Finger foods

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
What age did you introduce them if you started off with pureed baby food?

right around 6 months. Bananas (coated with ground up Cheerios to make grasping easier) and toast were the first ones we tried. Than moved on to avocado, spaghetti, steamed broccoli, & cheesesticks. Most foods that you can puree you can make into a decent finger food I've found.

With Casen it was within a month of starting purees...Hayden was much longer but because he didn't eat. Casen loved food! Like real table food. He started purees right before 6mo and was fully off them by 10mo

I went to see my HV today and she told me to start Phoebe on finger foods now as she started weaning at 17 weeks and it is going really well. I gave her grated cheese tonight which went down a storm and she had some toast which she managed to bite a bit off and swollow no problem.

I have been told to try her with cheese sticks, toast, brocolli, carrots etc and see how she goes.

Thanks for asking this I was wondering the same thing - am going to start trying Chloe with finger foods probably from next week, so she will be almost 6 months.

I'm so worried about her choking but I know she will be fine x

Thanks for asking this I was wondering the same thing - am going to start trying Chloe with finger foods probably from next week, so she will be almost 6 months.

I'm so worried about her choking but I know she will be fine x

Elyse had steamed broccoli the other night, I was really worried about it too and all over sweeping her mouth with my fingers whenever I thought she had "bit off more than she could chew" :rofl:

Most veg, Liam is now trying Strawberries, anything thats easy to grasp

I started my LO with finger foods at about 6months...i gave him things like toast, steamed veg etc...went down a treat :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->