• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Finished my birth plan!

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
Finally, been meaning to for quite some time. What are some things that you ladies have out on your that your stressing about?

Mine is not offering medication. I do not want to even hear about it!

My goal is to have a natural birth. But I just want to be sure they don't give my little one a binky. I really don't want to get her too tied to them and hopefully it will help me with breastfeeding

The biggest thing I'm stressing out is visitors. I don't want anyone there until I am ready. My in laws tend to be intrusive and I'm so nervous they will show up and hover over me while I'm trying to bond with my little girl. I want alone time with my husband and daughter to learn to breastfeed and relax with her.

The other thing I'm stressed about is breastfeeding. Because this is my first, I want to make sure they give her to me right away to try to feed her.

My big one is making sure they know I'm attempting to breastfeed again and not to give LO any formula or a binky. When I had my first, they took him to the nursery for a little while so I could sleep. It was supposed to be just until his next feeding. I wake up a few hours later to find no baby in my room, and when I have them get him, they told me that his blood sugar was low so they gave him formula. Without consulting me at all, or bringing him to me to feed. I was pretty PO'd.
I ended up not being successful breastfeeding DH and I may not be at breastfeeding this time either, but I will make every decision about her feedings.

For me, my biggest aim is to try and go without pain relief. With my first labour I was out of control, I really didn't expect anything of the sort so I resorted to pain relief pretty quickly.

This time however I know what it's going to be like so I'm feeling more prepared and in control.

I dont want any form of induction or pitocin of any sort, but going to do the plan with my hospital on monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->