loved bagels, but they are a bit thick and it takes her awhile to really start to break it down (even with molars). But we just keep spreading more cream cheese or peanut butter or whatever on it as she goes. If you're making your own tortillas, you might try quesadillas. We've done those a few times and they were a hit.

Although toast was that bit easier for LO she also did great with tortillas.
What about pittas? LO loves these and as there a bit harder than tortillas they maybe a bit easier? Also rice cakes and crackers are great for putting stuff on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->