Finger Nails

babymello

My Pretty Mama
Reaction score
Are you afraid to clip your baby's nails
or do you prefer to let someone else do it?

I used too.

The first time I let my sister do it, she did it like it was nothing.

One day I decided to do it while she was sleeping and it was a success.

If your afraid to do it, don't be. Just hold down the skin under the nail and clip, but not too far.

Afraid or Not.....
Mello

I cut Bella the first time I did it. Now I do it when I'm nursing, it helps distract her.

I cut Jack's finger the first time I did it too because I was nervous:cry:. I am now so much more confident in handling him, he lets me do it with no problem - I just pretend it's a game & I get his fingers & toes done at the same time!

Bren absolutly HATES his nails being cut. I have to wait till he is totally asleep and then I just bite them. He is not so bad about his toes.

i noticed courtney has a very nice thumb nail at the mo :rofl: looks like its been manicured....

will def have to cut them soon!! eeeek!!

It's very hard to cut Noah's. He moves everywhere etc. We've nicked him a few times. Most of the time I just file them if they are really bad.

Jacks have to be cut down to the skin as he loves to gouge at his face when he is tired or upset - leaving big scram marks if I'm not careful & leave a bit too long:blush:

Bella's toe nails don't grow. I thought that was normal for babies, now I'm wondering why???

She doesn't scratch herself Kerry? Hannah's horrible about scratching her face so we have to keep her nails trimmed, and we file them down too so they aren't so sharp :lol:

She doesn't scratch herself Kerry? Hannah's horrible about scratching her face so we have to keep her nails trimmed, and we file them down too so they aren't so sharp :lol:

well she had a habit of poking herself in the eyes.... she made them bloodshot... she still covers her face with her hands...!!

Ive only noticed one long one... but she has scratched me lol... and she digs her nails in!!

I will have to cut them this week I think!! Wont be doing her eyes anygood!!

well she had a habit of poking herself in the eyes.... she made them bloodshot... she still covers her face with her hands...!!

Ive only noticed one long one... but she has scratched me lol... and she digs her nails in!!

I will have to cut them this week I think!! Wont be doing her eyes anygood!!

Do you have scratch mittens?
I suggest putting it on her.

Mello

I have scratch mittens but honestly don't like the things so never used them

scratch mittens are too big lol.... she seems to have learnt that poking her eyes actually hurts so doesnt do it anymore :)

I bite Kaida's finger nails off.

I really didn't think people would bite their babies nails, until I just read this.

My sister said that's "ghetto" lol

Hey, if that's your way. Continue...

Mello

scratch mittens are too big lol.... she seems to have learnt that poking her eyes actually hurts so doesnt do it anymore :)

You said your baby eyes got bloodshed, girl you better use those scratch mittens.

Mello

HV and midwife wasnt too concerned about the bloodshot eye.... !!

And ive heard your meant to bite them off to begin with... and not use scissors until they are a little older!!

Hannahs nails need cut at least once a week but for the first few times my mum did for me as I wasnt confident but one day I just went for it and it wasnt all that bad to do after all!

I bite Amelia's when she is feeding although i have cut them once with lil baby nail clippers, most of them time she has scratch mittens on as she tends to scratch her face too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->