Fireworks

I love fireworks. I had a fireworks/halloween party at my house and I love them. Me and OH spend about £150 every year on them. We are very aware that people dont like them so we inform our neighbours and we dont let them off every week for goodness knows how long

Can't say I have noticed a problem here where I live. I actually live across from a fireworks store.

Blackberry in the uk there's a whole problem over fireworks. Kids get them all the time, even though it's illegal to sell them to kids, and for the whole of October and November there'll be spates of fireworks in people's letterboxes, setting them off across streets at pedestrians etc. It's really awful in some places. Where I last lived in Newcastle there were certain streets by mine I simply had to avoid for two months because of how dangerous they were.

I don't know much about Guy Fawkes so won't comment on that :)

BUT I don't believe fireworks should be available to the general public. All I think of when I think of fireworks is people cutting them up and making bombs. But then I guess, if I could make a bomb using the stuff that's under my kitchen sink, then I don't need fireworks really do I??? And neither do the other people who intend to use fireworks for dangerous reasons.

However, it is much easier to go out and buy a firework or two (and I'm not talking of children here either, there are some sick people about who are adults and still like throwing fireworks at people) than it is to get out a mixing bowl and mix and separate and solidify some explosives of my own.. So that is probably where the problem arises. With kids, they use fireworks because they are easy to get hold of; with the adults who really want to hurt someone, we should be glad they use fireworks because far more dangerous stuff can be made if you know how.

I like organised fireworks displays but I don't think they should be available to the public, it's much too dangerous and a complete PITA.

dont like them, expensive, waste of money.

I like watching them at organised events, just not buying them :haha:

I too dont think they should be sold to the public! far too much noise and comotion! and danger...people would enjoy it far more at an event where they could see friends and family IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->