fingerfoods

mickey

Reaction score
we got some Organix fingerfoods now and I wanted to know what else I can give her @ seven month?

is white toast in stripes ok?

any other suggestions?

is it ok to buy the ready to cook vegetables (bag with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) from the shop, cook it in the microwave and give it to her as fingerfoods?

as well, is canned stuff ok, as long as it doesn't contain salt or other "no"-ingredients?

Hi Mickey

I mainly went down the "baby led weaning" route with my DD from when I weaned her at 6 months of age so she tried pretty much everything in my diet (excluding things that aren't suitable until 12mths like honey, strawberries, citrus foods, egg white, nuts, seeds etc). This time DS isn't as keen on finger foods but has a good go and toast, strips of fruit, brocolli florets, potato wedges etc.

Do what you feel comfortable with but yes you can give you DD any finger food you like!

frozen veg is great as it's frozen as soon as it's picked your little one gets all the goodness. It's also really easy as you can just take it straight from the freezer and put it into the microwave when you need it. My little girl loved parsnips and their quite chunky so they are an easy finger food. Toast is great as once they get used to that you can start introducing other things on it like cheese and they love to dip it into things aswel.
Good luck and i hope you enjoy this time exploring new things together.

When are you giving your LOs finger foods at 6-7-8 month old? For their meals? Inbetween meals?

I started to give LO those Organix "snacks" for breakfast (not every day though) or after lunch, when we introduce something new and she isn't that keen on it!

and I want to start to give her fingerfoods at lunch, apparently I will start to replace her pureed food into fingerfoods. e.g. she had potatoe puree before, now she will get stripes of backed potatoe and pureed minced meat to dip into it!

I started to give my daughter finger foods at about 8 months as snacks so that i knew she was still getting her meals and she could get the hang of finger foods before i gave them to her as a meal because to honest most of it ended up on the floor, her clothes etc anywhere but in her mouth.

Hope this helps xxx

Forgot!!!

I actually progressed onto lumpy food, for example i would just mash the potato with a folk to begin and then once she was comfortable with the lumps i would progress onto finger foods at meal times

that's very helpful advice, thx :hi:

See I'm giving Oliver finger foods like organix biscuits, carrot and cucumber sticks etc..but he has had a suck on some toast, potato wedges...and yesterday in piza hut he screamed the place down because he wanted my pizza!! lol At the minute though Oliver only has one tooth half way through so all he does is suck everything-not actually eat it. But i think its good cus it gets him used to feeding himself and different textures etc. x

i often give callum toast, cut into strips, for breakfast. he loves it, especially now he has 4 teeth. He hates cucumber tho!!

I've been giving Caitlin strips of toast after her brekkie, Organix carrot, tomatoe stix etc after lunch & I've tried cow & gate biscuits ...she likes them all but as stated above they make a darn mess :lol:

ok, OH is against white bread and Anabel Karmel says brown bread @ nine month!

so, we will wait with the bread :dohh:

tried ricecrackers now, she doesn't eat them as easily as the cornrings, but still explores them, sucks and chews them :hi:

Ryan has; bread and butter in strips, sticks of cheese, sticks of fruit/veg, strips of toast (or my mum will make it in triangles lol).

AK says no brown bread until 9 months? Anyone know reasons for it? x

here are just some of the things i did for my little guy when he was eatig finger foods

Baby First Finger Foods - Vegetarian Avocado, Ricotta (cheese) and Asparagus Dip - to dip crackers, veggies, or on toast(bagels)

3 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into small pieces
1/2 ripe avocado
1tsp lemon juice (optional - some babies may react to lemon juice)
1tbsp ricotta

Steam the asparagus pieces, then cool.
Place all the ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.

also with fruit i would have ripe pieces of pear, banana, mango, melon avacado etc. and have grind up cheerios, graham crackers, wheat getm etc to coat them in for easier pick up.

just some ideas hope you find them useful,

take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"